Earbuds Round-Up
post-15837511
Post #49,051 of 50,006

abhijollyguy

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Is K's LBB's still the best choice under the USD50 budget when it comes to balanced sounding earbud?

post-15837524
Post #49,052 of 50,006

baskingshark

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Is K's LBB's still the best choice under the USD50 budget when it comes to balanced sounding earbud?
Haven't heard the LBB, but my vote goes to BK2 for a balanced sound. 20 usd during sales with detachable cable.

post-15837596
Post #49,053 of 50,006

daid1

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Incredible looking cable, how are they?
quick listen, well balanced, they extend well from the bass to the high without beeing too much or too little, bass going deep or punchy when is needed, and if some recording is not well made or poor compressed you will hear it immediatly mostly on the highs to my ears, the stage is big, or maybe because voices and instrument seems are away from the listener, not too much, but neither directly in face, but this is probably makes the stage seeming big, remains very good the coerence in placing the instrument in the stage, there is a lot of clarity in the sound that helps, and details, but remains a pleasant musicality that spur me to listen more and more rather than changing song on and on, and it happened only few times in my audio jurney. As quick comparison, the Penon BS1 official aren't so coherent in their imaging and the tonalty seems to me sterile and artificial, so I'm very happy with this discovery :L3000: looking forward to receive the others :ksc75smile:

post-15837647
Post #49,054 of 50,006

jogawag

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Jul 31, 2016
Haven't heard the LBB, but my vote goes to BK2 for a balanced sound. 20 usd during sales with detachable cable.
The cable included to the BK2 is a silver-plated copper wire, but to make the BK2's bass enough, the cable must be changed to copper wire.
For even more bass, double the foam.
bk2.jpg

Last edited:
post-15838125
Post #49,055 of 50,006

fonkepala

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Yeah, the default tuning is pretty much par for the course for most earbuds - - sloppy delineation between bass and mids, overall super warm with some obscuring of low end and mid range detail.

I'm typically on a v60 as my source. Screenshots_2020-08-31-20-35-33.png

Cleans things up nicely. Great transparency.
Judging from your EQ, the Rambo needs a treble boost and a significant cut in the mids?

Hi Everyone

Do be aware there's a newer version of K's LBBs. Mine should arrive sometime soon.

quick listen, well balanced, they extend well from the bass to the high without beeing too much or too little, bass going deep or punchy when is needed, and if some recording is not well made or poor compressed you will hear it immediatly mostly on the highs to my ears, the stage is big, or maybe because voices and instrument seems are away from the listener, not too much, but neither directly in face, but this is probably makes the stage seeming big, remains very good the coerence in placing the instrument in the stage, there is a lot of clarity in the sound that helps, and details, but remains a pleasant musicality that spur me to listen more and more rather than changing song on and on, and it happened only few times in my audio jurney. As quick comparison, the Penon BS1 official aren't so coherent in their imaging and the tonalty seems to me sterile and artificial, so I'm very happy with this discovery :L3000: looking forward to receive the others :ksc75smile:
Just curious, how much did this earbud cost? Cable a bit too thick and heavy, maybe? Other than that, they look lovely.

post-15838143
Post #49,056 of 50,006

Sam L

1000+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Judging from your EQ, the Rambo needs a treble boost and a significant cut in the mids?

Do be aware there's a newer version of K's LBBs. Mine should arrive sometime soon.

Just curious, how much did this earbud cost? Cable a bit too thick and heavy, maybe? Other than that, they look lovely.
Re: Rambo 2 eq, I don't listen with this setting all the time, may 30% of the time and mostly when I'm coming from my iems and know that I'm not going to stay with earbuds for more than a single 40-60 minute listening session.

I target the harman curve with not quite as much treble or bass boost.

Reactions: fonkepala
post-15838145
Post #49,057 of 50,006

daid1

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
is not heavy even with the sleeve, but you can ask if you don't want it without sleeve, 125 dollars with the HUM 4.4 jack plus shipping

I don't think I will need anymore the Penon one "unfortunately" :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
post-15838336
Post #49,058 of 50,006

Alex.Grimm

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Someone can tell me what's the difference between K's Bell-LBB, Bell-LBW, Bell-LBS?

post-15838341
Post #49,059 of 50,006

Alex.Grimm

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
post-15838425
Post #49,060 of 50,006

Sam L

1000+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed red foams tearing more easily when putting them on? I picked up a 40pk from a retailer on aliexpress that I've ordered from before (though in black)

post-15838530
Post #49,061 of 50,006

assassin10000

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Someone can tell me what's the difference between K's Bell-LBB, Bell-LBW, Bell-LBS?
I think those are the cables/colors. Black, white and with microphone.

At least I assume so given how both the 2018 and 2020 version boxes list them.
IMG_20200816_223607.jpg

Could you write a link newer version K's?
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32983779232.html

This now sells the 2020 version. At least it thats how I got my white 2020 one. You can pm them to confirm the box/package is the larger/newer version. Nicehck has always been helpful to me.

Has anyone else noticed red foams tearing more easily when putting them on? I picked up a 40pk from a retailer on aliexpress that I've ordered from before (though in black)
Some colored foams may be made with a softer easier to tear foam than the black ones. At least a couple pairs that I've handled felt that way to me.

Reactions: jogawag
post-15838720
Post #49,062 of 50,006

wskl

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Could you write a link newer version K's?
I found one seller with the new version LBBs (Option C in the link)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001291477653.html

As mentioned by ClieOS, the tuning is only a little different
Also note that the LBB upgraded model, the LBBs was released just before CNY, but was caught up by the outbreak and thus haven't made it to the international market yet. It retains mostly the same tuning as LBB, but slightly more lively and upfront. If you are not in any hurry and are interested in LBB, the new LBBs will be the better choice.

Reactions: Alex.Grimm
post-15838836
Post #49,063 of 50,006

Nool

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
Personally I'd give an emphatic yes to that, I wound up using a similar EQ setting as SamL posted. I've found subbass can be boosted about 2db before starting to hear some distortion on bass-heavy tracks, and treble can be boosted about 3db at most before starting to break up. Jacking the subbass and lowering the midbass/lower mids really cleans up the presentation, and raising the treble results in a slight u-shaped signature without much, if any compromise in sound quality. Though, seeing as I've just gotten the KSC75 and Rambo2 in the past week (as well as the ER2XR), I still need to spend quite a bit of time on all three before I'm comfortable giving any full impressions.

Since you asked relative to the KSC75, my quick and dirty impressions are that (after EQ) the Rambo2 is more resolving, also its soundstage seems to be on par with the KSC75, possibly a little smaller but the presence of subbass sort of counteracts that. Imaging is cleaner thanks to better resolution. The KSC75 might have slightly better timbre but I'm not quite sure yet. KSC75 no doubt has better default tuning, but after EQ I feel fairly certain the Rambo2 is better. Still gotta get used to things though so fair warning, I might change my mind later.

Also, I asked ISN what materials they used for the Rambo2 and they refused to answer, which was kinda funny. Penon replied that the diaphragm is "titanium composite", so it's likely some sort of titanium coated plastic, which seems to be a common configuration (the KSC75 uses titanium coated mylar, apparently).

Attachments

Last edited:
post-15839007
Post #49,064 of 50,006

Sam L

1000+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Personally I'd give an emphatic yes to that, I wound up using a similar EQ setting as SamL posted. I've found subbass can be boosted about 2db before starting to hear some distortion on bass-heavy tracks, and treble can be boosted about 3db at most before starting to break up. Jacking the subbass and lowering the midbass/lower mids really cleans up the presentation, and raising the treble results in a slight u-shaped signature without much, if any compromise in sound quality. Though, seeing as I've just gotten the KSC75 and Rambo2 in the past week (as well as the ER2XR), I still need to spend quite a bit of time on all three before I'm comfortable giving any full impressions.

Since you asked relative to the KSC75, my quick and dirty impressions are that (after EQ) the R2 is more resolving, also its soundstage seems to be on par with the KSC75, possibly a little smaller but the presence of subbass sort of counteracts that. Imaging is cleaner thanks to better resolution. The KSC75 might have slightly better timbre but I'm not quite sure yet. KSC75 no doubt has better default tuning, but after EQ I feel fairly certain the R2 is better. Still gotta get used to things though so fair warning, I might change my mind later.

Also, I asked ISN what materials they used for the Rambo2 and they refused to answer, which was kinda funny. Penon replied that the diaphragm is "titanium composite", so it's likely some sort of titanium coated plastic, which seems to be a common configuration (the KSC75 uses titanium coated mylar, apparently).
I'm surprised isn wouldn't give an answer. As you no doubt are aware, just keep in mind as you move back and forth from Rambo's to the etys and Koss, they are really different fundamentally how they all present sound. I picked up those etys when they dropped to $119 earlier this year. Couldn't resist, was pondering a purchase for over a year. The etys are still among my favorite iems, even with all the amazing chifi stuff that followed (picked up the it00, Legacy 3, and awaiting for aq7). I still don't see anything completely displacing the etys.

Last edited:
post-15840112
Post #49,065 of 50,006

fonkepala

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score

Since you asked relative to the KSC75, my quick and dirty impressions are that (after EQ) the R2 is more resolving, also its soundstage seems to be on par with the KSC75, possibly a little smaller but the presence of subbass sort of counteracts that. Imaging is cleaner thanks to better resolution. The KSC75 might have slightly better timbre but I'm not quite sure yet. KSC75 no doubt has better default tuning, but after EQ I feel fairly certain the R2 is better. Still gotta get used to things though so fair warning, I might change my mind later.

Thanks for your detailed insight. Looking forward to hearing more on the Rambo 2 and the KSC75 as you get more listening time with them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 15, Guests: 25)