Earbuds Round-Up
May 6, 2020 at 8:11 AM Post #47,776 of 75,273
Maybe Vido is supplying the earbuds? The red and blue Vidos instantly got sold out here and I don't see someone selling it anymore.

Actually Vido is a computer / Android tablet brand in China and doesn't make its own earbuds. The original Vido earbud is OEMed by another factory and supplied to Vido as their stock earbud on its various tablets / computers at one point. Traceless is made by the same factory - the two uses the exact same driver and should sound exactly the same, just branded differently.

May 6, 2020 at 8:12 AM Post #47,777 of 75,273
Actually Vido is a computer / Android tablet brand in China and doesn't make its own earbuds. The original Vido earbud is OEMed by another factory and supplied to Vido as their stock earbud on its various tablets / computers at one point. Traceless is made by the same factory - the two uses the exact same driver and should sound exactly the same, just branded differently.
Very interesting. Thanks for clarifying!

May 6, 2020 at 8:30 AM Post #47,778 of 75,273

Hi, Mr. @ClieOS, you are very familiar with Vido.
So, I want to ask you about Vido.

I've seen to be written that the white (or red?) Vido sounds particularly good, is that just a rumor?

Also, I've seen that Vido and Yincrow X6 have almost the same FR graph. Do you know if they both have the same driver?
Vido-Yincrow X&.jpg

Last edited:
May 6, 2020 at 9:43 AM Post #47,779 of 75,273
Is it just me, or do these look like rebranded Vidos? Judging from the looks at least. And Vido just realeased a clear red & blue version. Coindidence?
Nickhck Traceless is as excellent as VIDO earbud .
The Customized verison : Clear red+clear blue is very attractive and special
if you love the { VIDO }, you must fall in love our { nicehck traceless }
Hc421ce08be344629875fd9addbab19cbz.jpg

Last edited:
May 6, 2020 at 9:53 AM Post #47,780 of 75,273
Nickhck Traceless is as excellent as VIDO earbud .
The Customized verison : Clear red+clear blue is very attractive and special
if you love the { VIDO }, you must fall in love our { nicehck traceless }
Hc421ce08be344629875fd9addbab19cbz.jpg

Is there any reason to get this since the VIDO is much cheaper?

May 6, 2020 at 10:52 AM Post #47,781 of 75,273
Is there any reason to get this since the VIDO is much cheaper?

Considering that they just stamped their name and charged more without offering any benefits like a better cable, for example, my opinion is that it is not worth it. But if in your assessment you want to honor Mr. Jim Nicehck, go ahead. I'm just being cold and rational :)

May 6, 2020 at 11:49 AM Post #47,782 of 75,273
You should buy a pair of foams honestly. Hiegi foams are cheap, comes with a donut form and really good quality.

I bought earbuds once with bundled foams, the other pair was red, and guess what? They stained my white earbuds because the pigment was starting to fade away.

Thanks god I still have some from the last VE Monk+ purchase as they deliver 4-5 pairs of foams and they are still good! Will order those again!!!

May 6, 2020 at 2:46 PM Post #47,783 of 75,273
Hi, Mr. @ClieOS, you are very familiar with Vido.
So, I want to ask you about Vido.

I've seen to be written that the white (or red?) Vido sounds particularly good, is that just a rumor?

Also, I've seen that Vido and Yincrow X6 have almost the same FR graph. Do you know if they both have the same driver?

I am by no mean Vido expert, nor own any white / red Vido to tell you that they are better or otherwsie. I only have the very frist version of Vido, in blue. I have ordered the new Traceless transparent red/blue though, but really more to keep an extra copy, besides the fact that I like the color scheme.

Never compared Vido to X6 directly before - but if they measured the same, then the logical conclusion should be that they use the same driver and even possibly come from the same OEM factory.

Last edited:
May 6, 2020 at 4:32 PM Post #47,785 of 75,273
I am by no mean Vido expert, nor own any white / red Vido to tell you that they are better or otherwsie. I only have the very frist version of Vido, in blue. I have ordered the new Traceless transparent red/blue though, but really more to keep an extra copy, besides the fact that I like the color scheme.

Never compared Vido to X6 directly before - but if they measured the same, then the logical conclusion should be that they use the same driver and even possibly come from the same OEM factory.
Thanks, Mr. @ClieOS.
So do you think Vido and Yincrow X6 have similar sound signatures?
I only have Vido, do you think it's worth buying an additional Yincrow X6?

May 6, 2020 at 8:55 PM Post #47,786 of 75,273
Thanks, Mr. @ClieOS.
So do you think Vido and Yincrow X6 have similar sound signatures?
I only have Vido, do you think it's worth buying an additional Yincrow X6?

That graph say it all. The question you should be asking is what are you expected to gain with an X6?

May 6, 2020 at 10:24 PM Post #47,788 of 75,273
First impressions of the FAD E5000: I have no idea why people complain about these being dark. Maybe everyone else is just used to 267 BA drivers in their ears, but to my ears, these sound warm and velvety yet clear and extended. Timbre isn't overly darkened either (E2000 is darker to my ears, or if you've ever heard the Sennheiser HD598)--and I listen to some pretty bright/close to neutral headphones in the Shozy BK and AKG K7XX. Soundstage feels large too--at least as large as my AKG K7XX. This is because the AKG K7XX has all of its sound thrown back from your ears, so there isn't as much of a discernable placement of instruments close and far away. Its mostly just 4 ft-8ft, whereas the E5000 sound like they are between 1ft-5ft if that makes sense.

Will wait a few days to get some of the potential sunk cost fallacy from coloring an actual short comparison from the few headphones I have.

Last edited:
May 6, 2020 at 11:07 PM Post #47,789 of 75,273
First impressions of the FAD E5000: I have no idea why people complain about these being dark. Maybe everyone else is just used to 267 BA drivers in their ears, but to my ears, these sound warm and velvety yet clear and extended. Timbre isn't overly darkened either (E2000 is darker to my ears, or if you've ever heard the Sennheiser HD598)--and I listen to some pretty bright/close to neutral headphones in the Shozy BK and AKG K7XX. Soundstage feels large too--at least as large as my AKG K7XX. This is because the AKG K7XX has all of its sound thrown back from your ears, so there isn't as much of a discernable placement of instruments close and far away. Its mostly just 4 ft-8ft, whereas the E5000 sound like they are between 1ft-5ft if that makes sense.

Will wait a few days to get some of the potential sunk cost fallacy from coloring an actual short comparison from the few headphones I have.
Glad you like them

May 6, 2020 at 11:31 PM Post #47,790 of 75,273

Users who are viewing this thread

Back