Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 24, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #46,066 of 75,393
I have the Knight and the BK2 and would reach for the BK2 every time
Could you elaborate a bit on the sound signature of the Knight? You might like the BK2 better but it's not really helpful for us because we don't know your preferences and might have different needs or tastes. The BK2 also costs twice as much at discount price and about 3x more at original price, so I'd be glad if you could compare it to other 10usd buds, at least on sound signature level. Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2019 at 11:53 AM Post #46,067 of 75,393
Could you elaborate a bit on the sound signature of the Knight? You might like the BK2 better but it's not really helpful for us because we don't know your preferences and might have different needs or tastes. The BK2 also costs twice as much at discount price and 3-4x more at retail price, so I'd be glad if you could compare it to other 10usd buds, at least on sound signature level. Thanks in advance

The BK2 is worth every single penny, at 20€ it has a perfectly fine stock cable, and sounds just superb if you want a general, good at everything earbud. (Movies, acoustic and edm, it does it all great) It sounds warm and friendly to the ears, with great bass extension, texture and quantity, but without being slow, the bass keeps up really well with fast tracks, just the right amount of decay imo (I sometimes wish my tonekings would be more like it in the lows)

Mids are perfect and highs extend well with good detail and clarity but not extraordinary either, it's an overall laid-back and pleasing sound that suits extended sessions very well.

I still have to find something negative about it, but I simply can't.

While I appreciate the technicity of my 60-80$ earbuds, If I had to keep only one, it would be the bk2 tbh. Might change with the TO600 but for now, it's my #1 because it's good at everything.

I actually sent my pair as a present to a good friend, who was curious about earbuds, I think it's the perfect entry into this world, many other options would be lacking in bass for the untrained ear I think. I naturally had to immediately rebuy them :)

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #46,068 of 75,393
The BK2 is worth every single penny, at 20€ it has a perfectly fine stock cable, and sounds just superb if you want a general, good at everything earbud. It sounds warm and friendly to the ears, with great bass extension, texture and quantity, but without being slow, the bass keeps up really well with fast tracks, just the right amount of decay imo (I sometimes wish my tonekings would be more like it in the lows)

Mids are perfect and highs extend well with good detail and clarity but not extraordinary either, it's an overall laid-back and pleasing sound that suits extended sessions very well.

I still have to find something negative about it, but I simply can't.

While I appreciate the technicity of my 60-80$ earbuds, If I had to keep only one, it would be the bk2 tbh. Might change with the TO600 but for now, it's my #1 because it's good at everything.
Thanks for the detailed impressions, the BK2 looks very nice indeed. I'll consider it but I'm just not really comfortable with spending that money on stock buds at the moment, I had some big disappointments lately with QC and bass quantity etc. I'm just more interested in the Knight at the moment, especially compared objectively to ry4s, qian69, b40 etc. :)

Nov 24, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #46,069 of 75,393
Thanks for the detailed impressions, the BK2 looks very nice indeed. I'll consider it but I'm just not really comfortable with spending that money on stock buds at the moment, I had some big disappointments lately with QC and bass quantity etc. I'm just more interested in the Knight at the moment, especially compared objectively to ry4s, qian69, b40 etc. :)

Well you can buy 2 so-so 10$ buds or one great 20$ bud, chose wisely!

I removed the knight from my card following panda's remark. I don't really need "less good" stuff than what I have and still waiting for nameless, to600, ry4S, rw1000 and snow lotus 2.0 lol, this will become quickly difficult to justify ^^

I intend to make more presents tho.

Nov 24, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #46,071 of 75,393
The KB EAR Knight is nothing special to me, I prefer K's K64 or K300 which are cheaper. I will burn them in more and take it from there

Nov 24, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #46,072 of 75,393
I am finally hearing what the Smabat M1s are capable of. After 50 hours burn in and fitting the earhooks (which I have never used before), I am very impressed by the soundstage, timbre and imaging. I am now getting an acceptable bass response. It takes a bit of time to get used to the lack of isolation, and the M1 is very power hungry but I think I am warming to their presentation. Full review coming soon.

Nov 24, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #46,073 of 75,393
Well you can buy 2 so-so 10$ buds or one great 20$ bud, chose wisely!

I removed the knight from my card following panda's remark. I don't really need "less good" stuff than what I have and still waiting for nameless, to600, ry4S, rw1000 and snow lotus 2.0 lol, this will become quickly difficult to justify ^^

I intend to make more presents tho.
My problem is that I don't trust subjective statements any more for example “I like better than that”. I bought a bunch of hyped earbuds based on these kind of opinions and I either didn't like them at all (ry4c, tc200) or found something annoying about them (ry4s ue, b40). Everyone has different tastes, ears, gears, preferences, use cases etc. so for me the only useful review is a direct comparison with something I know, so in relative terms, not absolute subjective statements. Something like, this bud has deeper bass, brighter mids and tamed highs compared to xy, you know what I mean, so I can interpolate from that. For example, I personally would like something that has deeper stronger bass, cleaner smoother mids and more extended, neutral highs compared to Qian69. I fear that I would found BK2 thin, sharp, as there are controversial reviews, but I couldn't find a direct comparison with something I've had before so I can't know for sure.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2019 at 4:31 PM Post #46,074 of 75,393
Best black Friday deal lol

QkLbqqt.png

Nov 24, 2019 at 5:36 PM Post #46,076 of 75,393
I would steer clear from ordering the M1 Pro from Amazon. My order was scheduled to be delivered last Tuesday, the 19th, and they still haven't shipped. I attempted to cancel the order, but received a response stating I could not, and delivery schedule was still in the works. This is a prime item, and I am a prime member. I messaged the seller and have not received a response. Their review feedback was stellar up until about 3.5 weeks ago, in which time they have had 4 negative reviews. I'll give them until tomorrow or Tuesday to reply. If I don't, I guess I'll have to file a claim and try to get my money back. 1st time I've ever had an issue with Amazon Prime.

Nov 24, 2019 at 5:37 PM Post #46,077 of 75,393
Nov 24, 2019 at 6:15 PM Post #46,078 of 75,393
Which is better: K's LBB or NICEHCK EB2?
LBB has weak low end but good mids and highs that are pretty neutral.

EB2 has a bit more mid bass, clear (but a little off sounding tonally) mids, and smooth highs.

Both are clear sounding but the LBB is slighty more detailed. EB2 has wider soundstage.

Not a huge fan of either but if you dont care about bass quantity the LBB is a better earbud technically. But EB2 will sound sweeter because it has some mid bass presence to balance with the upper midrange emphasis.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2019 at 11:14 PM Post #46,080 of 75,393
LBB has weak low end but good mids and highs that are pretty neutral.

EB2 has a bit more mid bass, clear (but a little off sounding tonally) mids, and smooth highs.

Both are clear sounding but the LBB is slighty more detailed. EB2 has wider soundstage.

Not a huge fan of either but if you dont care about bass quantity the LBB is a better earbud technically. But EB2 will sound sweeter because it has some mid bass presence to balance with the upper midrange emphasis.
So what do you like?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back