Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 24, 2019 at 11:57 PM Post #46,081 of 75,134
So what do you like?
At a similar price range?

Kube v2, DIY PK SR2 and other Docomo type earbuds. Willsound mk2 if you stretch the budget slightly.

Those would be the best budget earbuds I've heard. Although the mk2 can easily be considered a mid priced earbud if you go for the more expensive variants. I think its $30 for a stock wired or mmcx mk2 without cable raising up to around $75+ for the premium versions. The other two buds I mentioned are around $10-20.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2019 at 1:14 AM Post #46,082 of 75,134
Hey, can someone compare the ISN Audio Rambo to the Shozy Cygnus? The Cygnus was the first earbud that I got the "wow' factor because of its mids but I sold it after my cable started getting all greenish - and I kinda regret it. So, in this BF I want to buy an earbud with this shell and Rambo seems pretty cool but I couldn't find much info about it.

Nov 25, 2019 at 6:25 AM Post #46,083 of 75,134
At a similar price range?

Kube v2, DIY PK SR2 and other Docomo type earbuds. Willsound mk2 if you stretch the budget slightly.

Those would be the best budget earbuds I've heard. Although the mk2 can easily be considered a mid priced earbud if you go for the more expensive variants. I think its $30 for a stock wired or mmcx mk2 without cable raising up to around $75+ for the premium versions. The other two buds I mentioned are around $10-20.

Isn't lbb and eb2 just a bit more expensive than the others? I tried a docomo once but it got problems with the cable so I returned it.

Have you heard ann n200?

Also what you think of bk2?

Thanks

Nov 25, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #46,085 of 75,134
Isn't lbb and eb2 just a bit more expensive than the others? I tried a docomo once but it got problems with the cable so I returned it.

Have you heard ann n200?

Also what you think of bk2?

Thanks
I haven't heard those as I have not tried any of the budget earbuds this past 6 months since my Tinnitus has been preventing me from using earbuds much lately but I had most of the popular budget earbuds before that so I'm comparing to anything from emx500/ry4sUE/Vido etc

I think the kube is better balanced throughout the full range than many of those (even if it sounds a bit warm and dark with full foams). It's definitely more of a candidate for modding than a perfect earbud in stock form but its still good as stock, just with some weaknesses like soft treble effecting the detail retreival.

The willsound mk2 is more neutral, slightly V shape but tastefully done. Similar bass to the kube but a little but more mid bassy (imo the kube has slightly better bass linearity) , better detail in the midrange but also slightly more recessed in the vocal range, slightly more treble emphasis too.

The docomo buds are very much for modding, and while the midrange is the highlight in those earbuds, and the sparkly treble, the bass can have some impact if you get the right driver and tuning.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2019 at 9:54 AM Post #46,086 of 75,134
You may be ordering from China even though it is on Amazon. It WILL take longer than most Amazon orders.

Nov 25, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #46,087 of 75,134
I haven't heard those as I have not tried any of the budget earbuds this past 6 months since my Tinnitus has been preventing me from using earbuds much lately

Sorry. I also recently had Tinnitus, I went to the doctor, take pills, I think it began to appear less often. But I still listen to music on the way to work

Nov 25, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #46,088 of 75,134
I haven't heard those as I have not tried any of the budget earbuds this past 6 months since my Tinnitus has been preventing me from using earbuds much lately but I had most of the popular budget earbuds before that so I'm comparing to anything from emx500/ry4sUE/Vido etc

I think the kube is better balanced throughout the full range than many of those (even if it sounds a bit warm and dark with full foams). It's definitely more of a candidate for modding than a perfect earbud in stock form but its still good as stock, just with some weaknesses like soft treble effecting the detail retreival.

The willsound mk2 is more neutral, slightly V shape but tastefully done. Similar bass to the kube but a little but more mid bassy (imo the kube has slightly better bass linearity) , better detail in the midrange but also slightly more recessed in the vocal range, slightly more treble emphasis too.

The docomo buds are very much for modding, and while the midrange is the highlight in those earbuds, and the sparkly treble, the bass can have some impact if you get the right driver and tuning.
Thank you for your explanation. I may need to check the kube v2. Hope your tinnitus heal soon.

Nov 25, 2019 at 12:47 PM Post #46,090 of 75,134
QUOTE="Mhog55, post: 15327037, member: 489125"]Yeah, you're the 2nd person to tell me that. For whatever reason, they dropped the ball on my order. I'll attempt a refund tomorrow, and likely go with the DX5 instead.[/QUOTE]
You could try contacting Sunny at this email address:
sunshine_528023@163.com
She is very helpful!

Nov 25, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #46,091 of 75,134
QUOTE="Mhog55, post: 15327037, member: 489125"]Yeah, you're the 2nd person to tell me that. For whatever reason, they dropped the ball on my order. I'll attempt a refund tomorrow, and likely go with the DX5 instead.
You could try contacting Sunny at this email address:
sunshine_528023@163.com
She is very helpful![/QUOTE]
Very cool. Thank you... Who is Sunny?

Nov 25, 2019 at 2:29 PM Post #46,093 of 75,134
I'd be interested in the Kube buds, but they cost 20usd with the worst economy shipping to my country, doesn't seem a good value for that money plus shipping risks, so I'll skip them unfortunately :/.

I'll be getting the Kbear Knight for review and will be able to compare it to the Nicehck ME80.
Great! Will you get it before black friday? :D Please compare it to Qian69 too if it's possible, as you did in your ME80 review. By the way, how do you like the Fiio BTR1K as USB DAC for Windows? I'm planning to buy one mainly for that purpose, to use it with my laptop and sometimes with my phone. (BT function is just icing on the cake for me) It'll be sold below 40usd on BF if I remember correctly

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #46,094 of 75,134
I'd be interested in the Kube buds, but they cost 20usd with the worst economy shipping to my country, doesn't seem a good value for that money plus shipping risks, so I'll skip them unfortunately :/.

Great! Will you get it before black friday? :D Please compare it to Qian69 too if it's possible, as you did in your ME80 review. By the way, how do you like the Fiio BTR1K as USB DAC for Windows? I'm planning to buy one mainly for that purpose, to use it with my laptop and sometimes with my phone. (BT function is just icing on the cake for me) It'll be sold below 40usd on BF if I remember correctly
Unfortunately I doubt I will get them this week, but I can compare them to the Qian69 as well.
I would not recommend the BTR1K as a USB DAC for Windows because it turns itself off automatically after a very short period of not playing any audio. It's quite irritating to have to hold down the power button every time that happens.

Nov 25, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #46,095 of 75,134
Unfortunately I doubt I will get them this week, but I can compare them to the Qian69 as well.
I would not recommend the BTR1K as a USB DAC for Windows because it turns itself off automatically after a very short period of not playing any audio. It's quite irritating to have to hold down the power button every time that happens.
Hmm, I know this is off topic here, but to keep it short, have you tried adjusting the power settings or usb drivers in windows? Seems like a power setting issue in the OS, like it's putting the usb port to sleep or something like that. There is a dedicated thread here on headfi for BTR products, where Fiio gives official help for problems like this. But how is the sound quality? Anyways, looking forward to your review :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back