Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 17, 2019 at 7:12 AM Post #44,776 of 75,421
Do someone know if Jim (from NiceHCK) is still alive ?
Many messages on aliexpress without any answer now since many weeks..
I believe that Jim is no longer the Jim we all knew in the past and surely been promoted as a commercial or something like that, as he keeps promoting his NiceHCK page everyday with new articles on facebook but now really don't care anymore about their loyal customers for years, sadly :frowning2:
NiceHCK was my favorite store on ali when it cames for support, but without Jim, this is no more "NiceHCK" (at least to me).
I really hope I won't have to not put NiceHCK into my blacklist, like Venture Electronics finished..

If you're "friends" with Jim on Facebook [ https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100011438846290 ], you could try contacting him by Facebook Messenger.

Sep 17, 2019 at 8:00 AM Post #44,777 of 75,421
At work today, listening to my VE Zen 2.0 ZOE, on the VE Pure Blue (Silver) Balanced cable that I modified, by installing angled 0.78mm 2-Pin plugs. It's plugged into my stock Zishan DSD, being used as a USB DAC, and I'm playing some Jazz from the "Relax Cafe Music" YouTube channel.
IMG_20190917_064754.jpg

Sep 17, 2019 at 8:14 AM Post #44,778 of 75,421
I purchased the 32ohm PK2's from the Chitty store and I really like them. The only problem is that the foam pads that came with them aren't really great. Are there any pads that people recommend here for headphones like these?

Sep 17, 2019 at 8:24 AM Post #44,779 of 75,421
Do someone know if Jim (from NiceHCK) is still alive ?
Many messages on aliexpress without any answer now since many weeks..
I believe that Jim is no longer the Jim we all knew in the past and surely been promoted as a commercial or something like that, as he keeps promoting his NiceHCK page everyday with new articles on facebook but now really don't care anymore about their loyal customers for years, sadly :frowning2:
NiceHCK was my favorite store on ali when it cames for support, but without Jim, this is no more "NiceHCK" (at least to me).
I really hope I won't have to not put NiceHCK into my blacklist, like Venture Electronics finished..

My 2nd pair of B40 arrived with the cardboard box badly crushed and its Y-Split dented. Soon after, both drivers failed completely.

They (Jim?) were quite responsive for my case, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed to have them arrange an exchange or replacement.

Sep 17, 2019 at 8:39 AM Post #44,780 of 75,421
Sep 17, 2019 at 10:31 AM Post #44,781 of 75,421
I purchased the 32ohm PK2's from the Chitty store and I really like them. The only problem is that the foam pads that came with them aren't really great. Are there any pads that people recommend here for headphones like these?

What don't you like about the foams that came with them? I recently got an mmcx bud from that store and I really like the foams that came with it, but he seems to not sell them separately... at least not the ones I have.

I have bought quite a few foams from the Trig Rain store on aliexpress. I love all the colors that we can get there and the quality is nice.

Sep 18, 2019 at 4:16 AM Post #44,782 of 75,421
I mailed back the faulty B40 today and NiceHCK was pretty responsive about providing details for the returns an all. I'm not sure if Jim was the one, personally communicating with me, but the cost of shipping them back was almost the price of getting a new pair though.

Sep 18, 2019 at 4:22 AM Post #44,783 of 75,421
I mailed back the faulty B40 today and NiceHCK was pretty responsive about providing details for the returns an all. I'm not sure if Jim was the one, personally communicating with me, but the cost of shipping them back was almost the price of getting a new pair though.

They should not have required you to ship it back. Why would they want a broken one? You need to ask them to give you a voucher for the amount of the shipping. Did they know how much shipping would cost? Maybe they think it is free for you like it is for them. We get free shipping from them because it is free for them

Sep 18, 2019 at 4:28 AM Post #44,784 of 75,421
They should not have required you to ship it back. Why would they want a broken one? You need to ask them to give you a voucher for the amount of the shipping. Did they know how much shipping would cost? Maybe they think it is free for you like it is for them. We get free shipping from them because it is free for them

I did casually bring up the cost to them but I guess they conveniently avoided my mention.

Back then I remembered returning a faulty pair of EB2 before they would ship me a replacement. Company RMA protocol I presume?

Sep 18, 2019 at 5:54 AM Post #44,785 of 75,421
I did casually bring up the cost to them but I guess they conveniently avoided my mention.

Back then I remembered returning a faulty pair of EB2 before they would ship me a replacement. Company RMA protocol I presume?

I think you have to insist... indicate that you will need to raise a dispute with aliexpress. The only problem with doing that in this case, is no one else sells the B40. Ask them to give you a coupon for your next purchase to make up for the shipping. I wonder how long it will take to get to them.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #44,787 of 75,421
What don't you like about the foams that came with them? I recently got an mmcx bud from that store and I really like the foams that came with it, but he seems to not sell them separately... at least not the ones I have.

I have bought quite a few foams from the Trig Rain store on aliexpress. I love all the colors that we can get there and the quality is nice.
IT's not that I don't like them but I kept trying to put them on and they kept ripping. I'm sure it was a result of me not being gentle enough but I had never experienced anything like that before and just felt like they were cheap.

Sep 18, 2019 at 8:34 AM Post #44,788 of 75,421
There are three different drivers used in that listing. The one you got is the PK2 driver. The 16 ohm one is the SR2 driver. The 150 ohm is something else. All will sound different and to be honest, I think all will sound good. We have the ones with the SR2 drivers and love them.. but they do need a lot of burn in.

That is a good store... it is where my husband @HungryPanda buys a lot of his supplies for making his own buds (which are excellent... but just a hobby for us... not for sale). He has made buds for us using the 32 ohm PK drivers from that store and they are excellent. He has also used the 150ohm drivers and those buds turned out well also.

I think you will be happy,.... but I foresee others in your future as well:)

Not a knock off or fake. DIY means that he made them himself.. or had someone do it. It is his creation... so not meant to be a fake of anything. He uses good drivers and tunes them to sound good to him... and hopefully to his customers.
Would you happen to be able to speak on the sound differences between the PK2 and the SR2, assuming both have gone through the 100 hours of burn in? Like is one cleaner than the other or does one do lows better than the other? Also how does the ohm difference between the two affect the experience for the user? As a bit of reference I purchased the PK2's and think they sound great.
Thanks for entertaining my noob questions :)

Sep 18, 2019 at 8:36 AM Post #44,789 of 75,421
IT's not that I don't like them but I kept trying to put them on and they kept ripping. I'm sure it was a result of me not being gentle enough but I had never experienced anything like that before and just felt like they were cheap.

You will have to be gentle with any of them. Those were actually very nice ones. You have to stretch them little by little evenly all the way around. You will think you have one part over the shell and it will pop off again. After a few times you cry and try some more:) Finally it works. It would help to have 20 tiny finger. It takes me between 5 and 20 minutes per side to get them on.

How many buds have you put foams on so far?

Would you happen to be able to speak on the sound differences between the PK2 and the SR2, assuming both have gone through the 100 hours of burn in? Like is one cleaner than the other or does one do lows better than the other? Also how does the ohm difference between the two affect the experience for the user? As a bit of reference I purchased the PK2's and think they sound great.
Thanks for entertaining my noob questions :)

I am not good at that kind of comparison... and the answer might vary from listener to listener anyway. I cannot assume you will hear these the same as I do.

I know there are others who will answer this better:)

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #44,790 of 75,421

Users who are viewing this thread

Back