Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 25, 2019 at 11:28 PM Post #44,221 of 75,869
Well, now I'm fixated on having removable cables. If I can run something balanced, I'm gonna do so. That should narrow our scope down a bit. Looking at Penons website, I see a few others. Maybe some people can chime in on some of the various Toneking offerings, the Ourart ACG and Ti7 - The Paiaudio PRK1, and the Rose Masya / Pro. Are any of these better than the Smabat?

The ACG (and TI7 reportedly) have great mids/highs but lack bass. Probably not best for your use.

Some of the tonekings may be good, @HungryPanda hopefully will chime in as he has some iirc.

I'd search on the Rose Masya/pro. They had some problems with their 3d printed shells from what I recall.

Back to the ST-10, it has the same 16.8mm o.d. the mx500 shell's have and should use silicone wings meant for earbuds with no issues. The bass will be minimal unless you are fortunate enough to get a great seal with no foams.

Aug 25, 2019 at 11:51 PM Post #44,223 of 75,869
The ACG (and TI7 reportedly) have great mids/highs but lack bass. Probably not best for your use.

Some of the tonekings may be good, @HungryPanda hopefully will chime in as he has some iirc.

I'd search on the Rose Masya/pro. They had some problems with their 3d printed shells from what I recall.

Back to the ST-10, it has the same 16.8mm o.d. the mx500 shell's have and should use silicone wings meant for earbuds with no issues. The bass will be minimal unless you are fortunate enough to get a great seal with no foams.
Copy that

Aug 26, 2019 at 2:54 AM Post #44,224 of 75,869
The BBB v2 is unique , definitely Audiophile basshead in an earbud form , powerful and clean without distortion, mids are warm and natural as well as treble. Big soundstage and black background. Totally worth the money and they should be selling like hotcakes imho

I really dislike his shilling and these exaggerated descriptions of his earbuds with "audiophile" slangs that tell nothing at all; from the pages that I read to get updated, every person asking for a recommendation gets his earbuds shoved down their throat. This needs to stop

Aug 26, 2019 at 3:06 AM Post #44,225 of 75,869
So I went to the flea market this weekend and look what I found
59W3ZFY
Zyrn9Sx.jpg
, have to say they sound very good and are pretty much the sound signature that I am looking for, everything is so balanced and feels right, the only lacking thing is bass despite the fact that they have a frequency range of 8-25hz.

Aug 26, 2019 at 3:50 AM Post #44,227 of 75,869
I really dislike his shilling and these exaggerated descriptions of his earbuds with "audiophile" slangs that tell nothing at all; from the pages that I read to get updated, every person asking for a recommendation gets his earbuds shoved down their throat. This needs to stop

Time to be that guy again... it actually goes against the Terms of User for 'members of the trade' to recommend their products on the forums or in private messages.
It's definitely a reportable offence.

Aug 26, 2019 at 5:34 AM Post #44,228 of 75,869
Smabat ST-10 would be a good earbud to get
Can someone measure the size of the Smabat ST-10 buds, and how it compares with Yuin shells (that are 16,1mm I think) ?

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2019 at 6:57 AM Post #44,229 of 75,869
The new Fukubukuro appeared on sale. Will someone risk it?

Aug 26, 2019 at 8:38 AM Post #44,231 of 75,869
What’s inside nicehck lucky bag this time lemao

Jim NiceHCK: Hi, old friends,
Only need $7.99(no mic)/$8.99(with mic)/:000, a new amazing earbud is coming, for AliExpress august BIG SALE lucky bag.

Mr ClieOS of the Head-fi Forum is an expert in terms of earbuds.
He gave us a lot of tuning advice for this earbud.
And he believes that this earbud can be priced up to US $28/:015
But in order to provide our old customers with the most cost-effective product, we are finally pricing at US $7.99!!!
This a super cost-effective earbud, especially the sound is amazing.
*Please note, the shape of this earbud is different from MX500.
For those who prefer earbuds, this is a product cannot be missed.
At the price of $7.99, this earbud have almost no opponents.

You can buy it from here ↓
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000120453244.html?spm=2114.12010615.8148356.1.b2e34702ncRtZd

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2019 at 8:43 AM Post #44,234 of 75,869
A message from Jim NiceHCK says that this lucky bag has earbuds tuned with ClieOS. :gs1000smile:

To be honest you cant do that much "tuning" on an earbud. Yeah sure you can cover ports and what not but at the end of the day the soun is 90% the same. I have found by experimenting with different new and vintage drivers that what matters the most is the driver...and you cant tune that after its made. The whole "we special tuned the driver" thing is just a marketing ploy.

The only exceptional driver I saw and one that I can say is "tuned" is the custom made ZoomFred drivers , handmade from scratch. Got pictures of him literally winding the voice coil

Users who are viewing this thread

Back