Earbuds Round-Up
May 13, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #42,046 of 75,355
I guess you can still find them. Ebay and I also saw on AE: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/FOR...html?spm=2114.11010108.10001.5.650c649btyudYF. But the one I had was not with mic so hope this one sounds exactly like that.

There are boats' load of fake Apple iBuds out there, just so everyone knows.

Buyer beware: I bought these ones a month or so back. Do. Not. Buy.

Do they only function properly off of Apple products or something? Wow, they are bad (no bass, thin, hollow, bad sound).

It's similar to when I plug in a mic'd jack (TTRS) into a TRS jack that doesn't handle it - the sound is hollow/bad. But I tried it in quite a few daps etc, and the problem is persistent, so I have my doubts about that being the problem. I haven't tried plugging it into an Apple product, but again, I have my doubts.

My guess is that they are very bad fakes, or else there is something wrong with this particular unit.

May 13, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #42,047 of 75,355
Picked up this DIY Docomo on AliExpress. It is not a review unit, I tried but the seller never replied to me. I bought it anyways. (I'm not including the link to the product, as I don't post that much anymore and I am not sure if we are allowed to post up links to AliExpress.)

EDIT: I'm adding the link, but please let me know if this violates any polices before you delete this post.

www.aliexpress.com/item/DIY-PK2-earphone-16ohms-32ohms/32237685233.html

*Item description says PK2, but it is clearly a Docomo.

Front.jpg

They had versions with mics and versions like the one I got that don't. I asked that they put on a black 3.5mm plug (instead of the silver as shown), again they did not reply, but they did complete my request. Also, they did come with a case and some black foam covers. I added the pink and white covers that I had already. Thought it looked better that way.

Back.jpg

The build is very good. The cable is a bit stiff and has some microphonics. Not great for use on the go, but stationary at a desk, the are just fine. The sound is 100% Docomo! I still can't get over the sub-bass, it is phenomenal. Highs are crisp and true. Mids are decent, but I would not say this are for vocal lovers. I was listening to [Bassnectar - After Thought] and my mouth almost hit the floor with the booming lows... So awesome.

Side.jpg

Last edited:
May 13, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #42,048 of 75,355
Picked up this DIY Docomo on AliExpress. It is not a review unit, I tried but the seller never replied to me. I bought it anyways. (I'm not including the link to the product, as I don't post that much anymore and I am not sure if we are allowed to post up links to AliExpress.)

Front.jpg

They had versions with mics and versions like the one I got that don't. I asked that they put on a black 3.5mm plug (instead of the silver as shown), again they did not reply, but they did complete my request. Also, they did come with a case and some black foam covers. I added the pink and white covers that I had already. Thought it looked better that way.

Back.jpg

The build is very good. The cable is a bit stiff and has some microphonics. Not great for use on the go, but stationary at a desk, the are just fine. The sound is 100% Docomo! I still can't get over the sub-bass, it is phenomenal. Highs are crisp and true. Mids are decent, but I would not say this are for vocal lovers. I was listening to [Bassnectar - After Thought] and my mouth almost hit the floor with the booming lows... So awesome.

Side.jpg

Intriguing (and nice pics)! I tried a search on Aliexpress but can't find them. Feel free to provide the link (just delete all of the stuff after ".html"). Thanks!

May 13, 2019 at 5:00 PM Post #42,049 of 75,355
May 13, 2019 at 6:39 PM Post #42,052 of 75,355
Also depends on source. You'll need a good one for a 600ohm bud but the st-10 works fine from any mobile.
Lol, the unique thing that I have to say is that I enjoy my K600 more than my HE400i many times.

May 13, 2019 at 7:36 PM Post #42,055 of 75,355
Buyer beware: I bought these ones a month or so back. Do. Not. Buy.

Do they only function properly off of Apple products or something? Wow, they are bad (no bass, thin, hollow, bad sound).

It's similar to when I plug in a mic'd jack (TTRS) into a TRS jack that doesn't handle it - the sound is hollow/bad. But I tried it in quite a few daps etc, and the problem is persistent, so I have my doubts about that being the problem. I haven't tried plugging it into an Apple product, but again, I have my doubts.

My guess is that they are very bad fakes, or else there is something wrong with this particular unit.

My 15 year old daughter has an iPhone (with a headphone jack even!). I asked her spark up a song and let me try the buds on her phone. Holy Hannah bad!

I wasn't sure about the song either, so I instead tried with the ANN's, and wow, immensely better, AND the song suddenly sounds rather cool!

May 13, 2019 at 8:08 PM Post #42,056 of 75,355
Marcos, did you received your Sabia's already? I received mine today, I tried just a little bit, but I'll got more time on weekend.
Not yet :frowning2: Missing it too much! But K600 and KDE250 are both good toys :)

May 14, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #42,058 of 75,355

EDIT: I'm adding the link, but please let me know if this violates any polices before you delete this post.

www.aliexpress.com/item/DIY-PK2-earphone-16ohms-32ohms/32237685233.html

*Item description says PK2, but it is clearly a Docomo.

Front.jpg

Back.jpg

Side.jpg

Looks like the seller says "PK2" because of the grid (as both PK1/PK2 shares the exact same grid).
I'm a bit surprised because it looks like 100% identical to good PK2 drivers we can find very easily on aliexpress. And to me, those drivers in Yuin shells sound is OK but there is definitely better alternatives.
Looks like in Docomo shells those drivers sound much better then?
Maybe I will give a try.. :) (as I dont have any docomo shell style yet in my collection)
Thanks for sharing

May 14, 2019 at 10:20 AM Post #42,059 of 75,355
Last edited:
May 14, 2019 at 11:58 AM Post #42,060 of 75,355
IMG_20190514_175626.jpg Not had a chance to listen yet but I have just retrieved a package: inside DQSM Pandas and Yincrow rw-100. Yay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back