Earbuds Round-Up
May 10, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #42,016 of 75,451
They are both really good, the Sabia V6 pearl I have is not available but the Kube V1 is still out there. I prefer Kube V2 over it.
I ordered the standard Sabia but received the Pearl. It's nice, currently I would put it above the Kube v1 and RW-9 but below the SR2 and Fengru Silver.

May 10, 2019 at 2:40 PM Post #42,017 of 75,451
Have been listening to sabia v6 and kube v1 since receiving them a couple of days ago. Sabia v6 is good but kube v1 is amazing. Is it me, or anyone else feel the same

Yeah they are stunning.....love V2 also for the extra wide/deep soundstage!

They are both really good, the Sabia V6 pearl I have is not available but the Kube V1 is still out there. I prefer Kube V2 over it.

I ordered the standard Sabia but received the Pearl. It's nice, currently I would put it above the Kube v1 and RW-9 but below the SR2 and Fengru Silver.

This is why everyone should order all of them!

And don't forget about the ANN N200's - they rock as well :)

May 10, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #42,019 of 75,451
This is why everyone should order all of them!

And don't forget about the ANN N200's - they rock as well :)

That is why I just ordered a spare ANN200.. with the copper cable. I believe that the orange Kube V1 that the Royal Mail accidentally sent back to the seller will be included in the package... along with a few other things we ordered. Panda will be getting one of the Faaeal Original Batch (I already have one) and a Dunu E10. We will each be getting a Moondrop Shiro-Yuki. Really excited to try those.

May 10, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #42,020 of 75,451
Yes Wayne how could I forget them

Well, you do have more than just a couple of earbuds, so it's understandable :)

That is why I just ordered a spare ANN200.. with the copper cable. I believe that the orange Kube V1 that the Royal Mail accidentally sent back to the seller will be included in the package... along with a few other things we ordered. Panda will be getting one of the Faaeal Original Batch (I already have one) and a Dunu E10. We will each be getting a Moondrop Shiro-Yuki. Really excited to try those.

Awesome on all counts!

May 10, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #42,022 of 75,451
Does anyone here have experience with the DUNU Alpha 1s?

The unique shape/configuration possibilities is intriguing me, would love to hear if anyone have impressions.

EDIT: Or maybe I'm just getting impatient waiting for my AliExpress shipment to come in....
I have them. Here are my brief impressions:

Good: Fantastic highs, excellent imaging etc, good 3D soundstage, very comfortable, superbly built
Bad: Huge spike from 1k-4k hz (needs EQ), strange pulsing during some tracks

I bought them because the DD/BA hybrid intrigued me, and because the price was very low (£30) for what was once a $150 earbud. I'm glad to have them for some tracks where they are superb, but they don't make good all-rounders. I got mine from here:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00RVZKDYA/ref=pe_3187911_189395841_TE_3p_dp_1

Here is a picture of the BAs at the front. They fit very well:

DUNU-ALPHA1-ALPHA-1-A1-Hybrid-Earhuds.jpg

Last edited:
May 10, 2019 at 5:09 PM Post #42,024 of 75,451
dx100+ST10
Very good setup))

One owner of st-10 told me - there is no difference for st-10 if cable changed. Is it true?
I really tired of cable hustle...so do not want to wasted my time if result is not obvious. I know, a lot depends on cable itself, as each one has its own signature and texture of sound. But what are result of recabling for some owners of st-10 here?

P.s: I recabled to200, ti7, yinman 600 and for those earbuds changing cable from stock was a must.

IMG_20190510_214434.jpg

May 10, 2019 at 10:19 PM Post #42,025 of 75,451
Does anyone here have experience with the DUNU Alpha 1s?.

These are huge. Unless you have really big outer ears, fit will be a major issue. But if you can get a good fit, it is actually quite good sounding.

dx100+ST10
Very good setup))

One owner of st-10 told me - there is no difference for st-10 if cable changed. Is it true?
I really tired of cable hustle...so do not want to wasted my time if result is not obvious. I know, a lot depends on cable itself, as each one has its own signature and texture of sound. But what are result of recabling for some owners of st-10 here?

P.s: I recabled to200, ti7, yinman 600 and for those earbuds changing cable from stock was a must.

I personally mostly stick to SPOCC with the ST-10, mostly because I don't like the stock cable and I use it with EarStudio ES100 (which a shorter cable works much better). There are reports on Erji.net that silver cable works very well with ST-10 - in any case, it is MMCX connection so you get to swap cable easily. It is not like you need to take it apart, so what's the downside?

May 11, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #42,029 of 75,451
Keep rounding-up all dem vintage buds...
Posting these up because they haven't been mentioned in the thread yet.

JVC HA-F105 (~1986)

_DSC6371.jpg _DSC6372.jpg _DSC6373.jpg _DSC6378.jpg _DSC6385.jpg _DSC6388.jpg _DSC6394.jpg _DSC6398.jpg _DSC6402.jpg

Love the 80's black and gold style from top-tier JVC/Victor :3

_DSC6406.jpg

May 11, 2019 at 11:02 AM Post #42,030 of 75,451
so what's the downside?
the downside is where and how to find the cable which will be the best for the price (how much to spend is another issue, as even 100$ is imho does not worth to be spent for that in the end) and which will work well with st-10 in terms of comfort))
the search itself is a huge issue, as upgrade cable can be of not justifying the price for upgraded sound in comparison with stock version of sound and in general.
Definitely, few cables are required in order to choose, at least, the most working for the one who is searching in his certain conditions.

Cables in headphones, probably, are the most vulnerable part of it and requires lots of hustle...

any recommendations for specific one?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back