Earbuds Round-Up
Feb 22, 2019 at 8:33 PM Post #40,321 of 75,343
Got some of those but they are really brittle. I usually end up tearing a couple of them trying to put them on, and I have no issues putting donuts on. They sound great though and I generally use them on emx500, and Monk+.

Heigi donuts though. Love those! They are thick and strong. Last a long time too. I don't think I could love EBX without them.

I am using red and blue of this shop, but they are thicker and durable than Heigi 's Dounuts so there is no problem at all.
You can see if you see the number of feedback and the score of 5.0.
Did not you give feedback with a bad score?

Moreover, since Heigi's are only white and black, white's dirt is conspicuously so they are hard to use.

I think you have misunderstood something, or happened to be a defective product.
Or maybe you owe something to Heigi?:ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2019 at 9:02 PM Post #40,322 of 75,343
Hi guys I’m looking for some decent budget mmcx cables 3.5mm and 2.5mm without over ear heat shrink, memory wire, or ear hooks. Can anyone please point me in the right direction? Sub 20 dollars would be preferred :)

Got some willsound mmcx buds on the way and currently in preparation mode, I have cables but they are either too heavy braided and some I rather not mod them for this use case.

Feb 22, 2019 at 9:15 PM Post #40,323 of 75,343
Hi guys I’m looking for some decent budget mmcx cables 3.5mm and 2.5mm without over ear heat shrink, memory wire, or ear hooks. Can anyone please point me in the right direction? Sub 20 dollars would be preferred :)

Got some willsound mmcx buds on the way and currently in preparation mode, I have cables but they are either too heavy braided and some I rather not mod them for this use case.

There are a lot of cables available on AliExpress.

I've purchased good, budget priced MMCX cables from Venture Electronics - https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1924356
NiceHCK - https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1825606
and Luna Shops - https://www.aliexpress.com/store/319162

Feb 22, 2019 at 9:45 PM Post #40,325 of 75,343
I am using red and blue of this shop, but they are thicker and durable than Heigi 's Dounuts so there is no problem at all.
You can see if you see the number of feedback and the score of 5.0.
Did not you give feedback with a bad score?

Moreover, since Heigi's are only white and black, white's dirt is conspicuously so they are hard to use.

I think you have misunderstood something, or happened to be a defective product.
Or maybe you owe something to Heigi?:ksc75smile:

Yes I love heigis, and yes white does dirty, but I have quite a bit of those red and blues, and find they tear easily. Not knocking them. I like them very much and use them all the time. I guess I was just mentioning it because you brought them up. It is possible that they were a different batch.

Anyway Rock On!

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2019 at 9:59 PM Post #40,326 of 75,343
Feb 23, 2019 at 1:06 AM Post #40,331 of 75,343
Thanks @DBaldock9 @assassin10000 @BadReligionPunk for the recommendations I’ll do some research from here, was also looking at TRN cables but I was just having trouble finding them without ear hooks.

No problem.

There is also memory wire ear hooks and non-memory wire ear hooks to consider as well. I actually like the non-memory wire ear hooks on thinner wire cables. It's a smoother feel around the ear itself. Plus they can typically be warmed up with a heat gun or hair dryer and shaped to your ears. After that they spring back to that shape, making them very convenient and more comfortable than the wired ones. For over the ear use.

Worse case scenario if you can't find something sans hooks, you can possibly peel them off.

Edit: I recently came across these. They look like the PT15 cable...
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...or-Shure-SE535-SE846/1825606_32815575381.html

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2019 at 3:07 AM Post #40,335 of 75,343
Maybe it was me then. I also bought a 2.5 balanced Black Ling yesterday from an eBay seller in Indonesia.

He must have made quite a bit from the community. I was wondering who might have bought that piece as the price was relatively good.

I still have a pair of Kube V1 and Elibuds Pearl coming, after I received my Liebesleid from him. A really responsive and helpful seller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back