Earbuds Round-Up
Feb 22, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #40,292 of 75,149
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/FAA...arbuds-Commemorative-Edition/32966966924.html
This SL 1.0+ CE cable is 5N OFC core! The old 1.0+ is silver-plated 5N OFC :smile_phones: Old 1.0+ have more detail and better soundstage. CE are still excellent :smile_phones:

knFCWYK.jpg

Feb 22, 2019 at 11:24 AM Post #40,293 of 75,149
i stick to the mifo and sabbat (really good true wireless earbuds in my book) for now as i think their price to performance are at happy medium. i use them both even more often than my more expensive TWS.

Are you still using the ES100?

I'm having too much fun using it (and all of my wired buds) so the jump to wireless buds is not pressing for me. Still, I'm interested, as I do enjoy the wireless headphones that I have (I have also been surprised by their sound quality, even though they are cheapos).

The Sabbat X12 pro is an iem though, correct?:
https://www.amazon.ca/OKCSC-Bluetooth-Waterproof-Headphones-Microphone/dp/B07FMY89RL

Is the mifo an iem or an earbud?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/FAA...arbuds-Commemorative-Edition/32966966924.html
This SL 1.0+ CE cable is 5N OFC core! The old 1.0+ is silver-plated 5N OFC :smile_phones: Old 1.0+ have more detail and better soundstage. CE are still excellent :smile_phones:

knFCWYK.jpg

Maybe it's just me, but I have tended to find that yes, "silver plated" cables seem to bring out more details, but that they also seem to brighten things up a notch more than I like. Which makes me wonder if I'd prefer the CE version over the others.

Regardless, thanks for that info!

Feb 22, 2019 at 11:28 AM Post #40,294 of 75,149
Last edited:
Feb 22, 2019 at 11:44 AM Post #40,295 of 75,149
Maybe it's just me, but I have tended to find that yes, "silver plated" cables seem to bring out more details, but that they also seem to brighten things up a notch more than I like. Which makes me wonder if I'd prefer the CE version over the others.

I began to doubt when my friend told me the CE version sound slightly different from the old so I bought 2 pairs, checked the cable and I found the CE's cable was actually not silver-plated :smile_phones: I contacted the shop and they confirmed it. But nevermind, CE version are still excellent earbuds :ksc75smile:

Feb 22, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #40,296 of 75,149
Feb 22, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #40,297 of 75,149
They are sitting in my shopping cart waiting for the v1 to become available so I can reduce shipping costs.

Yup, good plan. You definitely do also want the v1.

Feb 22, 2019 at 12:08 PM Post #40,298 of 75,149
Feb 22, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #40,299 of 75,149
Already got one, need a spare. Do keep up! :wink:

Lol! I thought that might be the case, but was too lazy to check. And, I knew you'd correct me if I had that wrong :)

Feb 22, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #40,300 of 75,149
Are you still using the ES100?

I'm having too much fun using it (and all of my wired buds) so the jump to wireless buds is not pressing for me. Still, I'm interested, as I do enjoy the wireless headphones that I have (I have also been surprised by their sound quality, even though they are cheapos).

The Sabbat X12 pro is an iem though, correct?:
https://www.amazon.ca/OKCSC-Bluetooth-Waterproof-Headphones-Microphone/dp/B07FMY89RL

Is the mifo an iem or an earbud?

Got my 1.0+CE yesterday. They are very very good. Right up there with the RY4S UE...maybe a notch above. They are plenty bright to my ears - very open and full sounding. Definitely brighter than the SL1.0. The cable is really nice too...

Feb 22, 2019 at 1:49 PM Post #40,301 of 75,149
Got my 1.0+CE yesterday. They are very very good. Right up there with the RY4S UE...maybe a notch above. They are plenty bright to my ears - very open and full sounding. Definitely brighter than the SL1.0. The cable is really nice too...

Excellent. Do you find that they are overall smoother than the RY4S's?

Feb 22, 2019 at 2:13 PM Post #40,302 of 75,149
Excellent. Do you find that they are overall smoother than the RY4S's?

Than the standard RY4S? Yes. None of the mid harshness of those. I like the RY4S a lot actually (for the price they are amazing), but above a certain volume they do get pretty harsh. The RY4SUE otoh is a very nice bud and not harsh. However, I think I would say the SL1.0CE is maybe a tad smoother than those as well. They are quite similar though...

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2019 at 3:11 PM Post #40,303 of 75,149
Than the standard RY4S? Yes. None of the mid harshness of those. I like the RY4S a lot actually (for the price they are amazing), but above a certain volume they do get pretty harsh. The RY4SUE otoh is a very nice bud and not harsh. However, I think I would say the SL1.0CE is maybe a tad smoother than those as well. They are quite similar though...

Sorry, I was referring to the UE version. A lot of these buds are quite similar though aren't they. Which means that they are all very good!

I do go a bit insane though when I try to discern the differences lol.

Feb 22, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #40,304 of 75,149
I do go a bit insane though when I try to discern the differences lol.

If try to discern the differences I forget and just accidentally end up enjoying my music with whatever is in my ears (or on my head).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back