1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Earbuds Round-Up

1. RobinFood
    Yes, indeed. The MK2 is still my most used earbud...but it has seen better days.

You compare it to an Ety, but does it have the data retrieval and naturalness of an Ety, or is it just as close as it gets?
    I've been itching to get it for a while, but just can't bring myself to commit to buying it...

Matarro likes this.
  2. exavolt
    Okay. Never trust your memories on audio. I remembered Kube's bass as punchy, but after A-B-ing with SL1+, Kube's bass sounds bloated and less defined. Both are warm with Kube has more bass quantity, while SL1+ is more balanced. Kube also has lots of reverbs.

3. nickv
    I'm wondering what the deal is with ordering the Willsound MK2. Can I just approach him for a standard pair or do you have to wait for a MK2 to become available via one of his Facebook posts?

4. jibberish
    I ordered mine here: http://www.rholupat.com/willsound-mk2.html

nickv likes this.
  5. Matarro
    You can order the regular ones on Rholupat but the MMCX and special editions are via Willy's facebook. I wanted mmcx buds and a custom length cable so I asked him about that on messenger.

nickv likes this.
  6. mochill
    I see moondrop has a silver cable nameless now , who has ordered it.

7. palestofwhite
    The silver cables are similar to those on the Liebesleid and NICEHCK EB2...

8. mochill
    Does it sound different?

9. palestofwhite
    I'm not sure about the Nameless, but the Liebesleid does sound different from the EB2...

10. subwoof3r
    Did you swapped cables between both earbuds to confirm what you are saying? :)

11. palestofwhite
    And... I'm out!

golov17, subwoof3r and mbwilson111 like this.
  12. CasstardPie
    I just bought this beautiful leather pouch! And I got these buds free i guess 20190221_000739.jpg

13. EarlytoBed
    I'm overwhelmed, too much! So.. I have to start somewhere. Would you help me choose a pair?

Looking for 8€ earbuds in aliexpress:
    -Faaeal snow lotus 1.0 64Ω
    -DIY EMX500
    -K's 64Ω
    -Yincrow X6

Or these for 15€
    -Yincrow RW-9
    -Toneking TP16

14. HungryPanda
    K's 64.......

EarlytoBed likes this.
  15. Ira Delphic
    If you only care about getting a good sounding earbud with sufficent bass and decent treble and mids, get a Vido for $2 (there are links in earlier posts. I can post later if you can't find the link). The cable is kind of thin and the plug typical - cheap. They are pretty amazing, the best value IMO of any earbud. Many of us get more than one, since occationally there are bad ones.

I have the SL 1.0+ CE, which is not available for sale at the moment. I haven't used a SL 1.0 so can't comment.

I hate to sound like a broken record, the Yincrow x6 is basically a Vido with nicer plug and cable. I have one and it's a nice earbud. But you can do better for not much more.

If you are the kind of person that will be happy with one earbud, some here really love the Yincrow RW-9 and it appears to have nice build components for the price US$17 from Ali the last time I checked. I have a few incoming based on comments by people here.

You really can't go wrong with anything on your list. If you're looking for a specific sound, or use mostly for one genre of music, let us know.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019