1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Earbuds Round-Up

1. Ira Delphic
    My point was, in addition to v shaped earbuds, not a bad idea to have balanced sounding earbuds to hear the music as the sound mixer and audio engineers intended. Of course the best way to accomplish this would be by using and over ear monitor headphones. I assume many of us would rather skip EQ.

Sorry, v shaped wasn't mentioned. Just interesting how music on the high end is produced these days.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  2. waynes world
    You might find this video interesting:

The TRUTH Why Modern Music Is Awful

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    ValSilva, Ira Delphic and j4100 like this.
  3. purplesun
    Similarly, I happen to read this in The New York Times (of all places)
    TLDR: Dynamic range ain't what it used to be!
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/07/...my-songs-tell-us-about-the-loudness-wars.html

Now, let's get back on topic with mics and earbuds. :)

Ira Delphic likes this.
  4. exavolt
    WillSound PK16 is surprisingly good. OOTB with attached foams, its bass is pretty uncontrolled and bleeds a lot. After letting it burn in for few hours, and applied tape mod by blocking the larger vent on each side, the bass is more controlled. And I like it without foams.

Pretty forward upper-mids / lower treble, big roll-off at the bass (almost no subs, no energy from the mid / upper bass); just like ACG with full Hiegi foams. PK16's clarity and imaging are pretty good but ACG has an edge on both. ACG also provides more extended treble and more treble quantity.

PK16 is simply good, but it's not for those who are looking for some bass.

5. Ira Delphic
    I see you have the WillSound PK16, Faaeal Snow Lotus 1 / 1+, and Kube V1. How to they compare? I'm most curious about SL 1.0+ vs. Kube v1.

6. chinmie
    :dt880smile:
    i personally think that the PK16 is similar and an upgrade to the PT15 sound. also it is the closest to etymotic sound in earbuds form that i know/heard to this day. i use full hiegi foams on my PK16

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    exavolt, Ira Delphic and chellity like this.
  7. assassin10000
    I've been contemplating getting a pk shell earbud. Anyone heard both the willsound pk16 & pk32?

I really like the ACG mids/highs, bass is ok w/eq.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  8. B9Scrambler
    The new MMCX equipped Lyra model will be dropping soon and I've been lucky enough to receive an early look at it. Anyone interested can check out some first impressions here: https://thecontraptionist.blog/2019/02/19/astrotec-lyra-nature-preview/

IMG_5951.JPG

I have yet to be provided any definitive information on pricing or the release date as of yet, but I suspect they'll be revealing that soon since they've clearly got retail models ready. Impressions are positive though. They have a reasonably energetic signature with some added warmth in the low end. Bass extends really well, treble seems a bit rolled off after 14k, and the mids are plenty full and detailed. So far it's been a great all-rounder and plays well with my preferred genres (Liquid d'n'b, classic rock, and metal).

9. jogawag
    doggiemom likes this.
  10. exavolt
    I'll be back to you for the SL after I back home. PK16 and Kube V1 are complete opposite: PK16 is more about upper range and Kube is more about lower range. Kube's bass is very delicious, right amount of subs, tight punchy mid/upper-bass. Wish I could make a dual-driver with PK16 / ACG as the upper range and Kube for the lower range.

Ira Delphic likes this.
  11. exavolt
  12. palestofwhite
    Just received my Moondrop Liebesleid and out of the box, these are surely TOTL sounding! Really clear and impressive presentation with my Jazz playlist. I really like them.

Now to burn them in for 100 hours as stated in the documents...

chinmie and RobinFood like this.
  13. mbwilson111
    I am confused. In your first statement did you mean to say PK16 or are you in fact comparing the TP16 to the etymotic sound?

14. chinmie
    oo darn it, i meant the Willsound PK16 :o2smile::o2smile:

thank you for pointing it out. I'll edit the post so it won't confuse others

mbwilson111 likes this.
  15. Matarro
    I got my WillSounds yesterday and I must say that the MK2 is worthy of the hype. Instant favorite! It's warm sounding like I prefer but still not lacking in any other area. Everything is there and in enough quantity for my liking although I guess that comes down to preference. Treble heads might find them a bit dark maybe.

I'll check the MK1 out if I can ever put the MK2 away, but it might be a while! :D

HungryPanda and RobinFood like this.