1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Earbuds Round-Up

1. HungryPanda
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
    subwoof3r and NymPHONOmaniac like this.
  2. NymPHONOmaniac
    Never have problem with them and even soldered 2 times my first clumsy project....but its true that buying ins small lot can cost less (but earbuds shell can be costy too)....plan to try one of these lot soon....but WAIT!

Panda, did the fengru drivers are Fengru silver one???

3. seanc6441
    They are also 15.6mm rather than the standard 15.4mm driver size. They are the only mx500 driver I tried that would not fit in the metal covers I bought.

4. seanc6441
    Does anyone know the most effective way to remove glue from earbuds (trying to open covers on some metal shell earbuds).

I heard someone mention glue dissolver once but not sure with type or product to look for.

Thanks if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great!

drey101 and rahmish like this.
  5. HungryPanda
    I'm not sure but I made a few earbuds with these ones and they do sound good

NymPHONOmaniac likes this.
  6. HungryPanda
  7. NymPHONOmaniac
    Okay nice, did you prefer them to the eMX500 drivers?

About shell, I would like finding bigger-thicker one, like a plastic EBX or the Agptek I share here, im curious about soundstage potential of such shell with the different drivers.

8. HungryPanda
    subwoof3r and DBaldock9 like this.
  9. Ira Delphic
    I don't mod. I always assumed you guys used a heat gun to melt the glue. If not, I'm sure you have your reasons.

mbwilson111 likes this.
  10. mbwilson111
    I have seen people mention heat guns.

DBaldock9 likes this.
  11. subwoof3r
    The first link is the drivers I currently use for my EMX500 mods, and they just sound fantastic. They answers perfectly to my many mod tries, yet.
    Did you tried the ones from your second link? if yes, how does they sound compared to the first link ? could be interested
    I also tried these EMX500 drivers that I use too and they sound very good too (just need some bass reflex in the shells (which I did) to sound close to perfection).

You are right about Vido drivers, when I made my color and cables swap for them I had a little surprise in one driver, I faced voice coil, so I had to be extremely careful but everything was working perfectly back :)
    I think I'm one of those rare guys to not really like Vido sound, which I find way too much "darky" and too much V-pronounced for my taste :frowning2:

drey101 and HungryPanda like this.
  12. seanc6441
    Risk to damaging the driver. If it's hot enough to melt glue it could damage the thin plastic membrane. And metal being so conductive of heat makes it diffilcult to work with. I tried touching asoldering iron against the shell and it got very hot but didn't seem to do the trick.

Ideally I'd like to dissolve the glue enough to pry it open. I remember someone mentioned it before but I cannot seem to find it in the thread.

It's for my Ks black ling, i got the first cover open easier, but the other side is proving very difficult.

13. HungryPanda
    I use a thin knife or some tools I got for opening phones and tablets

drey101 likes this.
  14. alias71
    Can you recommend a 2.5mm balanced cable for the VE Zen 2.0 Omega Edition more flexible than the standard VE Oyaide cable?
    Thanks!

15. golov17
    Venture Electronics VE Basic 0.78 2pin to 3.5SE 2.5trrs 3.5trrs Pure Blue Cable
    http://s.aliexpress.com/2AfaEBBj
    (from AliExpress Android)

alias71 and DBaldock9 like this.