Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 30, 2019 at 10:13 AM Post #39,601 of 75,347
Thanks! Amazing if I get good copies. BTW I removed the extra tracking stuff after HTML in the above link.

Seems like the post I made explaining how to do that was mostly useless. I know that some other users other than us do it but too many don't.

Jan 30, 2019 at 10:25 AM Post #39,602 of 75,347
Thanks! Amazing if I get good copies. BTW I removed the extra tracking stuff after HTML in the above link.

Yeah its insane price....was already thinking this at 4$...now I don't see the goal of trying to find cheap earbuds drivers...but feel bad about trowing cheap cable in garbage (not the shell, wich is nice too).

OH, the html link stuff was simple, will do that for sure with every ALI links now. (im dumb with this kind of stuffs and was more paranoid about affiliated links aspect of shady sharer)

Jan 30, 2019 at 10:34 AM Post #39,603 of 75,347
Last edited:
Jan 30, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #39,604 of 75,347

Never have problem with them and even soldered 2 times my first clumsy project....but its true that buying ins small lot can cost less (but earbuds shell can be costy too)....plan to try one of these lot soon....but WAIT!

Panda, did the fengru drivers are Fengru silver one???

Jan 30, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #39,605 of 75,347
They are also 15.6mm rather than the standard 15.4mm driver size. They are the only mx500 driver I tried that would not fit in the metal covers I bought.

Jan 30, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #39,606 of 75,347
Does anyone know the most effective way to remove glue from earbuds (trying to open covers on some metal shell earbuds).

I heard someone mention glue dissolver once but not sure with type or product to look for.

Thanks if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great!

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #39,607 of 75,347
Never have problem with them and even soldered 2 times my first clumsy project....but its true that buying ins small lot can cost less (but earbuds shell can be costy too)....plan to try one of these lot soon....but WAIT!

Panda, did the fengru drivers are Fengru silver one???
I'm not sure but I made a few earbuds with these ones and they do sound good

Jan 30, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #39,609 of 75,347
I'm not sure but I made a few earbuds with these ones and they do sound good

Okay nice, did you prefer them to the eMX500 drivers?

About shell, I would like finding bigger-thicker one, like a plastic EBX or the Agptek I share here, im curious about soundstage potential of such shell with the different drivers.

Jan 30, 2019 at 11:40 AM Post #39,610 of 75,347
Jan 30, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #39,611 of 75,347
Does anyone know the most effective way to remove glue from earbuds (trying to open covers on some metal shell earbuds).

I heard someone mention glue dissolver once but not sure with type or product to look for.

Thanks if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great!

I don't mod. I always assumed you guys used a heat gun to melt the glue. If not, I'm sure you have your reasons.

Jan 30, 2019 at 11:54 AM Post #39,612 of 75,347
I don't mod. I always assumed you guys used a heat gun to melt the glue. If not, I'm sure you have your reasons.

I have seen people mention heat guns.

Jan 30, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #39,613 of 75,347
The first link is the drivers I currently use for my EMX500 mods, and they just sound fantastic. They answers perfectly to my many mod tries, yet.
Did you tried the ones from your second link? if yes, how does they sound compared to the first link ? could be interested
I also tried these EMX500 drivers that I use too and they sound very good too (just need some bass reflex in the shells (which I did) to sound close to perfection).

You are right about Vido drivers, when I made my color and cables swap for them I had a little surprise in one driver, I faced voice coil, so I had to be extremely careful but everything was working perfectly back :)
I think I'm one of those rare guys to not really like Vido sound, which I find way too much "darky" and too much V-pronounced for my taste :frowning2:

Jan 30, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #39,614 of 75,347
Risk to damaging the driver. If it's hot enough to melt glue it could damage the thin plastic membrane. And metal being so conductive of heat makes it diffilcult to work with. I tried touching asoldering iron against the shell and it got very hot but didn't seem to do the trick.

Ideally I'd like to dissolve the glue enough to pry it open. I remember someone mentioned it before but I cannot seem to find it in the thread.

It's for my Ks black ling, i got the first cover open easier, but the other side is proving very difficult.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back