Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 23, 2018 at 8:09 PM Post #38,433 of 75,272
K's KS LBB In Earphone Earbud DJ HIFI Earphone Flat Head Plug Earplugs Alloy CNC Shell With 4N Oxygen free copper cable

New Moondrop VX Classic Earbud Hifi Earphone Alloy Tune High Bass Qaulity Flat Head Earbuds With 4N Litz OFC Cable

2 new ones on the banned store? both metal!

Dec 23, 2018 at 8:42 PM Post #38,435 of 75,272
K's KS LBB In Earphone Earbud DJ HIFI Earphone Flat Head Plug Earplugs Alloy CNC Shell With 4N Oxygen free copper cable

New Moondrop VX Classic Earbud Hifi Earphone Alloy Tune High Bass Qaulity Flat Head Earbuds With 4N Litz OFC Cable

2 new ones on the banned store? both metal!
The Ks in black is very interesting. Could have done with a proper bass port/stem than that weird looking bobble thingy. But maybe it's irrelevant to the sound.

The Moondrop aesthetically looks better, but my god that thick front cover looks painful to get a good fit with. Not sure if I'll bite the bullet on that one, but I probably will on the K's LBB.

Dec 23, 2018 at 9:09 PM Post #38,436 of 75,272
The Ks in black is very interesting. Could have done with a proper bass port/stem than that weird looking bobble thingy. But maybe it's irrelevant to the sound.

The Moondrop aesthetically looks better, but my god that thick front cover looks painful to get a good fit with. Not sure if I'll bite the bullet on that one, but I probably will on the K's LBB.

:D black or silver?

Dec 23, 2018 at 9:10 PM Post #38,437 of 75,272
:D black or silver?
Black for K's because the silver one looks weird. Not a silver alloy shell :frowning2:

The moondrop buds always looks fantastic, look the chromed effect.

If the K's bud sounds the part it'll be a hit. Great shell for snug fit and cavity size. Metal build looks durable. Cable looks nothing fancy but it looks well made. This could be the new budget champion :)

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2018 at 11:15 PM Post #38,439 of 75,272
Hey guys, did you know that there is a sound science forum on Head-fi? :wink:
I tend to avoid it. There's a reason that the top of that forum has links to "How to disagree", "Refutation = OK. Abuse & attacks are not OK", etc.
A lot of heated arguments between objectivists and subjectivists (if you don't know about those two camps in the audio world, good for you).

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2018 at 11:23 PM Post #38,440 of 75,272
10215994.jpg

ShoonTH ESEP-01BL / Explorer L , Punchy Bass, rich Mids and relatively well behaved treble only for 27$.
My full review -
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/shoonth-esep-01bl-explorer-l.23392/reviews

Dec 23, 2018 at 11:28 PM Post #38,441 of 75,272
I'm looking to upgrade from my Monk+ and was wondering if the Sennheiser MX475 are considered that? Looking for some earbuds no more than £40 ($60ish), since in-ears even with the smallest covers leave me sore and achy within a minute or so.

The sound of Sennheiser MX475 focuses on treble. However, the sound of the Sennheiser MX375 which is brothers model is focused on bass as like Monk+.
Since the sound of the MX375 is closer to the sound of Monk+ than the sound of MX475, I recommend MX375 as the upgrade of Monk+.

If you like MX500 housing which is same as Monk+, I recommend HE150 for the soundstage and bass.
If you like PK housing which is small, I recommend SR2 16ohm TPE WIRE at Aliexpress for the soundstage and bass.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2018 at 5:48 AM Post #38,442 of 75,272
Thought my AP80 had finally arrived, as I had a card saying Customs fee to pay. I can tell you I was really disappointed to be paying a £12 Customs fee for $34 worth of RY earphones. Take this as a warning that RY will state the full value on the box, which is fair enough for them, but not what I was expecting.

Edit: on a positive note, I now have my GM500 and RY4S with UE cable, plus the RY10 IEMs for my skull obsessed grandson :)

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2018 at 8:22 AM Post #38,443 of 75,272
EB53.jpg

荣K68+
K's (凯) Little Black Bell (LBB 小黑铃)
MoonDrop VXC
MoonDrop VXJ

Dec 24, 2018 at 8:34 AM Post #38,444 of 75,272
Thought my AP80 had finally arrived, as I had a card saying Customs fee to pay. I can tell you I was really disappointed to be paying a £12 Customs fee for $34 worth of RY earphones. Take this as a warning that RY will state the full value on the box, which is fair enough for them, but not what I was expecting.
Thanks for the heads-up. I have ordered from RY a couple of times without problems, but I will make sure to check in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back