Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 9, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #3,811 of 75,671
ClieOS, how is its' microphonics? thanks..

As in on ER4 cable? There is pretty much no microphonics on it.

Apr 9, 2016 at 3:12 PM Post #3,813 of 75,671
does it depend where to connect them? I'm planning to build a custom cable for flc8s..
thank you very much.

If it is going over-the-ears then microphonics won't be a problem for most cable.

Apr 9, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #3,814 of 75,671
Well, my initial impressions of Tomahawk's are good! I'm trying to use now with fit like E100* which I'm used and the narrow soundstage sensation of Tomahawks looks slight wide and mids/vocals a bit more neutral fitting in this way, very sweet. *picture (sorry for bad quality, old logitech webcam). 

Apr 10, 2016 at 6:08 AM Post #3,816 of 75,671
Hi all, i remember someone here has hifiman es100. How is it sound? Is it worth on it's price?
I'm interesting because i love all Hifiman DAP. But never try it's bud. Maybe it's great to have one

I have it. It´s airy and has good mids, but imo it lacks bass. Price? Well, compared to the Monk almost all earbuds are too expensive. But I like it more than the Stagediver SD2 I also own. 

Apr 10, 2016 at 6:24 AM Post #3,817 of 75,671
I have it. It´s airy and has good miss, but imo it lacks bass. Price? Well, compared to the Monk almost all earbuds are too expensive. But I like it more than the Stagediver SD2 I also own. 

Thanks mate. As i guess, neautral buds always lack of bass. May be you've ever compared it to tomahawk? I have chance to get this bud from my friend only $35, as i see the new one in amazone is around $69

Apr 10, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #3,818 of 75,671
Thanks mate. As i guess, neautral buds always lack of bass. May be you've ever compared it to tomahawk? I have chance to get this bud from my friend only $35, as i see the new one in amazone is around $69

It´s neutral, but also kinda sweet sounding. No, I haven´t heard the tomahawk, but if you don´t know the VE Monks, I´d suggest listening to them first, before you think about spending more money. They might be all you need.

Apr 10, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #3,819 of 75,671
It´s neutral, but also kinda sweet sounding. No, I haven´t heard the tomahawk, but if you don´t know the VE Monks, I´d suggest listening to them first, before you think about spending more money. They might be all you need.

Thanks for the advice. I already have ve monk, asura beta&v1, ve zen 1&2, tomahawk.
Just wanna try different sound :)

Apr 10, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #3,820 of 75,671
Looks like it's going to be a busy week for me. I should be seeing my Monk Plus, Tomahawk and hopefully my Shozy Cygnus as well over the next few days...

Been listening mostly to my Asura 2.0 lately...

Apr 10, 2016 at 1:13 PM Post #3,821 of 75,671
Hi all, i remember someone here has hifiman es100. How is it sound? Is it worth on it's price?
I'm interesting because i love all Hifiman DAP. But never try it's bud. Maybe it's great to have one

Did you see the pic of my ES100 with my g1217 amp a few pages ago?

They are my favorite earbud. Period. I have not yet heard Zen or Cygnus but the only thing that could make ES100 better IMO is a bit better bass extension.

I seem to be in the minority for loving ES100 but all other earbuds I find are not as balanced or honest sounding.

They sound like nothing else you have. Probably closest to asura 2.0 but ES100 is better at.. well... everything IMO. Except maybe female vocals.

Apr 10, 2016 at 1:17 PM Post #3,822 of 75,671
Looks like it's going to be a busy week for me. I should be seeing my Monk Plus, Tomahawk and hopefully my Shozy Cygnus as well over the next few days...

Been listening mostly to my Asura 2.0 lately...

Almost the same here :wink: got the asura 2.0 and tomahawk out the door, and monk plus/zen2.0/rose mojito/cygnus on their way in!

Apr 10, 2016 at 9:13 PM Post #3,824 of 75,671
Did you see the pic of my ES100 with my g1217 amp a few pages ago?

They are my favorite earbud. Period. I have not yet heard Zen or Cygnus but the only thing that could make ES100 better IMO is a bit better bass extension.

I seem to be in the minority for loving ES100 but all other earbuds I find are not as balanced or honest sounding.

They sound like nothing else you have. Probably closest to asura 2.0 but ES100 is better at.. well... everything IMO. Except maybe female vocals.

But unfortunately my dap is bright type too. Lack of bass, not sure if i use it with es100 it will extend the bass. And i'm not an "amp" guy. Much prefer direct set up for daily.
Maybe i'll try es100 or gramo one someday. Thx mate

Apr 11, 2016 at 2:39 AM Post #3,825 of 75,671
But unfortunately my dap is bright type too. Lack of bass, not sure if i use it with es100 it will extend the bass. And i'm not an "amp" guy. Much prefer direct set up for daily.
Maybe i'll try es100 or gramo one someday. Thx mate

The only thing to keep in mind then, is they're 150ohm. My Xduoo X3 can do about 200mW/32 ohms and I have to keep volume at ~70 where I usually use ~50. If your DAP is weak they might not be a good mix. But if they can power the ES100 they are so amazing. The detail and accuracy is really amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back