Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 9, 2016 at 9:01 AM Post #3,796 of 75,763
Does anyone know about boarseman k25s and boarseman mx98s?
How about their sound?

K25s is allrounder. Nothing more or less special from its sound.
Mx98s is warm, midcentric earbud. Thick vocal, but still good detail.
If you like "fast" music (metal, progressive,etc), you should try mx98 (without "s"). Its best bud under $50 on my list

Anyway I try to describe what I don't like in Chozy Cignus:
To me it's a little bit too sweet I like more energetic signature. not the best in neutrality.

What I like
Overall these have a good sound, tridimensional, soundstage ok, high airy quite extensive and never annoying.Cygnus also have good layering sound and micro detail.

All naturally imho

If you seacrh for energetic sound but sound sign still like cygnus (may be better), ve zen v1 is the best choice, i think

Apr 9, 2016 at 9:28 AM Post #3,799 of 75,763
K25s is allrounder. Nothing more or less special from its sound.
Mx98s is warm, midcentric earbud. Thick vocal, but still good detail.
If you like "fast" music (metal, progressive,etc), you should try mx98 (without "s"). Its best bud under $50 on my list

Are they (mx98 with "s" and without "s") have big difference?

Apr 9, 2016 at 9:35 AM Post #3,800 of 75,763
Thanks Joyboy, actually can I buy the zen1 or only zen 2 in Aliexpress?

Unfortunately, Zen v1 is discontinued. Not sure if there's seller out there has its stock. May be a few years later it will be a treasure like TM7

Are they (mx98 with "s" and without "s") have big difference?

Very big difference. Mx98s is very good in vocal. Thick & lush. But for bass its kinda decay. Not good in fast genre.
Mx98 is balance to bright. Some say it's cold. Lean bass but very good impact. And instrumen detail is superb. But vocal is laidback and thin

Apr 9, 2016 at 12:05 PM Post #3,801 of 75,763
Mx980 and mx985 has a questionable cable build quality and they are discontinued.
Blox tm7 are discontinued as well, that made the VE ZEN is the King of this era,
I shall tryout how good the Princess (Ve monk) is first.

Apr 9, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #3,802 of 75,763
@Joy Boy I remember the cable you linked me when we were discussing upgrading the Edifier 180. Is Taobao the only place to get that cable and do you know what makes it so special? as in is there a reason to get that cable over another similarly priced cable?

I don't really know where to look for cables meant for recabling IEM & earbuds so I'm just listening to your' guys advice!

Apr 9, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #3,803 of 75,763
  Mx980 and mx985 has a questionable cable build quality and they are discontinued.
Blox tm7 are discontinued as well, that made the VE ZEN is the King of this era,

You can still find MX985 in Japan and China (not cheap though), which are really where they are mostly being sold and probably where Sennheiser keep most of their stock.

I think I am fair to say Sennheiser never really got their cable right, and the issue goes back much longer than just MX98x era and pretty much affects most of their better earbuds for a decade or two. The cable they use are of good quality at first look, but have the tendency to degrade fast in less than perfect storage condition (which is hard to ask anyone to keep unless you never use them at all). I am actually in the process of recabling my MX90VC at the moment. Funny is that their lower end earbuds tends to have less-then-best-looking cable yet usually last longer.

I don't really know where to look for cables meant for recabling IEM & earbuds so I'm just listening to your' guys advice!

Lunashops sells decently priced cable. I use their cable for my ER4 recabling project and probably will again on my MX90VC recabling as well.

Apr 9, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #3,804 of 75,763

Lunashops sells decently priced cable. I use their cable for my ER4 recabling project and probably will again on my MX90VC recabling as well.

Thanks for the quick response :)

BTW your Mojito came with 2 cables, right? Not that I'd butcher a 2 pin cable to rewire earbuds but just curious how you think of them.

But the seller only shipped my Mojito yesterday despite ordering over a week ago. grrrrrr. I don't think I'll be using this one Aliexpress seller again.

Apr 9, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #3,805 of 75,763
@Joy Boy
I remember the cable you linked me when we were discussing upgrading the Edifier 180. Is Taobao the only place to get that cable and do you know what makes it so special? as in is there a reason to get that cable over another similarly priced cable?

De'mun cable? I'm not a modder. But in my country there's so many modder and variaty of cable they used. There're copper, super copper, silvercoated, pure silver, even gold plated silver.
Many of them bought it from taobao. I'm not sure where to buy the cable on the link i've ever post.
I'll ask my friend in local forum. I'm sorry

I agree with you. Considering TM7 sold out everywhere, while mx985 is very rare too and if it's available, the price is so damn expensive. Ve Zen is the king that we could reach so far.
But ve zen v.1 (one of king earbud in ClieOs list) is nearly extinct too. Discontinued and only a few stock in market. If you could find one of it, buy it and keep it. Got a feeling that it would be a legendary like TM7. IMO

Apr 9, 2016 at 1:13 PM Post #3,806 of 75,763
  Thanks for the quick response :)

BTW your Mojito came with 2 cables, right? Not that I'd butcher a 2 pin cable to rewire earbuds but just curious how you think of them.

But the seller only shipped my Mojito yesterday despite ordering over a week ago. grrrrrr. I don't think I'll be using this one Aliexpress seller again.

Yes, Mojito comes with two cables - the braided black cable and the white cable. Haven't spend much time on the white cable and the black cable works just fine for me. They are not particularly special cable by any mean and won't be my choice for recabling (but obviously can do the job if you want it to).

This is the Lunashops cable I used: link. I have probably built at least 15~20 ER4 replacement cable out of it and I am quite happy with its build quality.

De'mun cable? I'm not a modder. But in my country there's so many modder and variaty of cable they used. There're copper, super copper, silvercoated, pure silver, even gold plated silver.
Many of them bought it from taobao. I'm not sure where to buy the cable on the link i've ever post.
I'll ask my friend in local forum. I'm sorry

Just a word of caution: it is really hard to tell how legit Taobao cable are from time to time. So I won't want to spent too much money on them as you might not getting what you've paid for.

Apr 9, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #3,808 of 75,763
Just a word of caution: it is really hard to tell how legit Taobao cable are from time to time. So I won't want to spent too much money on them as you might not getting what you've paid for.

Yeah, i've heard it. Maybe you should buy it or aks for help from local modder, considering they have experience with it

Joy Boy please do not apologize! Your answer was very helpful :)

I'm just curious as there is no documentation of the de'mun on English language forums.

Btw, may be you can ask my friend in this facebook page. De'mun cable is his specialization: https://m.facebook.com/Demun-1712608572317586/

Apr 9, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #3,809 of 75,763
hmmm, this thread is getting more attention now a days..

gud for all earbud lovers ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back