Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 14, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #37,576 of 75,250
I just ordered both due to you!

Thankyou. My enabling job is well done.

tenor.gif

Also, thanks to all about customs. I think the limit is $800 in the U.S. so I should be fine. Before ordering 30, I decided to order one each of the Snow Lotus 1.0 plus and RY4S UE so I can decide which one I'm buying 30 of :D

We are all looking forward to your comparison. No pressure! :wink:

Nov 14, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #37,578 of 75,250
Good review of the EB2 here:

http://audiofool.reviews/2018/10/03/nicehck-eb2-earbud/

"If you have had a desire to try a flagship earbud, the EB2 is an excellent way to try out the breed without spending flagship money to do so. The problem for NiceHCK may well be that the toughest competition for their EBX is their EB2"

Nov 14, 2018 at 1:50 PM Post #37,579 of 75,250
Hi, I wonder if mojo makes a good pair with most of the earbuds?
I have Mojo, IFI Black Label and RunAbout. Mojo is amazing. It sounds great with everything that I have. The only thing that I miss in Mojo and I have in Black Label is the iPurifier. Mojo is my portable DAC.

Nov 14, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #37,581 of 75,250
I have no idea why that reviewer for the EB2 is using an average score where he's factoring in accessories and stuff equally to the sound. I mean, it's earbuds, at the end of the day your final score should be on how they sound and build quality (which isn't even as relevant in terms of ChiFi).

Anyways, are those EB2s the same size or smaller than that open-back Headroom one (MS16 or something I think).

Nov 14, 2018 at 3:03 PM Post #37,582 of 75,250
Ha-ha! I missed the Vunbuds again :beyersmile:

I guess I did too then. I partly didn't jump on them right away because my ears are very happy at the moment (rotating a lot through the ry4s, Fengru pk1 2.5mm 150ohm, and Svara L's). Also, I'm not sure to go with the Vunbud's, or some others that have been flung about here lately.

Nov 14, 2018 at 5:38 PM Post #37,583 of 75,250
Nov 14, 2018 at 6:51 PM Post #37,585 of 75,250
What’s with the snow 1.0 plus?? Any review
I clicked on the link and there’s no sock avail

We talked about it so much that people bought them all.. not just us who are members but also the people who lurk.. usually more lurkers than members at any given time.

Nov 14, 2018 at 7:50 PM Post #37,587 of 75,250
Do you still wholly endorse the Funbud?
I do! Someone earlier posted (sorry, I am too lazy to find the post) that they are not that bass heavy, but well-balanced. I don't disagree with the latter part, but I do still think that the bass is emphasized (though not to the point of sounding weird), and that it is thumpin'....... at least compared to most of the buds commonly discussed here. Expecting an earbud to have the same thumpy-ness (is that a word?) as some of the bass heavy closed back full sized cans (e.g. Fostex) is not really fair....... but for an earbud, I think the Vunbud brings the bass.

(I'm gonna go grab them now and listen again to make sure I didn't stick my foot in my mouth...... if this post is edited, you who are online now will know I did). :sweat_smile:

Nov 14, 2018 at 8:18 PM Post #37,589 of 75,250
Sorry for the double post, but didn't want to edit my original post based on its contents....... Vunbud brings it! Listening to The War on Drugs, and the Vunbuds come as close to replicating the "wall of sound" that is characteristic of their music as any bud I've heard in its price range. (The last part of that statement is important, as everyone here knows that I am a Cypherus fan girl). :ksc75smile:

I don't listen to a ton of EDM, but these would probably not be the best choice for that, as they have a bit of a relaxed presentation. But yeah, the bass is there in quantity....... one of my secret favorite songs is Train's "Play that Song." But the mixing on that track is soooooooo awful...... the vocals are loud to the point of distortion, and the bass is similarly 'roided up. With the Vunbuds the bass punches you in the head. (Which is not to say anything bad about the Vunbud; it is a criticism of whoever produced that Train album. Don't tell anyone I like that song, please).

To me, the Vunbud is v-shaped with a definite emphasis on bass thump, the treble almost sparkles (in a good way - to my ears the TY lineup and some other stuff that is liked by many is piercing), and the sound stage and imaging are really impressive for a $50 bud. The vocals can be a bit thin for some female singers, but hey, you can't have it all. I was surprised at how well the Vunbud handled The Lone Bellow's new EP: it is an all acoustic collection of new songs, old songs revisited, and covers (Pink Rabbits!)...... that album sounds like poop on my car stereo.

Nov 14, 2018 at 8:29 PM Post #37,590 of 75,250
Sorry for the double post, but didn't want to edit my original post based on its contents....... Vunbud brings it! Listening to The War on Drugs, and the Vunbuds come as close to replicating the "wall of sound" that is characteristic of their music as any bud I've heard in its price range. (The last part of that statement is important, as everyone here knows that I am a Cypherus fan girl). :ksc75smile:

I don't listen to a ton of EDM, but these would probably not be the best choice for that, as they have a bit of a relaxed presentation. But yeah, the bass is there in quantity....... one of my secret favorite songs is Train's "Play that Song." But the mixing on that track is soooooooo awful...... the vocals are loud to the point of distortion, and the bass is similarly 'roided up. With the Vunbuds the bass punches you in the head. (Which is not to say anything bad about the Vunbud; it is a criticism of whoever produced that Train album. Don't tell anyone I like that song, please).

To me, the Vunbud is v-shaped with a definite emphasis on bass thump, the treble almost sparkles (in a good way - to my ears the TY lineup and some other stuff that is liked by many is piercing), and the sound stage and imaging are really impressive for a $50 bud. The vocals can be a bit thin for some female singers, but hey, you can't have it all. I was surprised at how well the Vunbud handled The Lone Bellow's new EP: it is an all acoustic collection of new songs, old songs revisited, and covers (Pink Rabbits!)...... that album sounds like poop on my car stereo.

I guess I will get to see for myself whenever I get them. Back a couple weeks ago I emailed Ahdi, and asked if he could email me when they were back in stock. He mailed me yesterday morning and I immediately bought them. Good thing as they didn't last long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back