Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 13, 2018 at 9:50 PM Post #37,561 of 75,078
J
Borrowed the Snow Lotus 1.0+ from my bro. Amazing smooth midrange, a little bit laid-back but details reveal pretty well for such a budget earbud. Bass is impressive, capable of delivering good impact, with deep extension, sub-bass is very audible. Overall sound is similar to Monk+ with much nicer bass, midrange smoothness, and ability to reveal micro-details.
Probably no brainer choice for under $10. Ironically, without MIC is the only option for these amazing buds.
Just got mine from Amazon, and with a quick listen I agree with your assessment. Their foam covers seem thick, which rendered the laid-back sound. Swapped out to some thinner generics from eBay and brought out more details and treble. Fantastic for 10 clams, and man, the soundstage is incredible. My new favorite. Eager to try them with my various DAPs to find the best synergy.

Nov 13, 2018 at 10:16 PM Post #37,562 of 75,078
Mainly has happened with things from Massdrop.. those are always caught. If it comes Royal Mail you get a card in your mail telling you how much you have to pay. You can take the card to the post office to pay and pick up your parcel. I think they may have finally added the ability to pay online so that your postman can bring it.

If it is DHL you get an usually get an email and can pay online and then it is delivered.

A couple of times the the delivery person asked for the money at the door but we cannot remember who the carrier was.

We are usually ok with with the aliexpress purchases that use the free shipping method.

The $79 Massdrop SDAC was delivered by DHL. The "Value for duty (CAN$)" was $104.83, and I think anything more than $100CAD is what might trigger duty. But in this case I just got dinged for taxes and a "handling fee". It wasn't too much, by I should have asked them to split up the SDAC into multiple shipments. :wink:

Nov 13, 2018 at 10:17 PM Post #37,563 of 75,078
J

Just got mine from Amazon, and with a quick listen I agree with your assessment. Their foam covers seem thick, which rendered the laid-back sound. Swapped out to some thinner generics from eBay and brought out more details and treble. Fantastic for 10 clams, and man, the soundstage is incredible. My new favorite. Eager to try them with my various DAPs to find the best synergy.

I think that someone needs to provide a "Snow Lotus 1.0+ verses RY4S UE" showdown!

Nov 13, 2018 at 10:36 PM Post #37,564 of 75,078
A couple of post-11/11 shopping alerts: Just popped on Rholupat to get Willsound VJC (MK1 and MK2 are available), and the infamous VUNBUDs are back available too. :ksc75smile:
Eh.... just went to checkout, and MK1 VJC are out of stock. Get 'em while they are hot, apparently!

Nov 14, 2018 at 12:07 AM Post #37,565 of 75,078
A couple of post-11/11 shopping alerts: Just popped on Rholupat to get Willsound VJC (MK1 and MK2 are available), and the infamous VUNBUDs are back available too. :ksc75smile:
Eh.... just went to checkout, and MK1 VJC are out of stock. Get 'em while they are hot, apparently!

Do you still wholly endorse the Funbud?

Nov 14, 2018 at 1:26 AM Post #37,566 of 75,078
J

Make sure you get a 1.0+ (yeah with PLUS), they're available in Blue/Silver colors only, and don't have Mic option. I've read from a guy have the 1.0 and 1.0+ that the 1.0+ is much better, with wider soundstage and more clarity.

Nov 14, 2018 at 3:04 AM Post #37,567 of 75,078
I think that someone needs to provide a "Snow Lotus 1.0+ verses RY4S UE" showdown!
Planned, but still checking where to buy 1.0+ :frowning2:

Make sure you get a 1.0+ (yeah with PLUS), they're available in Blue/Silver colors only, and don't have Mic option. I've read from a guy have the 1.0 and 1.0+ that the 1.0+ is much better, with wider soundstage and more clarity.
Where do you see any 1.0+ available ? looks like on official Faaeal store from ali they are all sold out.
I was waiting for many days but they don't get back to stock.
I prefer to buy directly from Faaeal to be sure having an official pair :)

Nov 14, 2018 at 4:45 AM Post #37,569 of 75,078
Planned, but still checking where to buy 1.0+ :frowning2:

Where do you see any 1.0+ available ? looks like on official Faaeal store from ali they are all sold out.
I was waiting for many days but they don't get back to stock.
I prefer to buy directly from Faaeal to be sure having an official pair :)
Here you are:
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...rphones-HIFI-Earbuds/2178200_32804583069.html
How they manage the links is kinda confusing :D The 1.0+ costs $9.76, $0.72 more than the 1.0

Nov 14, 2018 at 4:53 AM Post #37,570 of 75,078
Nov 14, 2018 at 5:30 AM Post #37,571 of 75,078
You are lucky. In the UK anything over £16 is subject to customs fees. 20% of the stated value PLUS a £8- £11 handling fee (exact amount depends on the courier.

The government is talking about getting rid of the £16 exemption and taxing everything that comes in. If that happens we are done.

Welcome to Sweden of today! Or at least since March this year.

We pay a bit less in handling fee, around 75 SEK which is about £6.30 (for PostNord).The tax is something like 10 or 12,5% of the stated value. Supposedly it is okay to send gifts if the declared value is less than 500 SEK (about $55). But I know of incidents when PostNord ignores that. This summer we sent some stuff to friends and family from Japan to Sweden. Some of it was okay but some of it was slapped with tax and handling fee without any apparent reason. Sadly my friends are not used to stand their ground against authorities so they just paid it.

Woo wrote $10 value on the TM9 package and marked it as gift but I was still charged taxes and handling fees. It was just around 80 SEK in total and I had waited for the TM9 for 3 weeks since it arrived to Swedish customs, so I just paid even if I could have had them remove the fee. But that would probably have added another 2-3 weeks to the time I had to wait for them.

Nowadays I mostly buy stuff from within the EU. But when you like cheap Chinese electronics the selection is pretty small...

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2018 at 6:14 AM Post #37,572 of 75,078
Welcome to Sweden of today! Or at least since March this year.

We pay a bit less in handling fee, around 75 SEK which is about £6.30 (for PostNord).The tax is something like 10 or 12,5% of the stated value. Supposedly it is okay to send gifts if the declared value is less than 500 SEK (about $55). But I know of incidents when PostNord ignores that. This summer we sent some stuff to friends and family from Japan to Sweden. Some of it was okay but some of it was slapped with tax and handling fee without any apparent reason. Sadly my friends are not used to stand their ground against authorities so they just paid it.

Woo wrote $10 value on the TM9 package so I paid around $10 and marked it as gift but I was still charged taxes and handling fees. It was just around 80 SEK in total and I had waited for the TM9 for 3 weeks since it arrived to Swedish customs, so I just paid even if I could have had them remove the fee. But that would probably have added another 2-3 weeks to the time I had to wait for them.

Nowadays I mostly buy stuff from within the EU. But when you like cheap Chinese electronics the selection is pretty small...

The pictures of the package they send along with the fee makes it feel like a hostage exchange. Honestly though, I think their incompetence is what makes it unacceptable. To charge a handling fee and still not be able to deliver until weeks later is just adding insult to injury.

Nov 14, 2018 at 8:56 AM Post #37,573 of 75,078
Nov 14, 2018 at 9:02 AM Post #37,574 of 75,078
Also, thanks to all about customs. I think the limit is $800 in the U.S. so I should be fine. Before ordering 30, I decided to order one each of the Snow Lotus 1.0 plus and RY4S UE so I can decide which one I'm buying 30 of :D

Nov 14, 2018 at 11:56 AM Post #37,575 of 75,078
I received my T-Music V2 last week and I'm loving them! They're my first earbuds, and being used to my Shure SE215 and KZ ES4, the soundstage is mindblowing. They sound really balanced, and while they're not bassy I don't miss more bass for most of the music I use them for (Milton Nascimento, Arthur Verocai, Too Slow To Disco...)

They're also really well made, and I can wear them for hours without discomfort. I just wonder: what foams do you use for your earbuds?

Actually yesterday I went to buy a second pair and now they're almost x4 the price I bought them a month ago. Weird...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back