Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 2, 2018 at 7:08 PM Post #37,171 of 75,463
I know that, but @nxnje said that he wants a V-Shaped signature...
I've yet to hear a pk shell earbud with that signature. I was beginning to think it was an illusion because every pk shell bud I've heard is mid-treble centric or balanaced in one way or another.

Nov 2, 2018 at 7:11 PM Post #37,172 of 75,463
15412002323816247295571238272958.jpg
I've yet to hear a pk shell earbud with that signature. I was beginning to think it was an illusion because every pk shell bud I've heard is mid-treble centric or balanaced in one way or another.

I've heard this too, that's why i'm asking here.
If that's really possible, i'm grabbing this one.

Atm i just have SE-CE11 (bleah for my tastes but so comfy) and the earbuds that come with the AGPTEK m20, which are ok but so much painful for my ears.

Nov 2, 2018 at 7:14 PM Post #37,174 of 75,463
I didn't know a V-shaped sound signature was required due to the pk shell
You should try DIY SR2(16ohm) with Pad and DonutsPad for a V-Shaped signature(deep bass) and wide sound stage! This has stronger bass than Dragon2+.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item//32801646835.html

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2018 at 7:19 PM Post #37,175 of 75,463
Last edited:
Nov 2, 2018 at 7:25 PM Post #37,176 of 75,463

I've heard this too, that's why i'm asking here.
If that's really possible, i'm grabbing this one.

Atm i just have SE-CE11 (bleah for my tastes but so comfy) and the earbuds that come with the AGPTEK m20, which are ok but so much painful for my ears.

You should try DIY SR2(16ohm) with Pad and DonutsPad for a V-Shaped signature(deep bass) and wide sound stage! This has stronger bass than Dragon2+.

Are the one that you've linked me and the one i posted here the same pair of earbuds or are they different?

For a cheap bass heavy V shape the Faaeal Z-Sound with smallish shell fits the bill nicely

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...-Flat-Head-Plug-Earbud-HIFI/32823119048.html?
Thanks a lot for this suggestion too, putting it in my wish list so i can make a comparison at the end of the list :D

Nov 2, 2018 at 7:52 PM Post #37,179 of 75,463
You posted here the link to Fengru DIY PK2. I posted here the link to DIY SR2(16ohm) . Of course they are different.:L3000:
Does it have bass compareable to emx500? Willsound mk2? Or what can it compare to?

Because the sr2 driver in tpe cable I bought sounded really dull and lacked sub bass. So im hesitant to buy another. Maybe the tpe was a different driver even though it said sr2...

Nov 2, 2018 at 8:03 PM Post #37,180 of 75,463
Then i have been ordering the wrong type of shell all this time, for some reason or another i have been delaying pk shell buds, i may get the Pandas or Linsoul this 11.11.

Nov 2, 2018 at 8:57 PM Post #37,181 of 75,463
Does it have bass compareable to emx500? Willsound mk2? Or what can it compare to?

Because the sr2 driver in tpe cable I bought sounded really dull and lacked sub bass. So im hesitant to buy another. Maybe the tpe was a different driver even though it said sr2...

To tell the truth, I connected the driver of DIY SR2 pro 16ohm (12usd) to the Shozy Cygnus cable, because silver plated cable of DIY SR2 pro emphasizes treble too much.
IMO, I feel this DIY SR2 connected to Shozy Cygnus cable (using Pad and DonutsPad) have bass compareable to emx500.
(I do not like Shozy BK which sound dull, so I connected the driver of Shozy Cygnus to the Shozy BK cable. This sounds very good treble/mid/bass!)

I also have bought DIY SR2 in tpe cable at below link at October/16, but it is not arrived yet...:triportsad:

Could you tell me the link of sr2 in tpe cable that you bought, for reference? Is it the same as below link?
And This is needed 100 hour's burn-in, OK?

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2018 at 9:12 PM Post #37,182 of 75,463
Thanks a lot for this suggestion too, putting it in my wish list

Panda is good for that, isn't he!

Then i have been ordering the wrong type of shell all this time, for some reason or another i have been delaying pk shell buds, i may get the Pandas or Linsoul this 11.11.

Is the Linsould 150 a PK shell? Regardless, I have what I am sure is exactly the same thing in the FENGRU DIY PK1 2.5mm for $21.75. They are very balanced imo, which for me is "mid-centric and a bit bass light". Having said that, they sound awesome and all I do to get them really working for me is to boost the bass a bit. I really like these buds.

Nov 2, 2018 at 9:26 PM Post #37,184 of 75,463
Is the Linsould 150 a PK shell? Regardless, I have what I am sure is exactly the same thing in the FENGRU DIY PK1 2.5mm for $21.75. They are very balanced imo, which for me is "mid-centric and a bit bass light". Having said that, they sound awesome and all I do to get them really working for me is to boost the bass a bit. I really like these buds.
Yeah i saw you post about it, i'll get those too a think, that way i can get the Panda and those at the price of the Linsoul, midcentric and bass light is what im looking for, i found that my ears get really tired while using bassy buds, even the MK3 that people regard as "could use more bass" tires me a bit. Funny the fact that even the pictures are the same between those two.
The Linsoul 150 is indeed a pk shell and one of the most neutral, balanced earbud I possess
Music to my ears, my Panda friend.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2018 at 10:25 PM Post #37,185 of 75,463
To tell the truth, I connected the driver of DIY SR2 pro 16ohm (12usd) to the Shozy Cygnus cable, because silver plated cable of DIY SR2 pro emphasizes treble too much.
IMO, I feel this DIY SR2 connected to Shozy Cygnus cable (using Pad and DonutsPad) have bass compareable to emx500.
(I do not like Shozy BK which sound dull, so I connected the driver of Shozy Cygnus to the Shozy BK cable. This sounds very good treble/mid/bass!)

I also have bought DIY SR2 in tpe cable at below link at October/16, but it is not arrived yet...:triportsad:

Could you tell me the link of sr2 in tpe cable that you bought, for reference? Is it the same as below link?
And This is needed 100 hour's burn-in, OK?
Fair enough ill burn it in longer then. The bass extension just isn't the same as mx500 earbuds with good bass. The punch of the mid bass is there but the depth goes missing on some tracks.

Gonna try some modding to see if I can get some depth out of it.

The cygnus cable does add some weight to the bass I agree, but its hard to push extension that isn't there. I'll hook my cygnus cable up to them too and see what happens.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back