Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 6, 2018 at 4:48 PM Post #36,211 of 75,456
That BK is a very good earbud. Have you already heard the endgame earbud that beats it? If so, what is it? :)
My K600, blur, TM9 and moonbuds nightshade all are on another level. The bk is a very good bud, but I wouldn't call it totl.

Oct 6, 2018 at 4:50 PM Post #36,212 of 75,456
That BK is a very good earbud. Have you already heard the endgame earbud that beats it? If so, what is it? :)
I'm saving up for the K's Titanium Ling.

The bk was my first high end earbud and I loved it but as my experience with earbuds went on I moved towards a different signature. I'd love to keep em all but I need the funds so it is what it is and hopefully someone else will enjoy them now :)

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #36,213 of 75,456
I'm saving up for the K's Titanium Ling.

The bk was my first high end earbud and I loved it but as my experience with earbuds went on I moved towards a different signature. I'd love to keep em all but I need the funds so it is what it is and hopefully someone else will enjoy them now :)

So you're selling the BKs without ever having heard the K's Titanium Ling? Can you reliably do an A/B with weeks or months worth of a gap in between?!?

Oct 6, 2018 at 5:17 PM Post #36,214 of 75,456
My K600, blur, TM9 and moonbuds nightshade all are on another level. The bk is a very good bud, but I wouldn't call it totl.
Thanks for the feedback! I have a TM9 on the way, but I plan on keeping my BK buds unless and until I hear that next level :)

BTW, I use ToneKing donut ring thin foams on the BKs. I found that improved their FR.

Oct 6, 2018 at 5:17 PM Post #36,215 of 75,456
So you're selling the BKs without ever having heard the K's Titanium Ling? Can you reliably do an A/B with weeks or months worth of a gap in between?!?
I own the K's Black ling which is almost what I'm looking for in an earbud. That's why i want the new ling as it should be an upgrade while retaining the great shell and mild V sig of the black ling.

I also own many other earbuds to compare and contrast to the bk and the titanium ling when i get it. So i dont need to keep buds around just for comparison as the bk isnt the sound im looking for these days.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2018 at 7:55 PM Post #36,216 of 75,456
Before you trade it away, try this: swap the left and right earpieces on cable, then wear them over-the-ear. Kind of give it a more analytical sound. Someone on erji.net taught me this.

@ClieOS , what I ended up doing was taping up the back oval mesh vent, adding the silicone caps and fairly thick foams. Also went to the Semkarch CNT1 stock cable after removing the awful memory wire from it. Also got the FiiO LC 3.5As for them since it cost me $7.50 with 2-day shipping. I have a clip DAP coming and it is starting to be jacket weather so that chest pocket begs for the short cable. :)

Oct 6, 2018 at 8:53 PM Post #36,217 of 75,456
Thanks for the feedback! I have a TM9 on the way, but I plan on keeping my BK buds unless and until I hear that next level :)

BTW, I use ToneKing donut ring thin foams on the BKs. I found that improved their FR.
I don't think you will replace the bk with TM9. Different buds. TM9 is pretty balanced with excellent, full, detailed bass. Bk is a midhead bud.

Oct 6, 2018 at 9:12 PM Post #36,218 of 75,456
@ClieOS , what I ended up doing was taping up the back oval mesh vent, adding the silicone caps and fairly thick foams. Also went to the Semkarch CNT1 stock cable after removing the awful memory wire from it. Also got the FiiO LC 3.5As for them since it cost me $7.50 with 2-day shipping. I have a clip DAP coming and it is starting to be jacket weather so that chest pocket begs for the short cable. :)

Sound like you are all set :man_dancing::dancer:

Oct 7, 2018 at 8:29 AM Post #36,220 of 75,456
Looks like the hype about PK32 has been past, but sometimes I listen to them and they still impress me so far!
There is something truely magic on these earbuds. Still my best PK2 shell sounding earbuds so far.
Excellent job @WillSound ! I I will never forget you :)
Hope to see new PK2 variants from you.

Oct 7, 2018 at 9:12 AM Post #36,221 of 75,456
The cable wraps?

From Taobao.

[edit] Aliexpress has it, search "magnet cable organizer". Take note that the magnet in the cable is not molded fully into the cable and can fall out from time to time. You can however put it back together easily.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2018 at 9:37 AM Post #36,222 of 75,456
From Taobao.

[edit] Aliexpress has it, search "magnet cable organizer". Take note that the magnet in the cable is not molded fully into the cable and can fall out from time to time. You can however put it back together easily.

They have some here in Japan too, but with super strong magnets. I dismissed them seeing how strong that magnet was, fearing damage to the driver. It came with a nifty metal case though, so that the magnet would keep the earphones in place.

I much prefer those leather snap-button fasteners personally.

Here is what they look like -> http://www.e-earphone.jp/shop/shopdetail.html?brandcode=000000067597&search=zero&sort=price_desc

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2018 at 9:44 AM Post #36,223 of 75,456
Looks like the hype about PK32 has been past, but sometimes I listen to them and they still impress me so far!
There is something truely magic on these earbuds. Still my best PK2 shell sounding earbuds so far.

have you tried his PK16 yet?

Oct 7, 2018 at 9:46 AM Post #36,224 of 75,456

What other Willsounds that you have that you can compare?
I have the MK1 and Mk3 :)

Oct 7, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #36,225 of 75,456
I'm selling my pk32 because it's not the sig I prefer, and I have others that can excell in the same genres.

But it's pretty nice and has a completely unique bass presentation for a pk bud. It's super linear bass without any mid bass bump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back