Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 16, 2018 at 2:24 PM Post #35,149 of 75,869
Wow that looks super brittle. Will order asap . Just wish they throw more like 20 pcs for the price though

Sep 16, 2018 at 2:33 PM Post #35,151 of 75,869
Haha yeah I saw those, taking 'thin' foam to the extreme.

Not sure what you'd get with those other than itchy ears but if someone wants to try em... :)

They might actually be very useful for double foaming... To add some bulk but not reduce treble then put donut over it. Hmm.

Might buy some lol

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #35,152 of 75,869
Haha yeah I saw those, taking 'thin' foam to the extreme.

Not sure what you'd get with those other than itchy ears but if someone wants to try em... :)

They might actually be very useful for double foaming... To add some bulk but not reduce treble then put donut over it. Hmm.

Might buy some lol

Just don't let the insects that ate them get into your ears! :)

Sep 16, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #35,154 of 75,869
Its my first purchase in aliexpress. I got the EB2 with the -25% discount. But it's been two days and it's still in "provider is processing your order". The last orange arrow is "correct payment" but still not in "sent". Is this normal? There's a 9 day countdown.

Sep 16, 2018 at 2:48 PM Post #35,155 of 75,869
Its my first purchase in aliexpress. I got the EB2 with the -25% discount. But it's been two days and it's still in "provider is processing your order". The last orange arrow is "correct payment" but still not in "sent". Is this normal? There's a 9 day countdown.

That is normal.. especially since it is the weekend. Do not worry.

Sep 16, 2018 at 2:57 PM Post #35,156 of 75,869
Hi all

A quick question for my Earbuds Roundup crew. I have K's 300 Samsara incoming. I may have come across a AK 100ii. Is the output on this and adequate source for them? I believe they are rated 2vrms, unbalanced, though I find I have had a hard time trying to find a conversion for an ohm range ...I also plan on getting the K's 600 or maybe the Puresounds100 500ohm at some point.

Currently I have an X5 gen 1. I have read this is a worthwhile upgrade but what I have read maybe quite dated...

Basically is this a decent option for what I am looking to drive/something in the $300-400cad range?
Any input/suggestions would greatly appreciated...

Thx!

:)

Sep 16, 2018 at 4:01 PM Post #35,157 of 75,869
Whats up guys, anyone here has Willsound buds? im interested in buying
I definitely find full foams increase the bass (via a better seal) and attenuate treble (foam between your ear and the driver) but to each their own.

I find the thin foams from AE add some bass and only take slightly from the treble so you get the best balance for earbuds that are tuned slightly more neutral or dark. Infact I never use full foams at all anymore really. Just donuts or thin foams, or modded full foams which don't really count as full foams after you mod 'em.

You'd like the AE thin foams that I got you to order for your BK, they may even sound good on the TM9. They really sound much better than the new monk thin foams IMO. No contest.

Full foams increase bass yes but not in a good way imo, they bloat it too much maybe becuase of the midbass who knows, and treble get hurt too, you lose more detail than sharpness. Donut is better in every way for me too since i find they tame the sharpness without losing much detail, cant say much about thin foams since i lost my few thin foams lol.

Sep 16, 2018 at 4:19 PM Post #35,158 of 75,869
let me ask again, anyone has any reccomendations for the equivalent of the HD650?
People have said Yinman 600 and Zen 2.0/ZOE have a similar tuning.
I have all three (HD650, Yinman 600 and Zen 2). The Yinman 600 has an airy sound like an open headphone and the Zen 2 has a warm sound, but otherwise I don't find either bud to be similar to the HD650. Sorry, but I don't have one to suggest. The HD650 is far superior to any of my earbuds (yet I do most of my listening on earbuds for comfort and convenience reasons).

Sep 16, 2018 at 4:37 PM Post #35,159 of 75,869
Hi all

A quick question for my Earbuds Roundup crew. I have K's 300 Samsara incoming. I may have come across a AK 100ii. Is the output on this and adequate source for them? I believe they are rated 2vrms, unbalanced, though I find I have had a hard time trying to find a conversion for an ohm range ...I also plan on getting the K's 600 or maybe the Puresounds100 500ohm at some point.

Currently I have an X5 gen 1. I have read this is a worthwhile upgrade but what I have read maybe quite dated...

Basically is this a decent option for what I am looking to drive/something in the $300-400cad range?
Any input/suggestions would greatly appreciated...

Thx!

:)
I owned ak120ii (tried it with Zen Black) which is better than 100ii. Both have weak amp and mid-fi sound in general. Definitely won't be enough for high ohm earbuds to their full potential. I would suggest some portable dac\amp+smartphone or cheap DAP like shanling m0. m1, ap60 etc... for example consider aks1305p - the best sound you can get under 400$.

IMG_20180115_182455.jpg

Sep 16, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #35,160 of 75,869
Whats up guys, anyone here has Willsound buds? im interested in buying

Full foams increase bass yes but not in a good way imo, they bloat it too much maybe becuase of the midbass who knows, and treble get hurt too, you lose more detail than sharpness. Donut is better in every way for me too since i find they tame the sharpness without losing much detail, cant say much about thin foams since i lost my few thin foams lol.
Not disagreeing I don't like full foams either :)

It's like listening under water the sound is too veiled!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back