Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 22, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #3,166 of 75,613

I have the Sunrise Feeling AS-2.  Good overall balanced sound, slightly smaller soundstage and has a microphone.

I don't listen to it much, I've had it on sale here a few times with no takers.

Can you kindly compare them to the Tomahawks? How well do they stack up?

Thank-you
Feeling2 dryer for my taste, could not fall in love with them. Although it tried, lol. For metal fans, I think it will be good, though

Hmm, are they good for vocals?

Mar 22, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #3,167 of 75,613
I've had 3 of them.
1. As feeling-2: a little bit dry, good detail but lack of bass. Sounds artificial with its dynamic driver

2. Mx98: cold, good detail & clarity. Wide soundstage, very good separation. Best for metal genre. In fact, it's on my Top 5 bud, together with zen & tomahawk.

3. Mx98s: has warmer soundstage than mx98. It's said to be the flagship of boarseman series and tune like senn mx985, but i think it's just a gimmick. It produce good sound, feels so relaxing. Mid centric (maybe), thick vocal. Less agressive for metal/progressive song.

Never try hifikiwi

Are the AS and MX98 good for vocals?

Mar 22, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #3,170 of 75,613
Playing around on Aliexpress.  Found these for a $1.48 (or $1.26 on 03/29).

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/MX500-In-ear-Headset-Earphone-Heavy-bass-Music-Wired-Headphone-with-volume-adjustment-for-MP3-Cellphone/32498425938.html

Look JUST like the Suvov S20.  Think I will have to order a pair just to check them out.

Nevermind, @golov17 says it is not such a good idea.

Mar 22, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #3,171 of 75,613
Mar 22, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #3,172 of 75,613
Once, I tried .. and they all went in the trash, lol. Although, I wish you to be more successful than I :raising_hand:

Ha!  Nevermind then!  Thanks for the heads up!  
wink.gif

--

Mar 22, 2016 at 1:17 PM Post #3,176 of 75,613
No, no. For vocal good Shozy DIY, IMHO

Hmm, alright, Thanks for the info mate!
They're not best for vocal. But out of 3 of them, mx98s has best vocal.
As v tomahawk: tomahawk far more better in all aspect, including vocal.
And if you're not a headbanger, don't bother to try mx98
smily_headphones1.gif

So meaning the Tomahawks will outperform all 3 of the buds?

Mar 22, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #3,177 of 75,613
It's awfully temping golov17 but considering I already have 2 wonderful portable amps... I'm not sure I can convince myself to get it
Well, let it be for those who are looking for first compact amplifier with two outputs "zero" and "plus 100 Ohm", also works 80 hours on a single charge, and with a removable battery Samsung mobile phone :grinning:

Mar 22, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #3,178 of 75,613
Wow! A lot happening on this thread while I'm away!

About me doing reviews, I've sort of become too lazy to take the time to write 'em. :p
But I'm happy to share my impressions.

About midcentric earbuds, I find Yuin PK2 & 3 and even more so Sunrise AS-Feeling or Asura 2 to be midcentric. Lows and highs give way to mids in a way that it doesn't on Tomahawk. Tomahawk keeps a good balance between all frequencies even if mids are sweet sounding and therefor come slightly in focus.

About Gramo One vs Zen 1, they are not very similar. Both have great detail but Zen 1 has got a more full sound while Gramo One is more analytical. Tomahawk works for any genre so you should try that one.

Also, Easy earphone has got Ting on sale for $77 on the Aliexpress app.

I think that's all for now...

Mar 22, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #3,179 of 75,613
Wow! A lot happening on this thread while I'm away!

About me doing reviews, I've sort of become too lazy to take the time to write 'em. :p
But I'm happy to share my impressions.

About midcentric earbuds, I find Yuin PK2 & 3 and even more so Sunrise AS-Feeling or Asura 2 to be midcentric. Lows and highs give way to mids in a way that it doesn't on Tomahawk. Tomahawk keeps a good balance between all frequencies even if mids are sweet sounding and therefor come slightly in focus.

About Gramo One vs Zen 1, they are not very similar. Both have great detail but Zen 1 has got a more full sound while Gramo One is more analytical. Tomahawk works for any genre so you should try that one.

Also, Easy earphone has got Ting on sale for $77 on the Aliexpress app.

I think that's all for now...

Is your Sunrise AS Feeling I or II?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back