Earbuds Round-Up
May 20, 2018 at 8:35 AM Post #31,171 of 75,148
The Black Panther has landed ! ! :wink:

IMG_20180520_112056.jpg

May 20, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #31,175 of 75,148
One down, one to go!

20180520_162641.jpg

Looks the same size in the picture but actually it's about 1m smaller in diameter. Fits more comfortably and seals best with heigi full foam now. No pressure on the ear with these foams like before.

Last edited:
May 20, 2018 at 12:49 PM Post #31,176 of 75,148
Kanzenoka Parangtritis. Excellent separation of vocals and instruments, pace, rhythm and timing among the best I´ve heard so far. Clear and clean treble, very clean mids. For lovers of jazz it´s a dream come true, but for all other genres it sounds also superb. A steal for the price.

IMG_0617.JPG IMG_0618.JPG IMG_0619.JPG IMG_0620.JPG

May 20, 2018 at 1:32 PM Post #31,177 of 75,148
What buds are those?

They’re a Wong Kwan Wae creation/mod of I think a Docomo earbud that I believe is available in China only at the moment.
So yes , @seanc6441 you called it right they’re a Blur! :wink: :)

Last edited:
May 20, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #31,179 of 75,148
One down, one to go!

Looks the same size in the picture but actually it's about 1m smaller in diameter. Fits more comfortably and seals best with heigi full foam now. No pressure on the ear with these foams like before.

What exactly are you doing with your BS1s here? Love the sound sig when it's wedged correctly but having major fit issues...

May 20, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #31,180 of 75,148
What exactly are you doing with your BS1s here? Love the sound sig when it's wedged correctly but having major fit issues...
I believe he is reshaping the bell to reduce the size. I did the same thing recently with some emx500 shells. It's not the front of the bud that sits closest to your ear drum that is the problem. It is the area in the back closest to the wire that presses against the outer ear... This is where my ears hurt when the shell is too big ..

May 20, 2018 at 4:07 PM Post #31,182 of 75,148
Here is a pic of the reshaped shells

I also had some experiences with sanding MX shells (front part in particular). They are a disaster to clean afterwards because a lot of the fine particles ends up in the vent holes - possibly some in the damping material that can't really be removed. Front holes are fine, everything that enters can easily leave afterwards and these membranes are not sensitive to extremely small particles.

I keep wishing for earbuds that could easily be modified and it's not happening. Problem is as always, drivers that are glued in the front plastic - these are often very hard to remove, almost always results in a broken front cover or broken coil wires. Broken front covers are easy to replace though.

May 20, 2018 at 4:42 PM Post #31,183 of 75,148
Thanks!...thought I recognised them lol! Wish they were available in the UK! :)
They are if you contact Wong through Facebook and private mssg him (Earbuds Anonymous group) that’s how I got mine from him directly.

May 20, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #31,184 of 75,148
oh you don’t wanna know... Let’s just say it involves sandpaper and the will to devalue your earbuds :ksc75smile:

Basically I’ve sanded the edges down a bit but sadly the back piece is actually metal so it won’t sand much but the other part is plastic and easily can be take down.

I tried my best to keep the form of the earbud by sanding at two angles first then finish with a flat sand to remove any rough edges.

It’s actually more comfortable now despite only being 1mm less in diameter. I think that was just enough to take pressure off my ear.

May 20, 2018 at 5:26 PM Post #31,185 of 75,148
I believe he is reshaping the bell to reduce the size. I did the same thing recently with some emx500 shells. It's not the front of the bud that sits closest to your ear drum that is the problem. It is the area in the back closest to the wire that presses against the outer ear... This is where my ears hurt when the shell is too big ..
This guy knows his stuff. Usually you don’t wanna mess with the curve of the front at all, it’s tuned to sound well with that face surface. But if you can take some off the back or back-top it’s ideal to reduce the bulky earbuds.

I barely sanded the front to keep the general dimensions the same but took most of the sanding off the back and top.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back