Earbuds Round-Up
May 16, 2018 at 10:06 AM Post #31,081 of 75,380
May 16, 2018 at 10:13 AM Post #31,083 of 75,380
Is that them? I thought the Ling. Black Ling and Poseidon were all different buds? :)
That's the black ling yeah, poseidon has an open vent on the back in the shape of a trident and it has a silver/gold or platinum shell.

The lings are brass, the white is shiny silver and the black is a shiny gunmetal gray finish.

May 16, 2018 at 10:45 AM Post #31,084 of 75,380
That's the black ling yeah, poseidon has an open vent on the back in the shape of a trident and it has a silver/gold or platinum shell.

The lings are brass, the white is shiny silver and the black is a shiny gunmetal gray finish.

Open vent on an earbud? Issa yikes - I like having maybe a little isolation (as much as you get with most of these things anyway); do the Poseidons leak much sound or would I be better off getting a Ling if in the market for a TOTL K's bud?

May 16, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #31,085 of 75,380
Open vent on an earbud? Issa yikes - I like having maybe a little isolation (as much as you get with most of these things anyway); do the Poseidons leak much sound or would I be better off getting a Ling if in the market for a TOTL K's bud?

Sorry to spoil your fun, but I recently messaged the seller and he said the Poseidon was no longer for sale :frowning2:

May 16, 2018 at 10:59 AM Post #31,088 of 75,380
He mentioned how he had only made those for close friends. They were on sale for a brief period of time and ClieOS got one of those, but I guess he no longer makes those :frowning2:

looks like @seanc6441 timed his purchase pretty damn well if so - they're no longer K's flagship model it seems, oh well :frowning2:

May 16, 2018 at 11:25 AM Post #31,090 of 75,380
looks like @seanc6441 timed his purchase pretty damn well if so - they're no longer K's flagship model it seems, oh well :frowning2:
Yes the Lings are not limited like the Poseidon AFAIK. I'm sure they will still be available during the next sale even.

I did time it well on account of it being on sale though, the rrp is too pricey on these, you do pay it seems for the brass shell and gold silver plated cable and not just the SQ alone. I feel like the sale price I paid is about represetive of the SQ.

Last edited:
May 16, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #31,092 of 75,380
I can't check the mojito right now, but you could try listening to live binaural recordings and check if the soundstage "meets" in the middle/in front of our face between the left and right ears ( i usually use this Amber Rubarth's song to check )

a good cans should produce a complete circular /oval soundstage. I suspect the Ling has this.

Will do so :) I'll let you know when I test it!

May 16, 2018 at 1:32 PM Post #31,093 of 75,380
Most earbuds have an open vent, it still have a filter on it I'm sure. What I meant was that the lings are not vented at all on the back. Only through the stem. So with thin foams you get enough air but will thicker foams it's like a closed back sound and creates pressure in the ear with its strong bass. Some like thins feeling, I do not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back