Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 25, 2018 at 10:44 AM Post #27,541 of 75,869
IMG_6226.JPG

My NOS Crossroads HR1 arrived today

... the 10 year old sponge that came in the box disintegrated :sweat_smile:

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #27,542 of 75,869
if you already have EMX500, then RX-1 and TP16 would be a sidegrade. if you still would try them and choose only one, i suggest you try the RX, because it sounds different to the EMX, and also it has different form factor, whereas the TP16 is similar both in sound and the same form as the EMX. Different is good...you just might like them or find them better on a different scenario
Good advice, RX1 and EMX500 are different enough to make sense for a side grade. Otherwise you may as well save money for upgrade.

Jan 25, 2018 at 11:01 AM Post #27,543 of 75,869
IMG_6230b.JPG

Curiosity killed the earbuds

Notes:
They didn't use Yuin PK1 drivers in CrossRoads HR1.
Two of the exposed holes are blocked by a guiding feature from the back cover.
The exact impedance of HR1 is 155ohm.
Compared to the two exposed openings at the back of PK1, one of the openings at the back of HR1 is blocked by plastic.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #27,545 of 75,869
Glad to see Auglamour RX-1 occasionally making a comeback here. After months spent with EMX500 and RX-1, although I prefer emx500's extensions on both ends, RX-1 just has a better overall resolution and mid-range performance that is very hard to beat. Like many people, I've had a couple of revelations in terms of fitting RX-1 which made the biggest difference in the end.
The driver is also much better on RX-1, you can amp it a lot without any distortion while EMX struggles to maintain bass stability even on low gain - nothing severe just shows the driver quality in comparison. This gives RX-1 a lot of potential for EQ-ing down in combination with an amp which can change the perception of extensions and bring it closer to EMX while maintaining that beautiful vocal/instrument presentation (you can try to EQ up in a typical V shape fashion but this is something that I can never recommend due to loss of quality).

RX-1 is underrated for a reason though, some people struggle to find a good fit with it, but others just fall in love with this gem of an earbud.

Jan 25, 2018 at 1:52 PM Post #27,546 of 75,869
The TP16 is an underrated and pleasant earbud, performing above it's cost. The issue, however, is so are the EMX500 & RX1. I agree that there's no real need for TP16 except either collection purposes or bassy EQ as mine responds better than my EMX500 in this respect.

The RX1 without question is an excellent choice for those seeking a vocals based earbud in the budget range. It has a very interesting set of accessories, a phenomenal build quality, and strictly speaking from a detail perspective is outstanding for the price. Bassheads will find it lacking.

I still also suggest **** PT15 for those treble-heads out there.

Jan 25, 2018 at 7:36 PM Post #27,548 of 75,869
question..
1.can you re-cable hifiman es100?
2. Anyone has listen to sharp MD earbud? good cheap budget or trash?

I have the MDs, to me it's good budget buds like the vido, that on fact i bought a couple to put strategically around the house. Sound similar to monks with better bass extension and quantity. I prefer the MD than the monks

Jan 25, 2018 at 7:37 PM Post #27,549 of 75,869
Listening 90s grunge/alternative with the RX-1 is bliss

Jan 25, 2018 at 7:51 PM Post #27,550 of 75,869
This post was in response to Antdroid. He bought the Masya/BS1 off my recommendation a short time ago and seems to prefer the Masya.

I’m just glad he liked earbuds :)

Heh just to be clear, I had the Masya's already but you definitely convinced me to get the BS1s. :)

I ended up selling the BS1 last week though. They are great for what they are, but just wasnt exactly what I was looking for. I picked up a set of Noble X IEMs with the funding and they are fantastic. Never thought I'd like IEMs but here we are....

I am considering selling the Masya's as well and just moving up to Mojito class. I've gotten a bunch of offers for them but I've chickened out on selling because it's hard to part with these ones. They are also my wireless ear buds for working out when I use them with the bt adapter.

Jan 25, 2018 at 8:34 PM Post #27,551 of 75,869
Heh just to be clear, I had the Masya's already but you definitely convinced me to get the BS1s. :)

I ended up selling the BS1 last week though. They are great for what they are, but just wasnt exactly what I was looking for. I picked up a set of Noble X IEMs with the funding and they are fantastic. Never thought I'd like IEMs but here we are....

I am considering selling the Masya's as well and just moving up to Mojito class. I've gotten a bunch of offers for them but I've chickened out on selling because it's hard to part with these ones. They are also my wireless ear buds for working out when I use them with the bt adapter.
Whoops I think I was mistaking you for someone else then :)

Yeah if you do get the Mojito I’d love to hear your impressions. Make sure to get the latest version I think the build quality is better than the original Mojito.

Jan 25, 2018 at 8:51 PM Post #27,553 of 75,869
My Moondrop Nameless arrived broken. :triportsad: The stem from the bud was cracked. The box it came in was sealed and not damaged.

I bought it from AliExpress, so didn't bother with the hassle/cost of returning them.
Did you notify the seller? If an item of low cost comes damaged or broken, there are times when the seller won’t ask you to return it, just prove that it’s broken and send you a new one. Wild Lee from VE just has you make a video of yourself cutting the item into pieces and send it to him.

Jan 25, 2018 at 11:57 PM Post #27,554 of 75,869
My Moondrop Nameless arrived broken. :triportsad: The stem from the bud was cracked. The box it came in was sealed and not damaged.

I bought it from AliExpress, so didn't bother with the hassle/cost of returning them.

always record the unboxing, so you have proof when making a complaint to the seller. some seller would settle with sending a new one or refund without the need to return the broken unit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back