Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 24, 2018 at 5:54 AM Post #27,496 of 75,870
Another thing: no more Ali express for us Swedes. The Swedish state has in all its wisdom decided to put a stop to Swedes buying cheaps stuff from Chinese online sellers. From March (?) a fee of 125 SEK (about $15.50) for ALL parcels from China, no matter the stated value. That fee used to only be added to parcels with a stated value over ~$40. But now it will not matter if the stated value is $3. You will still have to pay $15.50 to get your package.

That can be acceptable if you buy something like Moondrop Liebsleid and the seller puts $10 as the value. But not if you buy a pair of VE Monk or something like that.

Feels like living in a goddamn communist country. I'll be sticking to Ebay and mainly European sellers from now on...

Ouch! I suspect this might happen in more EU countries before long.

Jan 24, 2018 at 7:16 AM Post #27,498 of 75,870
For Mojito & Masya User,

I recommend you should use this audio-technica foam > http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOACS-22572
It does create a much more pleasant sound without changing the signature much.
YES! You’re comment gave me the idea to use the VE Ex pack full foams (they look very similar in composition to these ATH foams, they must be less dense than stock Masya foams but still medium density.

Now the tonality is the right amount of brightness!!! I’ve literally tried over 30 foams on these things with no luck on getting that ‘right’ sound until now...

I usually hate full foams but these just work... Now I can use these Masya’s if I want a brighter sound but the midrange sounds pretty nice now! Definitely a massive improvement over any other foam I’ve tried.

Thank you for the advice and also the recommendation of smartphone a short while ago :)

You’re the man (/woman?)! lol

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2018 at 7:23 AM Post #27,499 of 75,870
Just got into the earbud game, ordered a penon bs1 official for my bday gift.
Great choice I hope the cable isn’t too heavy for you (I found it slightly annoying at times but managable) but the sound is amazing for the price! Happy Birthday!

Jan 24, 2018 at 9:52 AM Post #27,502 of 75,870
I don't have one that is bright but did have one before which was the dunu alpha1
I’m surprised yo don’t find the Masya bright even a little bit, especially with the thin foams!

Have you ever heard the Toneking Tomahawk? That’s a fairly bright sound but to me about the same as the Masya just with a slightly more grainy high’s.

I’m keeping my Masya now (not sure what to do with the second one lol) because the VE full thick foams were a game changer for the tonality, but it’s still one of my brighter earbuds overall, very clean clear sound though and I’m happy to have the contrast to my usual signatures of my other buds. Also I find the treble very pleasant which is unusual in a bright earbud, it’s easily tamed with foams and extended nicely.

Radiohead’s ‘paranoid android’ is my go to treble testing track, if you can handle that track with a bright earbud you know it’s tuned very well in the high’s.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2018 at 10:03 AM Post #27,503 of 75,870
I’m surprised yo don’t find the Masya bright even a little bit, especially with the thin foams!

Have you ever heard the Toneking Tomahawk? That’s a fairly bright sound but to me about the same as the Masya just with a slightly more grainy high’s.

I’m keeping my Masya now (not sure what to do with the second one lol) because the VE full thick foams were a game changer for the tonality, but it’s still one of my brighter earbuds overall, very clean clear sound though and I’m happy to have the contrast to my usual signatures of my other buds. Also I find the treble very pleasant which is unusual in a bright earbud, it’s easily tamed with foams and extended nicely.

Radiohead’s ‘paranoid android’ is my go to treble testing track, if you can handle that track with a bright earbud you know it’s tuned very well in the high’s.

The masya is my favorite ear bud I've tried thus far. I can deal with it with donuts but I think it sounds better with the full foam. I use the VE Foams that came with the espresso monks. It's a brighter ear bud, but it's not ear piercing bright to me at all.

Jan 24, 2018 at 10:10 AM Post #27,504 of 75,870
The masya is my favorite ear bud I've tried thus far. I can deal with it with donuts but I think it sounds better with the full foam. I use the VE Foams that came with the espresso monks. It's a brighter ear bud, but it's not ear piercing bright to me at all.
The VE thick foams? (thicker than the super thin foams supplied too) That’s what I’m using.

Lucky you picked those I’ve tried a gazillion foams with my Masya and most either dulled the clarity or were too thin and made the mids screech with brightness. But these foams are perfect. The donuts didn’t do it for me with the masya, too thin on the mids and less balance overall.

It’s no wonder you preferred the Masya over the BS1 I thought you were mad but I understand now with these foams, the Masya is very pleasant sounding and I now enjoy all three of my premium earbuds each with their own strenghts.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2018 at 10:20 AM Post #27,505 of 75,870
The VE thick foams? (thicker than the super thin foams supplied too) That’s what I’m using.

Lucky you picked those I’ve tried a gazillion foams with my Masya and most either dulled the clarity or were too thin and made the mids screech with brightness. But these foams are perfect. The donuts didn’t do it for me with the masya, too thin on the mids and less balance overall.

It’s no wonder you preferred the Masya over the BS1 I thought you were mad but I understand now with these foams, the Masya is very pleasant sounding and I now enjoy all three of my premium earbuds each with their own strenghts.

I switch back and forth between thick/thin. There are very subtle differences to me. I prefer the thick for comfort/fit though.

Jan 24, 2018 at 11:19 AM Post #27,506 of 75,870

+1

Jan 24, 2018 at 11:56 AM Post #27,508 of 75,870

I have the mojito not mayasa

Jan 24, 2018 at 12:07 PM Post #27,509 of 75,870
I have VE donuts and full foams and Heigi/Feng donuts and full foams. What are some of the other 28 kinds? If you just highlight a few of the best/most interesting/most unusual that would be fine
Combinations and my rough estimate lol

So like I tried thin foams and donut over it, etc, etc.

Jan 24, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #27,510 of 75,870
I have the mojito not mayasa
This post was in response to Antdroid. He bought the Masya/BS1 off my recommendation a short time ago and seems to prefer the Masya.

I’m just glad he liked earbuds :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back