Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 17, 2018 at 9:24 AM Post #27,226 of 75,209
Svara-L has 2 version; normal and pro. Normal uses silver-coloured grille while Pro uses black-coloured grille.

svara 2 version.jpg

Jan 17, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #27,228 of 75,209
Svara-L has 2 version; normal and pro. Normal uses silver-coloured grille while Pro uses black-coloured grille.

Any idea what difference there is between the two, other than the grille colour? I don't recall seeing the pro version on Ali, it is a Taobao item?

I have to say that I was considering the Svara-L when I first joined this thread and might still go for it. I like the impressions given on here.

Jan 17, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #27,230 of 75,209
Share ZoomFred...
After getting input from several member, this has been finalize on the tuning.

I would say it has a big sound stage with authority in every Freq. a bit warm n sweet and fun to listen to.

Between these and the K's buds (whichever I decide), I'm going to be running low. :money_mouth:

I've even been considering repurchasing the Liebesleid in balanced. I feel I did it a disservice with my impressions, since AMP1 unbalanced out is my least favorite output. Right now, CampFred 2 sounds AMAZING through AMP4 (with thick foams). I prefer it for metal over my Z1R. Really thick and heavy sound. :metal:

VE Basic Cable : Espresso is the pure copper $10. It might be fit your bills as the lowest price. :ok_hand:

Honestly, I really hate the expresso's cable color. I might just go for the SPC despite my earlier statement, since it will look better with the Svara's as well. I can always upgrade the cable later anyway.

Any idea what difference there is between the two, other than the grille colour? I don't recall seeing the pro version on Ali, it is a Taobao item?

I have to say that I was considering the Svara-L when I first joined this thread and might still go for it. I like the impressions given on here.

I don't see it on Ali either. All these different versions are making me hesitant. Might just choose the cheapest possible option as well...

Jan 17, 2018 at 1:59 PM Post #27,231 of 75,209

[Pic redacted]

Gah, isn't it in everyone's best interest that this info get disseminated? Why keep it secret? If not secret, it was certainly hard to find, seeing as how this is news to me after spending the last two weeks casting my search net as wide as I could.

Surely there are internal differences to go along with the blingin' gold grill?

I don't see it on Ali either. All these different versions are making me hesitant. Might just choose the cheapest possible option as well...

Exactly! It's such bad business practice. I'd pay a $35 premium if there was a clear difference in sound quality, or even a clear difference in tuning that I preferred. But how can I have any idea what I just paid for? Buying new gear in this hobby is enough of a gamble already without these extra shenanigans.

I'm wondering if I shouldn't cancel my order until (if) I ever get a grasp on this. It's my first aliexpress order and I've read it's a mixed bag when it comes to making a return.

Just mind-boggling how hard they're making it to buy anything with confidence. Obviously it's well-known that audiophiles tend not to second-guess their decisions or suffer buyer's remorse.
:xf_eek:

UPDATE: I saw in the email from aliexpress that it will take 24 hours for my payment to be verified, so I have time to back out if I choose to. Does anybody have any more information about the myriad different Svara-L versions? Do they all sound the same, provided I have an appropriate amp for the impedance?

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #27,232 of 75,209
Thanks man.
Did the above Tinaudio T2 cable is insulated then?
**** PT-15 cable don't look insulated....should exchange cable perhaps.

PS: I think that they are, with 30$ silver plated cable it have a little space in conenction, and with the T2 it do not have one....okay, will plug it right away, if I survive, will confirm this!

EDIT: Tinaudio T2 cable solve the problem. No shock treatment anymore. I'm alive! I'm alive!

Both of your cables have plastic over the outside (-) connection.
Also, the PT15 uses red & blue plastic bushings, between the MMCX connector, and the earbud housing.
If you take an Ohmmeter, you should find that the (+) & (-) signals are completely isolated from the housing.

The type that I've installed on my VE Espresso 2.5mm Balanced cable, has a metal outer shell, which means the (-) signal comes into contact with my head / ears.
(NOTE: With Single-ended wiring, both sides have the same (-) signal, but with Balanced wiring, the (-) signals are not the same, so you can get current flow between them.)

HTB1mRPgOXXXXXa4apXXq6xXFXXXV.jpg

Jan 17, 2018 at 3:00 PM Post #27,233 of 75,209
Aiwa Hp-D9 has 13 mins left on ebay, will break $600 USD most likely. In case anyone needs it.

Crazy price!

I got my pair for around €115 about 5-6 years ago. One diaphragm had a hole in it but I "fixed" that with some scotch tape over the hole.

I should have kept my vintage Sony earbuds and waited for the prices to rise instead of selling them 1 year ago. But then again, I used that money for CAX Red Dragon...

Jan 17, 2018 at 3:40 PM Post #27,234 of 75,209
Crazy price!

I got my pair for around €115 about 5-6 years ago. One diaphragm had a hole in it but I "fixed" that with some scotch tape over the hole.

I should have kept my vintage Sony earbuds and waited for the prices to rise instead of selling them 1 year ago. But then again, I used that money for CAX Red Dragon...

For that price, I'd much rather see what Herry can do for me. It's a shame how much prices rise in these circumstances. Maybe I'll get lucky and the MX985 price will rise enough that I'll finally sell mine.

Jan 17, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #27,235 of 75,209
money for CAX Red Dragon

Sounds like it was worth it to you. I'm not theoretically opposed to spending that much if it lives up to the hype, I have more of a practical concern. I'm worried that if I don't like it, there probably isn't much of a resale market, even if I were to write off 1/3 of the cost to depreciation. There's a finite number of people who are the right kind of crazy to even entertain the idea of dropping $400+ on a pair of secondhand earbuds, and I doubt very many of them actually have $400. Worse still, the potential buyer pool is going to be one man smaller after that Aiwa auction ends.

Does anyone else want to take the plunge? If it doesn't work out for you I might take a chance on yours at that 33% discount :) Writing off a third of that price if I want to resell is still pretty steep, but the second third is a little easier to swallow. By the third owner there's hardly any risk at all, at 4/9 the original price, beyond opportunity costs. What are the chances of it getting much farther than that in the first place, if the Dragons are anywhere around as amazing as advertised?

Aiwa Hp-D9 has 13 mins left on ebay, will break $600 USD most likely. In case anyone needs it.

What's up with that price? I'm sure they sound great and all, and maybe the higher bidders are collectors who get as much pleasure from owning them as they would from listening to them, if they even plan on listening to them. I know it's not just about sound quality, but still.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2018 at 5:28 PM Post #27,236 of 75,209
Sounds like it was worth it to you. I'm not theoretically opposed to spending that much if it lives up to the hype, I have more of a practical concern. I'm worried that if I don't like it, there probably isn't much of a resale market, even if I were to write off 1/3 of the cost to depreciation. There's a finite number of people who are the right kind of crazy to even entertain the idea of dropping $400+ on a pair of secondhand earbuds, and I doubt very many of them actually have $400. Worse still, the potential buyer pool is going to be one man smaller after that Aiwa auction ends.

Does anyone else want to take the plunge? If it doesn't work out for you I might take a chance on yours at that 33% discount :) Writing off a third of that price if I want to resell is still pretty steep, but the second third is a little easier to swallow. By the third owner there's hardly any risk at all, at 4/9 the original price, beyond opportunity costs. What are the chances of it getting much farther than that in the first place, if the Dragons are anywhere around as amazing as advertised?

What's up with that price? I'm sure they sound great and all, and maybe the higher bidders are collectors who get as much pleasure from owning them as they would from listening to them, if they even plan on listening to them. I know it's not just about sound quality, but still.

Red Dragon are definite keepers. Truly out of the head, out of this world amazing performance by them. But the cable is so stiff that I'm afraid the drivers will be damaged if I use them outside. There isn't much stress relief on them. But I suppose that they are a sort of dynamic driver earbud equivalent of Stax headphones - best used in the comfort and silence of your home.

The soundstage of Aiwa HP D9 is truly great, by the way. But they are the most bass aenemic earbuds I've heard. Aiwa and Sony truly created great earbuds back in the 80's & 90's. Too bad they abandoned the high end earbuds game. It took something like 15 years for earbuds (Yuin around 2006/2007) to come close to the old Sonys and Aiwas.
But these days, since around 2015, is just crazy with one amazing earbud after the other being released. I sort of gave up on Crow Audio Raven and consider myself content with what I have at the moment.

But I keep following this thread. And yeah, I was very tempted at buying Penon BS1...

Anyway, if you can find a pair of top end Aiwas (HP D9, V9 or V99) or a pair of Sony MDR E252, 282 or 484 for a good price, please do buy them. Nowadays those earbuds are collectors items and can be a good investment.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2018 at 5:38 PM Post #27,238 of 75,209
IRM acoustics £500, ZhiYin Z5000 £43.66 .... I prefer the ZhiYin . Love both iems but as I previous pushed the TinAudio T2 (which I still think it is great) Chi-Fi is brilliant and I am going to share something amazing in a few days

What you thought Trinity Bob was giving you some sort of deal :) So, this new amazing thing is what - earbud, in-ear, or something else? Posting in here seems earbud?

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2018 at 8:06 PM Post #27,239 of 75,209
I would like to be the first to go on record with a custom Shozy BK :ksc75smile:

Instead of buying new earbuds, I am refining the ones I already own and turning them into one of a kind, masterpieces

I am calling them The Black Knights..

Shozy BK SPC.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2018 at 8:13 PM Post #27,240 of 75,209
I would like to be the first to go on record with a custom Shozy BK :ksc75smile:

Instead of buying new earbuds, I am refining the ones I already own and turning them into one of a kind, masterpieces

I am calling them The Black Knights..

But, but the original cable is so nice... xD

Appropriately named :)

So I’m someone who’s not got the experience with enough hifi cables or done any a/b testing to have an opinion on cables myself.

But I’ll ask you yours! Do you hear any difference after changing the cable? Or was it purely for aesthetics?

Speaking of such you may have seen shozy released a new version of the BK with a new cable. May be interesting to hear impressions on that if anyone will buy it!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back