Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 15, 2017 at 6:49 PM Post #26,191 of 75,405
Hurry! There are only 10 left.

Oh no! They do not ship to my location :frowning2:

My favorite part... product questions and answers:

Question:
Will this turn my Toshiba 32 inch CRT into an LG 65 inch 4k?
Answer:
This cable defies logic. Because it conducts electricity so fast it warps space and time and may expand the space so your 32 inch looks bigger. Trouble is it also distorts reality.
So suggest save your money go to dollar store and buy an HDMI cable and with the saved cash buy a new 65 inch 4K.
HDMI is digital, 1;s and zeros. It either works or it does not. All or nothing. The encoding algorithm of HDMI reduces data transitions. If you have a marginal cable you may see white sparkels on video due to minor data loss. All these high end cables are just snake oil hype. But then this particular cable may be infused with alien technology...or not. see less
By moose on August 17, 2016
See more answers (2)

But I already drank the cool aide?

Dec 15, 2017 at 8:11 PM Post #26,192 of 75,405
I only change cables if the stock one breaks or is too long, too short, ugly or annoying in some way. I do not expect sound changes and I do not spend a huge amount of money. Most of the cables I have changed have been with headphones as those are the ones that may not have the length I want.

I changed the cable on my KZ ZS6 to improve comfort....plus it looks a little nicer as well.

I have not changed any bud cables. I think only have one that is removable.
what is yr impression of the KZ ZS6 sound vs graphene?

Dec 15, 2017 at 8:24 PM Post #26,193 of 75,405
what is yr impression of the KZ ZS6 sound vs graphene?

I will not even attempt to compare an IEM with a bud. You have never expressed interest in IEMs before. Are you interested? If you are, there are a few threads for those.

Dec 15, 2017 at 8:25 PM Post #26,194 of 75,405
OMG.. Why this thread runs wild off-topic. In Head-fi there are many cable threads, please look around there. Scientifically, as long as you don't try abx test or buy a FR measurement device for testing, you don't know true. The person who tried many enough test cases, never blame. The person who never tried or just tried a few categorized test cases but read other articles enough which could be bias experiment always blame with their own convincing knowledge.

Finally this is just hobby. Buy something you likes. Sell something you don't wanna own.

Dec 16, 2017 at 1:32 AM Post #26,197 of 75,405
In my modest opinion... the graphene, new or old etc, is way more pleasurable to my ears than KZ ZS6, better balance and no piercing high treble.. sound stage, out of the head experience is much better!
Fit and isolation... all factors that brings up completely different discussion and need/preference and therefore not really fair to compare IEM's vs, earbuds! I use both for different needs and situations, none is better than the other!

Dec 16, 2017 at 1:51 AM Post #26,198 of 75,405
In my modest opinion... the graphene, new or old etc, is way more pleasurable to my ears than KZ ZS6, better balance and no piercing high treble.. sound stage, out of the head experience is much better!
Fit and isolation... all factors that brings up completely different discussion and need/preference and therefore not really fair to compare IEM's vs, earbuds! I use both for different needs and situations, none is better than the other!
the problem with iem is soundstage.. not very wide..

Dec 16, 2017 at 1:53 AM Post #26,199 of 75,405
After all of that pt15 higher end energy goodness, putting the warmer Seahf 150's into my ears was an "Ahhhh, that feels good" kinda experience :)

Dec 16, 2017 at 2:04 AM Post #26,201 of 75,405
Dec 16, 2017 at 2:16 AM Post #26,202 of 75,405
:beerchug:

That never hurts the SQ lol
:beerchug:
I guess I have to try out those PT15 you have been ranting about for so long, cheap, and most likely similar prices or less to whatever alcoholic fluids that you're enjoying in you cold neck of the woods :wink: while listening to various guitar riffs!
Cheers mate!

Dec 16, 2017 at 5:28 AM Post #26,203 of 75,405
My edifier h101 just arrived. I agree the comparison to ty32. Same brightness but cleaner highs. Also slight emphasis on lower highs and more air over ty32. Bass is lower than ty32. Quality are on par.not very textured. Just an early impression with stock foams. I really like the extended highs reminds me of Sennheiser sound. Mids is ok. Separation and imaging are decent enough and punch way above price. Overall a bright and clear earbud.

Will burn and put semi porous foams and amp when I get back home.

Dec 16, 2017 at 8:21 AM Post #26,204 of 75,405
OMG.. Why this thread runs wild off-topic. In Head-fi there are many cable threads, please look around there. Scientifically, as long as you don't try abx test or buy a FR measurement device for testing, you don't know true. The person who tried many enough test cases, never blame. The person who never tried or just tried a few categorized test cases but read other articles enough which could be bias experiment always blame with their own convincing knowledge.

Finally this is just hobby. Buy something you likes. Sell something you don't wanna own.

Just to clarify I was talking about digital cable not earbud/headphone analog cable. I definitely don’t know or have not experienced enough about that area to have any beliefs on it.

Or maybe your comment is directed elsewhere. Either way let's move on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back