Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 4, 2017 at 8:42 PM Post #24,406 of 75,326
I like to point out that the emx500 they have a lot of this "background sound/ surround effect ".. which makes them not so forward like other Punchy type earbuds like the monk. In yr face vs out of yr head

THis makes them idela for watching movies. Anyone knows any other earbiuds which have same background sound but a bit layered highs mids and lows in the clear? Eg. as in when a sudden comes on like a basy sound or metallic sound u can hear them with a pronounced effect and with transparency detail and weight.

The last time i remmeber this was with the Melectronics M9 , IEM.

Nov 4, 2017 at 8:45 PM Post #24,407 of 75,326
Ak diy MX760 graphene sale is starting soon .....in 7 days from now

Excellent! I trust you'll be jumping on the graphene hype bullettrain? :bullettrain_side:

Nov 4, 2017 at 9:08 PM Post #24,408 of 75,326
Excellent! I trust you'll be jumping on the graphene hype bullettrain? :bullettrain_side:

Maybe... but i guess i wont like the spound as certain reviews say they are a bit forward sounding ( eg. monks?) ..

I am this preferences which is similar tot he emx 500. Articulated 3 layer sound ( highs, mids lows) , lot of background surround, sub bass and sparkle type of person

Nov 4, 2017 at 10:37 PM Post #24,409 of 75,326
I like to point out that the emx500 they have a lot of this "background sound/ surround effect ".. which makes them not so forward like other Punchy type earbuds like the monk. In yr face vs out of yr head

THis makes them idela for watching movies. Anyone knows any other earbiuds which have same background sound but a bit layered highs mids and lows in the clear? Eg. as in when a sudden comes on like a basy sound or metallic sound u can hear them with a pronounced effect and with transparency detail and weight.

The last time i remmeber this was with the Melectronics M9 , IEM.

Rose Masya, except the vocals lack weight and instead sound clear and bright.

Everything else has nice authority though whilst also retaining transparency and airy quality you want from the emx500.

Then again I'm sure there's cheaper options with the same effect.

To me rose masya is lacking in vocal body/weight to an extent that's almost unforgivable from a TOTL(ish) earbud. This couldbe an unfortunate pairing with my iphone 6s but I've had 10 earbuds now and none of them are as lacking in vocal body as the Masya.

It's crystal clear with thin foams, but no amount of foam will completely save it and you sacrifice too much clarity trying to thicken up the foams.

Masya is excellent at everything else though. Just my personal tastes require the vocals to be much fuller more akin to the shozy cygnus if using now and probably the stardust ill have soon. If the masya had thick vocals and you could use it with thin monk foams and donut on top it would be the best earbud under 100 for me.

Why rose why!! The masya is almost amazing for me, albeit I prefer the shozy sound signature for musicality so I know i'm gonna love the stardust the most (probably).

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2017 at 10:46 PM Post #24,410 of 75,326
@seanc6441, got your graphenes yet?

I can't wait to get the Seahf 150C's so that I can start hyping them to you as well (although you'll prolly need an amp to make them shine) :sunglasses:

Nov 4, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #24,411 of 75,326

I can't wait to get the Seahf 150C's so that I can start hyping them to you as well (although you'll prolly need an amp to make them shine) :sunglasses:
Nope still waiting. My stardust should arrive this week though. Heard someone say they are similar to the Graphene? You can let us know!

@SweetEars Oh you don't like forward mids? maybe not the Masya then, it's pretty forward in mids and vocals

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2017 at 11:02 PM Post #24,412 of 75,326
Nope still waiting. My stardust should arrive this week though. Heard someone say they are similar to the Graphene? You can let us know!

Sadly, I do not have the stardust's, so that will all be up to you (no pressure lol!)

Nov 4, 2017 at 11:22 PM Post #24,413 of 75,326
Sadly, I do not have the stardust's, so that will all be up to you (no pressure lol!)
Oops I meant the seahf f150c, but actually someone compared them to stardust too in a review funnily enough

Nov 4, 2017 at 11:49 PM Post #24,414 of 75,326
Does anyone try AK EMXs-500 yet? In facebook Mr. Le Yoo stated that it is upgraded EMX500 sound.. By the way, If I remember correct, EMX500 is made from another aliexpress reseller.

Nov 5, 2017 at 1:44 AM Post #24,415 of 75,326
Hi chinmie. I now see that the HB1 wireless cable is intended to be used "over ears" and that the cable near the connectors is shaped. Can the cable instead be worn "down"? That would seem to be best for earbuds I think.

i don't think you can wear it down-way, unless you strip the plastic molded tubing

Nov 5, 2017 at 1:11 AM Post #24,416 of 75,326

I'm actually pretty curious with the Seahf 150C. So, I looked it up on Aliexpress just to find out that its sensitivity to be 85db. Thats more notorious and seriously power hungry than even my Mad Dog Pro at around 93db. My Walnut E1 earbud at around 100db is enough to put me off because of it sensitivity. Same goes to Benjie 49 at 100db. Do you ever find some of the most difficult time with them? Quite curious

Nov 5, 2017 at 1:41 AM Post #24,417 of 75,326
I'm actually pretty curious with the Seahf 150C. So, I looked it up on Aliexpress just to find out that its sensitivity to be 85db. Thats more notorious and seriously power hungry than even my Mad Dog Pro at around 93db. My Walnut E1 earbud at around 100db is enough to put me off because of it sensitivity. Same goes to Benjie 49 at 100db. Do you ever find some of the most difficult time with them? Quite curious

I use them without amp at work both on phone and pc fine, they obviously sound better amped, especially the bass and soundstage

Nov 5, 2017 at 2:36 AM Post #24,418 of 75,326
I use them without amp at work both on phone and pc fine, they obviously sound better amped, especially the bass and soundstage

Thanks for the heads up. Thats sounds promising. Thought it would be of needing some more volume than just phones or some portable players. Still this will definately benefit dramatically from amping. On paper, they are a must from my experience though. But, for small driver for earbuds might be different case.

Nov 5, 2017 at 3:14 AM Post #24,419 of 75,326
Does anyone try AK EMXs-500 yet? In facebook Mr. Le Yoo stated that it is upgraded EMX500 sound.. By the way, If I remember correct, EMX500 is made from another aliexpress reseller.
I talked a bit with Le Yoo, she is actually super young girl that admitted to me she barely know about earbuds. She had lied to me for some random informations in the past. I would take everything she said with a pinch of salt. She is promoting her shop above anything else.

Edit: they look good though and for the price it seems reasonable...

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2017 at 3:35 AM Post #24,420 of 75,326
I talked a bit with Le Yoo, she is actually super young girl that admitted to me she barely know about earbuds. She had lied to me for some random informations in the past. I would take everything she said with a pinch of salt. She is promoting her shop above anything else.

Edit: they look good though and for the price it seems reasonable...

i do not think its better than the **** version?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back