Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 5, 2017 at 4:07 AM Post #24,421 of 75,342
I talked a bit with Le Yoo, she is actually super young girl that admitted to me she barely know about earbuds. She had lied to me for some random informations in the past. I would take everything she said with a pinch of salt. She is promoting her shop above anything else.

Edit: they look good though and for the price it seems reasonable...

Your answer make me surprised.. Just know that the reseller is woman. I ever chit-chat with her one time during I posted the DIY earbuds from my country called "Phra Kan Anonymous earbuds" in Earbuds Anonymous FB Group.. If you guys want to do more detail about it, you could google with the following thai text "พระกาฬนิรนาม".

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2017 at 8:43 AM Post #24,422 of 75,342
Your answer make me surprised.. Just know that the reseller is woman. I ever chit-chat with her one time during I posted the DIY earbuds from my country called "Phra Kan Anonymous earbuds" in Earbuds Anonymous FB Group.. If you guys want to do more detail about it, you could google with the following thai text "พระกาฬนิรนาม".
https://forum.munkonggadget.com/detail.php?id=239716
Munkong-Gadget-Topic-Reply-1503976481-800x600.jpg

Nov 5, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #24,429 of 75,342
Rose Masya, except the vocals lack weight and instead sound clear and bright.

Everything else has nice authority though whilst also retaining transparency and airy quality you want from the emx500.

Then again I'm sure there's cheaper options with the same effect.

To me rose masya is lacking in vocal body/weight to an extent that's almost unforgivable from a TOTL(ish) earbud. This couldbe an unfortunate pairing with my iphone 6s but I've had 10 earbuds now and none of them are as lacking in vocal body as the Masya.

It's crystal clear with thin foams, but no amount of foam will completely save it and you sacrifice too much clarity trying to thicken up the foams.

Masya is excellent at everything else though. Just my personal tastes require the vocals to be much fuller more akin to the shozy cygnus if using now and probably the stardust ill have soon. If the masya had thick vocals and you could use it with thin monk foams and donut on top it would be the best earbud under 100 for me.

Why rose why!! The masya is almost amazing for me, albeit I prefer the shozy sound signature for musicality so I know i'm gonna love the stardust the most (probably).

Just from my personal experience, the Masya is a Jekyll and Hyde earbud depending on the source. It's great when you get it right, but there are equally great earbuds out there that are not nearly as finicky as the Masyas.

Nov 5, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #24,430 of 75,342
Just from my personal experience, the Masya is a Jekyll and Hyde earbud depending on the source. It's great when you get it right, but there are equally great earbuds out there that are not nearly as finicky as the Masyas.
Seems like an earbud begging for a full warm source, but maybe it's even more finicky than that.

Any idea of a great source for this thing?

Nov 5, 2017 at 5:18 PM Post #24,431 of 75,342
Seems like an earbud begging for a full warm source, but maybe it's even more finicky than that.

Any idea of a great source for this thing?

The Masyas are a pretty low impedance if I recall. For instance, my Cowon Plenue P1, a great sounding player, doesn't sound the best with the Masyas. But the Cowon Plenue D makes the Masyas sing. I am guessing there is some math between the earbuds and output of those players that explains those unexpected results. Another example - I really like my Masyas with the Colorfly C3.

I wonder if your iphone may be similar to the Cowon P1 and just doesn't play well with the Masyas?

Nov 5, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #24,432 of 75,342
The Masyas are a pretty low impedance if I recall. For instance, my Cowon Plenue P1, a great sounding player, doesn't sound the best with the Masyas. But the Cowon Plenue D makes the Masyas sing. I am guessing there is some math between the earbuds and output of those players that explains those unexpected results. Another example - I really like my Masyas with the Colorfly C3.

I wonder if your iphone may be similar to the Cowon P1 and just doesn't play well with the Masyas?

Possibly. I mean my only gripe is the vocals other than that everything sounds crisp and powerful even through a mobile source. I'll have a look at those players to see what separates them in terms of amping and sound signature to see what i can do for the masya.

Nov 5, 2017 at 8:44 PM Post #24,433 of 75,342
Nope still waiting. My stardust should arrive this week though. Heard someone say they are similar to the Graphene? You can let us know!

@SweetEars Oh you don't like forward mids? maybe not the Masya then, it's pretty forward in mids and vocals
nope, i compared them on a mini meet last saturday.. the stardust is different sounding to the Graphene. both are great though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back