Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 25, 2017 at 9:48 AM Post #24,076 of 75,869
And your favourite three are? :)

Whichever ones are on my ears (without falling out) as long as the music is good:) ...and I do have good music! As I am an album listener, I just get lost in the music. At the moment I have some headphones on:)

Seriously... I can't even pick my favorite three headphones and I have many.

Oct 25, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #24,077 of 75,869
or, just be happy with what you have found in the budget range:) None of mine are above $30 ...taking sales into account.
Well it really is a trade off. Do you buy 1-2 TOTL earbuds for pure music enjoyment, but miss out of the fun that is discovering now budget earbuds that surprise you with their SQ...

I started buying budgets but then I realised buying 5 budgets earbuds for €10-15 each isn't actually saving me much as opposed to buying 1 TOTL. Of course the 'pros' are that you have variety of choice and if one gets damaged it's not the end of the world,.

Aside from being a smart consumer and buying only what you can afford obviously, I reckon the best options is to start low, find the soun signature in a bugdet earbud that you love the most, then ask the community what's the TOTL or a higher quality equivalent of that budget earbud.

Personally I don't think I'd spend any more than €150 on an earbud ever in my life. At the end of the day like any earbud it can get damaged, dropped in water, develop a fault and unless you're made of money it isn't worth the risk. So when I bought the stardust I had already worked out that's the maximum price I'd be spending on an eabud once off in the foreseeable future. I'll still buy budget earbuds, and maybe down the line I'll buy the next shozy/rose or another totl earbud that comes out but for now I'll take it easy.

Saying that I really want the audioquest dragonfly black for my iphone 6s... because I don't want to buy a separate DAP/AMP but I want the stardust to have an appropriate source. HMMM, this is really an addiction isn't it LOL

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #24,078 of 75,869
Heads up someone is selling a pair of VE ZEN 2.0 in the FS section for €70... Seem's like a steal? I don't have money to buy it at the moment but that price just seems too low right?...

Oct 25, 2017 at 10:15 AM Post #24,079 of 75,869
HMMM, this is realy an addiction isn't it LOL

Exactly...and that is why I am trying to break it. I love being surprised by how great the less expensive stuff is. I also like picking up something that I have neglected for awhile and rediscovering it. I had kind of given up on the headphones that are on my head at the moment because of comfort issues that I think now I have managed to sort it by bending the headband and changing the pads.

I hope to do the same with the three buds I own that have the Monk housing (Monk, Boarseman, ****) . Surely there is a way to keep them in my ear. I hate spending 10 minutes trying to seat them just so I can listen to something. Easier to use something else instead. But I love them when they are in right. I have to admit though that those three are the ones I chose because I liked the color... and I will not put foams on them that clash with them colorwise. LOL

Maybe I have to stretch my ears?

They say you can break a behavioural addiction by stopping for 3 weeks. Would that mean not buying anything for three weeks or would one have to stay away from this site for three weeks?

Oct 25, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #24,080 of 75,869
I'm a week into the wait for my Shozy BKs and Graphenes (and the seahf 150). I'm not cut out for waiting 20-40 days shipping. Every day that goes by, I get tempted to order another pair. My brain says "save your money for a moondrop liebesleid" and my heart says "buy 'em all". You lot are not helping either.
your soul speaks from deep inside you: buy Liebesleid, buy Mojito and buy everything else...

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 25, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #24,081 of 75,869
your soul speaks from deep inside you: buy Liebesleid, buy Mojito and buy everything else...

You are a bad bad person! lol

Oct 25, 2017 at 10:50 AM Post #24,082 of 75,869
I'm a week into the wait for my Shozy BKs and Graphenes (and the seahf 150). I'm not cut out for waiting 20-40 days shipping. Every day that goes by, I get tempted to order another pair. My brain says "save your money for a moondrop liebesleid" and my heart says "buy 'em all". You lot are not helping either.

This is why I am sort of glad I had to replace my car and am showing more self-control for my audio-spending.

Oct 25, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #24,083 of 75,869
They say you can break a behavioural addiction by stopping for 3 weeks. Would that mean not buying anything for three weeks or would one have to stay away from this site for three weeks?
You can always check yourself into an earbud rehab center but I dunno why you want to do that?

The key to being happy isn't a search for meaning. It's to keep yourself high on the ongoing earbud purchases, and eventually, you'll be dead...

#nihilistic audiophile

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 25, 2017 at 12:03 PM Post #24,085 of 75,869
Maybe
http://s.aliexpress.com/JnueYn2m
Other sellers have it too if you search in aliexpress for 'EMX500', make sure to choose MIC version. Seller #2 has a straight jack MIC version but he shall not be named here. The others are L shaped jack/different cable.

Awesome Thanks for the rec, I'll make sure to look into it.

Here's a cheaper option, RY4S:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/RY4...e-MX500-style-earphone-3-5mm/32797581820.html

Basically the same units as those from Hangrui, for half the price. Been using it as my "commute" buds for months now. Still works.

Oct 25, 2017 at 2:44 PM Post #24,087 of 75,869
So far my fav office metal listening earbuds have been Seahf AWK-F64. If I am willing to spend over £100 What would be a great upgrade for these. Stardust, Zen 2 or are there even better. I gen use a fiio x5iii with a fiio a5 amp

Oct 25, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #24,088 of 75,869
You can always check yourself into an earbud rehab center but I dunno why you want to do that?
The key to being happy isn't a search for meaning. It's to keep yourself high on the ongoing earbud purchases, and eventually, you'll be dead...
#nihilistic audiophile

... and if you're lucky, with your favorite buds in your ears :wink:

Oct 25, 2017 at 2:56 PM Post #24,089 of 75,869
Well it really is a trade off. Do you buy 1-2 TOTL earbuds for pure music enjoyment, but miss out of the fun that is discovering now budget earbuds that surprise you with their SQ...

I started buying budgets but then I realised buying 5 budgets earbuds for €10-15 each isn't actually saving me much as opposed to buying 1 TOTL. Of course the 'pros' are that you have variety of choice and if one gets damaged it's not the end of the world,.

Aside from being a smart consumer and buying only what you can afford obviously, I reckon the best options is to start low, find the soun signature in a bugdet earbud that you love the most, then ask the community what's the TOTL or a higher quality equivalent of that budget earbud.

Personally I don't think I'd spend any more than €150 on an earbud ever in my life. At the end of the day like any earbud it can get damaged, dropped in water, develop a fault and unless you're made of money it isn't worth the risk. So when I bought the stardust I had already worked out that's the maximum price I'd be spending on an eabud once off in the foreseeable future. I'll still buy budget earbuds, and maybe down the line I'll buy the next shozy/rose or another totl earbud that comes out but for now I'll take it easy.

Saying that I really want the audioquest dragonfly black for my iphone 6s... because I don't want to buy a separate DAP/AMP but I want the stardust to have an appropriate source. HMMM, this is really an addiction isn't it LOL

Everything you say if perfect.... in theory. Just admit it - you're toast lol.

Oct 25, 2017 at 4:12 PM Post #24,090 of 75,869
It kills me to admit it but I don't know that the CF2s are going to work out for me simply because of the fit, the housings fatigue my ears to the point where I can only listen for an hour or two at a time. The sound amazing but the comfort isn't there.

Next up for me are the Shozy BKs. I also want to try the Yinman 600 ohm because I still love my 150s but 600ohms is a lot to drive without a desktop setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back