Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 7, 2017 at 10:40 PM Post #22,801 of 75,669
Final audio Piano Forte series and Lab II are much closer to being earbuds. They have earbud drivers (15-16mm), many vents (semi open, like most earbuds), they don't isolate just like earbuds. The only problem with them is the price, they are not made for price to performance ratio and that's why they remain out of reach for so many. Form factor is amazing though, I've tried PF VIII and it's the most comfortable headphone of any kind, it just sits nicely and you don't even feel them. I am surprised that this form factor isn't more popular, especially knowing how big Final Audio is in Japan and China.

So it's a earbud. Is it really comfortable?

I have been lurking for long long time. I have been afraid of the fit, beside of the price.

I'm saving my money to get a second hand PF IX!

This design is the best for classical music, from the commentary of those users.

Sep 7, 2017 at 10:50 PM Post #22,802 of 75,669
@springbay you're not the only one but I wound't call it's useless.

I have a DIY graphene and I don't think it's great.

At first listening, it's very bright. So bright and sound so synthetic, I can't listen to them very long.

Let it burn for a while and it got better but still on the bright side.

It's a forward sound earbud so the sound stage is quite in-your-head kine of sound. Punchy sound, good impact.

High to upper mid is color, mid is forward and low doesn't go deep. Just mid bass, very little sub bass.

I took it out and listen to it again for the last few days when I see many member comment about it but my thought of it still the same.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2017 at 10:53 PM Post #22,803 of 75,669
Which blur model would you all recommended?

I also wanna know.

I like the silver housing so I bought the expensive one. And when I tried to order the expensive model, he said there's a even more expensive model with warmer sounding gold-plated cables. So I bought the gold-plated cable one. It is still breaking-in.

With one look, my wife commented that it is a very nice earphone.
image.jpg

Sep 7, 2017 at 11:18 PM Post #22,804 of 75,669
I am such a dumbhead......... I received the AuGlamour RX1 a few days ago, and took them to work without opening the package. When I opened it, I found this wood thing and what looked like a ninja throwing star....... I threw the wood thing in the garbage, and was fussing at a colleague about how the wood thing made it heavier to ship, and why did they include it because it just drove up the cost of the product.

Today when I went into the lab, a second colleague had taken the wood thing out of the garbage, and was using it as an iPhone stand. He was very happy that someone had put a nice phone stand in the garbage. :laughing: So apparently if you order the RX1 you also get a nice iPhone stand. I felt like such an idiot. :grin:
Did you use the ninja star on somebody?

Sep 7, 2017 at 11:44 PM Post #22,805 of 75,669
Did you use the ninja star on somebody?

I guess it's there for retrieving accidentally discarded phone holders from frugal-but-violent colleagues?

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2017 at 12:34 AM Post #22,808 of 75,669
@springbay you're not the only one but I wound't call it's useless.

I have a DIY graphene and I don't think it's great.

At first listening, it's very bright. So bright and sound so synthetic, I can't listen to them very long.

Let it burn for a while and it got better but still on the bright side.

It's a forward sound earbud so the sound stage is quite in-your-head kine of sound. Punchy sound, good impact.

High to upper mid is color, mid is forward and low doesn't go deep. Just mid bass, very little sub bass.

I took it out and little to it again for the last few days when I see many member comment about it but my thought of it still the same.

I so very hope that you and springbay are wrong lol

Sep 8, 2017 at 12:59 AM Post #22,809 of 75,669
I also wanna know.

I like the silver housing so I bought the expensive one. And when I tried to order the expensive model, he said there's a even more expensive model with warmer sounding gold-plated cables. So I bought the gold-plated cable one. It is still breaking-in.

With one look, my wife commented that it is a very nice earphone.
I am thinking of ordering the silver one. How much more was the gold?

Sep 8, 2017 at 4:09 AM Post #22,814 of 75,669
I'll be interested interested in your impressions of the graphene buds, and the the Victors. Where the heck did you find them?

Will leave my impressions of the graphene, Yincrow 777 and Moondrop Nameless as soon as I receive them.

I found the Victor HP AL1000 on Ebay. Have been looking for them for year. I could have bought them at Yodobashi in Japan when I lived there in 2010 but never did, and then they were discontinued just a few years later...

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2017 at 5:49 AM Post #22,815 of 75,669
I am such a dumbhead......... I received the AuGlamour RX1 a few days ago, and took them to work without opening the package. When I opened it, I found this wood thing and what looked like a ninja throwing star....... I threw the wood thing in the garbage, and was fussing at a colleague about how the wood thing made it heavier to ship, and why did they include it because it just drove up the cost of the product.

Today when I went into the lab, a second colleague had taken the wood thing out of the garbage, and was using it as an iPhone stand. He was very happy that someone had put a nice phone stand in the garbage. :laughing: So apparently if you order the RX1 you also get a nice iPhone stand. I felt like such an idiot. :grin:

Thanks for the heads-up. I have an RX1 one coming. I will keep the wood thing although I do not have an iPhone :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back