Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 20, 2017 at 5:37 AM Post #22,201 of 75,248
Yesterday finally the **** PT15 came in the mail, i did a quick comparison with my Faaeal 32 before putting them to burn in overnight and i was a bit surprised.

**** have less bass and sound a bit more focused on the mids, with more clarity. The Faaeal in comparison seem to fill the ears with bass (overkill for me) but their fit is much better. Because of the poor fit of the ****, they tilt out and they lose even more bass because of that.

Anyways, will let them but in for a few more days before trying it again

Aug 20, 2017 at 5:39 AM Post #22,202 of 75,248
Yesterday finally the **** PT15 came in the mail, i did a quick comparison with my Faaeal 32 before putting them to burn in overnight and i was a bit surprised.

**** have less bass and sound a bit more focused on the mids, with more clarity. The Faaeal in comparison seem to fill the ears with bass (overkill for me) but their fit is much better. Because of the poor fit of the ****, they tilt out and they lose even more bass because of that.

Aug 20, 2017 at 5:46 AM Post #22,203 of 75,248

do you have rubber rings like from the ve expansion pack? i got great fitting of the **** using the rubber ring and cover it with hiegi donut foams. it is currently my favorite everyday buds to use

Aug 20, 2017 at 9:42 AM Post #22,206 of 75,248
Thanks.:pray::pray:

But I don't want a plastic earbuds!

Silver king S$425!:fearful::fearful:
AHA no wonder Wong only quoted his 3 models to me and left out the King! Out of goodwill not to frighten me off I guess...
There first 3 models are with same driver, only difference is cable, and according to the maker the higher priced silver sounds fuller...those who do not believe by changing cable would change the sound of their iem might have doubt to pay the extra bucks, though I still grabbed the silver at the end.
If the King is using the same driver, only other variables are the shell and the cable, but can it justify the double of the price of the standard sliver?
I'm actually quite interested and curious about the CA buds, with USD100 increase from one model to another. With limited infos, it's kind of difficult to choose which one.
How much better of the CAX black vs the Campfred 2?

Aug 20, 2017 at 10:32 AM Post #22,208 of 75,248
Thanks.

It's very nice of you.

Please speed up with your burning and give up some insight.

It seems to me that blur is a decent headphone to consider.

Just hope that someone will invest in the blur king!

Have them for around a week now, I believe the sound has stabilized.
Anyway, it is one of the best, if not the very best earbud I have owned.
But there is a downside to them, I love them best when worn naked and have my ears covered, I wasn't kidding.
Heigi donut foam comes as a far behind second.
The thing is, I found that they left a small gap between outside and my ear canals,
when that gap is covered, sound quality improves significantly.
It is the shape of my ears to blame, really. Still searching for a solution.

Aug 20, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #22,209 of 75,248

Loved PT15 when I had them.
Beautiful treble, my type of signature.
Finally let them go for aesthetic reasons...

Aug 20, 2017 at 4:23 PM Post #22,210 of 75,248
Just got the Auglamour RX-1. The speaker is huge. It will not stay on my ear as it too large to place it in my ear. Just as I suspected, fit is terrible and will not stay in place, it sounds different from pushing it against my ear compared to leaving it situated on my ear. There is no way I can walk around without these falling off. I don't know how these are practical. How do you guys keep it in place while moving around?

Aug 20, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #22,211 of 75,248
For me the RX-1 has a reasonably snug fit, and is quite comfortable. It'll probably always be one of my recommended budget earbuds, and it's a shame to hear you have issues with it.

Aug 20, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #22,213 of 75,248
For me the RX-1 has a reasonably snug fit, and is quite comfortable. It'll probably always be one of my recommended budget earbuds, and it's a shame to hear you have issues with it.
It fits in your ear? You must have huge canal entrance because these are quite large in diameter. This is not for avg ear size for sure. Ibuds fits my ears, but these are too large.

I wish I was warned about this. This is quite disappointing.

Aug 20, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #22,214 of 75,248
My main issue with these is that I don't know if it's situated right or not because the changes in sound as I adhere it for better seal compare keeping it suspending in place(I call it suspending because it don't fit!). It doesn't fall off, but it's not really fit I was expecting like typical buds which are small in diameter and actually slides in to stay in place, and feels like the best fit possible for buds, but for this one, it's so large I cannot even get it to that level. This is a problem and sound depends on fit, and I don't know how these can be recommended with such fit.

Do we know what fit means and what kind of effect it can have on sound?

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #22,215 of 75,248
At least if these were purposefully sized to have more of a situated fit for particular sound I can understand because sometimes iems can sound better with loose fit, and has more of stage and airyness created from it, but it is not the case for these. It sounds like typical buds sound you get from lack of seal.

From what I notice, earbud fits are disadvantageous. Fit is very very important! I can't even get these to stay in place properly. :triportsad:

Anyway I already suspected this, and I made the wrong decision to believe yall here. Bad judgement on my part.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back