Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 19, 2017 at 6:20 PM Post #22,186 of 75,075
You guys will destroy my wallet.

Just bought the EMX500 (my second earbud purchase, after the Monk+'s) and thinking of ordering some other 5 pairs :beyersmile:

Aug 19, 2017 at 7:03 PM Post #22,187 of 75,075
You guys will destroy my wallet.

Just bought the EMX500 (my second earbud purchase, after the Monk+'s) and thinking of ordering some other 5 pairs :beyersmile:
I bought Vidos first, was incredibly confused, the sound coming out of these was beyond mind blowing for the price as well as earbud form factor as a whole - having never heard any good earbuds previously. Then got Auglamour and EMX500. Now looking towards this graphene earbud that is making some people excited. I think this earbud craze started with Monks and is in full throttle for the perceivable future, exciting stuff is gonna happen in the next few years, mark my words.

Aug 19, 2017 at 7:44 PM Post #22,188 of 75,075
I bought Vidos first, was incredibly confused, the sound coming out of these was beyond mind blowing for the price as well as earbud form factor as a whole - having never heard any good earbuds previously. Then got Auglamour and EMX500. Now looking towards this graphene earbud that is making some people excited. I think this earbud craze started with Monks and is in full throttle for the perceivable future, exciting stuff is gonna happen in the next few years, mark my words.

If you have the Vido, those models that you've mentioned are they really sidegrades?

Aug 19, 2017 at 8:03 PM Post #22,189 of 75,075
If you have the Vido, those models that you've mentioned are they really sidegrades?
EMX500 appears to be a sidestep, but they really act as an upgrade for people who prefer brighter stronger mid range compared to smoother sound (realistically, they are in the same price bracket, give Vidos a better cable, case, more foams and you see how it would cost closer to EMX500). Auglamour RX-1 is a strange pair, I've had a revelation recently with fitting them in my ears and now I strongly prefer them over these 2, by a big margin actually, even though they might have technically worse extension both ways (previously, they were worse than other 2). Don't get me wrong, you get the bass and highs if you can fit them nicely, and I believe anyone can as RX-1 is one of the smallest earbuds with smaller than average drivers. Imho, they have better mid range over Meze 99 Classics, which are very positively reviewed 300$ over ear headphones, and I still can't quite grasp this reality. Vidos blew me away but RX-1 with proper placement is beyond unreal and shakes everything I believed in in terms of price to performance ratio of any audio equipment.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2017 at 9:43 PM Post #22,190 of 75,075
EMX500 appears to be a sidestep, but they really act as an upgrade for people who prefer brighter stronger mid range compared to smoother sound (realistically, they are in the same price bracket, give Vidos a better cable, case, more foams and you see how it would cost closer to EMX500). Auglamour RX-1 is a strange pair, I've had a revelation recently with fitting them in my ears and now I strongly prefer them over these 2, by a big margin actually, even though they might have technically worse extension both ways (previously, they were worse than other 2). Don't get me wrong, you get the bass and highs if you can fit them nicely, and I believe anyone can as RX-1 is one of the smallest earbuds with smaller than average drivers. Imho, they have better mid range over Meze 99 Classics, which are very positively reviewed 300$ over ear headphones, and I still can't quite grasp this reality. Vidos blew me away but RX-1 with proper placement is beyond unreal and shakes everything I believed in in terms of price to performance ratio of any audio equipment.

Thanks, I'd keep RX-1 in my mind
Coming from sub $30 chi-fis IEMs. What would I be expecting on my Vido?

Aug 19, 2017 at 11:09 PM Post #22,192 of 75,075
I bought the CAX Black from another member of this forum and am very happy with them. Except the cable is very, very stiff so they really can't be used when walking or moving around. Haven't heard the Shozy.

Lucky guy! CAX black should be very very good!

I didn't consider it because of the stiff cable. But the cable is actually a key factor of making it to sound good!

Aug 20, 2017 at 3:49 AM Post #22,195 of 75,075
Received the Blur from Wong the other day and have burnt them in a bit.

All I can say is wow. They are considerably better than my Shozy BK (se) and those cost even more! I thought the vido was already 95% of the Shozy and the blur just blow both out of the water. I've been using them more than my full size Grado PS500's as well so thats saying something.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2017 at 4:11 AM Post #22,196 of 75,075
@redkingjoe This is my first time hearing the D6C, so can't compare. As far as physical shape, there's minor cosmetic issues but nothing that hamper my ability to enjoy the player. I had to laugh because as I've never seen one before it's the size of a damn brick, so maybe 5x the size of my Opus #1, and who knows how many times larger than the Shanling M1. In order to listen to CampFred 2 due to it's output power, I have to use my ifi IEmatch on ultra sensitivity on volume 6/10, otherwise there's some noise which is to be expected with that kind of output. Otherwise, I'd deal with a little noise at 1.5/10 volume, which honestly isn't bad and only is noticeable when paused. I almost wonder... hmm, HD700 at 2/10. Wish I had something actually difficult to drive. Also love it has line out so I can really have fun with it if I ever get an awesome amp.
Sony is the king of Walkman. D6C is the Holly grail. It should be fun to play with. The only problem is finding good tapes. I went to Japan last December . I went window shopping and I saw a lot of tapes. I was told that Listening to tape is becoming trendy now and the price of good tape is very high too.

Have you demagnetised the D6c? It should sound much better after that.

So CampFred2 is power hungry? I'm also considering to get a pair.

Aug 20, 2017 at 4:17 AM Post #22,197 of 75,075
Received the Blur from Wong the other day and have burnt them in a bit.

All I can say is wow. They are considerably better than my Shozy BK (se) and those cost even more! I thought the vido was already 95% of the Shozy and the blur just blow both out of the water. I've been using them more than my full size Grado PS500's as well so thats saying something.

Wow. Blur blow Shozy BK..out of water!

Interesting.

Would you tell me the price of these 3 models? Actually, I'm interested in the 925 silver king!

Thanks!

Aug 20, 2017 at 4:22 AM Post #22,199 of 75,075
Wow. Blur blow Shozy BK..out of water!

Interesting.

Would you tell me the price of these 3 models? Actually, I'm interested in the 925 silver king!

Thanks!

Yeap! They are cheaper and better!

I believe the 3 models are $128, $167, $200 SGD? Give or take a few dollars. And the silver kings really are special but I don't have that type of money to spend on an earbud :frowning2: I thought they were $425?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back