Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 25, 2017 at 9:27 PM Post #21,739 of 75,808
DSC01551.JPG

:beerchug:

Jul 26, 2017 at 12:21 AM Post #21,740 of 75,808
Big thumbs up on the OurArt buds. A real contender to the Rose Masya. In some ways, maybe even better and more useful. Love the fit and the construction. Sound is big and open with muscle but can have that feathery light touch that makes acoustic instruments sound, well, real. Very very good.

Jul 26, 2017 at 3:14 AM Post #21,741 of 75,808
is eking full a different unit from eking master? how is your first impressions?
thanks in advance..
From the seller: Easier to drive with more body. I'm doing burn in (100hours) before doing any more impressions, to avoid too many inconsistencies.:)

Jul 26, 2017 at 7:06 AM Post #21,742 of 75,808
Hey guys - so after few months with Toneking Tomahawks I am in a need of an upgrade. I really like Tomahawks signature (would describe it as full and fun, they remind me of MusicMaker TK12 - my fav IEM's), but I would like to have more definition and even "bigger" bass if possible.

Got any recommendations? I am currently looking on VE Zen 2.0, Shozy Cygnus/BK, TY-Hz 150s and K's 500... So budget-wise around 150 bucks... My only current "source" is DragonFly Red.

Thx for your ideas

Jul 26, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #21,744 of 75,808
Last edited:
Jul 26, 2017 at 4:03 PM Post #21,745 of 75,808
Latest acquisitions, from left to right: Eking Full ($35), MX500 DIY clear shell version (around $18) **** Z&W($25) and Vido($4).

So far, very pleased with the neutral tonality of the Yinwoo and it's detailed sound sig. The Eking Full is from a small vietnamese DIY maker, V shaped and extra clear oh my god what is this very big kind of sound. Vido has I said earlier make "FUN" totl kings from last year obsolete (and I wish I was wrong...) EDIT: "Almost Obsolete" is better fitted. Still CF1 wins in refinement, resolution and body...
Surprisingly, the DIY MX500 is the least impressive of all out of the box, But of course I'll burn them all and will give proper impression when it is settled.

Overall, it's quite incredible what you can get now with a fraction of the price that what was already bargain few months ago...

ckFOm1Zvd_onPvaBrm-fGpjrnc923ruxlULJrKAAElqgmCfjcJrvDZe2NPSWbGlgEDfkqvaWHqE8ngxTvTvc7PQ3G7YQ15So8e_HpUctsDtapBK1ui0cc213ATnZzbZsm07TtibhWfv30p7NlFX2QNpGdxXjElMcG3JSFwAJbsSRRF53A0P7YJHjeZbXPaeYnIn52MH7iq0bQe5jyIuODv3_E1vBLOZx_ZqUQHMmq-0sycZptWh0ta95GCAOIDNgBau5uNADcWyCRlVMLhck2ahzHpaAdMdG7IKHS6yr_am1fRjwXVX9TerIHLIfFuO715de2eDm7rAjHmrsWCzVMp8kfl9XH5E2OayDRuGHFI8P9Yl_eW--L9NTRrxIFEem2YCTO_ASMJZrw3OT-blGuj5IChz747MztkCQoZb0K29YgGUXsVGmIqJWaAl8oBISufxxSBCGzlmXNY18Z_vS-bB0a_E5OZ5UgW1d5syATv29K7zoLmpWtVaP6drccQQUlpv0a8Dl-k6ML2ld1SNxn-J6hMMW3p_Xi6Dd8L9kRUzKXUC66ysbDPH6k1czhaa2Fw_A30daj7YpP13GLngPLFcBlxAxuHaBs1-xB8GZbmY9uJuhq1mbcwFA=w902-h1202-no

Edit: @Ver JJ for me, Monk has great soundstage, vocals and a nice, kind of warm neutral tonality but overall it lacks sub bass and there is an early high roll off. Some music with complex textures and high will sound like muffled garbage with it. (Actress, Rezzett, that kind of stuff doesnt suit the monk+ at all) but It's amazing with Jazz and some classic pop, however i don't really listen to this kind of music very often.

Thanks for your info! I'm very interested in the **** Z&W, could you perhaps further describe their sound sig? :)

Jul 26, 2017 at 7:40 PM Post #21,746 of 75,808
Thanks for your info! I'm very interested in the **** Z&W, could you perhaps further describe their sound sig? :)

After some burnin I hear a warm and relaxed sound signature still with a fast decay. Shy but well extended and tight bass, sweet mids and clear treble. Very nice natural tonality.

gentle and elegant to say it quick

Jul 26, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #21,747 of 75,808
After some burnin I hear a warm and relaxed sound signature still with a fast decay. Shy but well extended and tight bass, sweet mids and clear treble. Very nice natural tonality.

gentle and elegant to say it quick

Thanks! Would you compare them favourably to the VE Monks?

Jul 26, 2017 at 8:02 PM Post #21,748 of 75,808
Monk has a mid bass bump that makes them more versatile. However if you don't mind the calm presentation, these are more refined by a fair margin.

Edit: if fed with an amp, the bass show up on a confident level and the sound is much more balanced. Amount of clarity is surprising for this price range. Perhaps it is the forwardness of the mids that trick me but I had to do some A/B with the blur and it was impressive.

Is it me or earbuds get considerably better each months?

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2017 at 8:53 PM Post #21,749 of 75,808
Is there any earbud that sounds powerful. Not just the bass but the sound feels in your face and nothing seems overstated vs the other ranges.

Jul 27, 2017 at 8:14 AM Post #21,750 of 75,808
My Vido is behaving strange. When I plug-into Mobile and listen to the song, all of a sudden next or previous track start playing and and it keeps connecting and disconnecting to the player. I use PowerAmp as usual setting is that as soon as earbuds are connected, it opens the player and starts playing the last song and disconnect when you remove the earbud (pause/resume on receiving/ finishing any call). But with Vido, it is keep doing that and even usual calls are also getting disconnected. Even some movement is causing that. So today I used another earbud to see if this is the issue with earbud or poweramp. But it worked well and no song was paused or stopped or fwd/bckwrd during listening.

It seems the while these earbuds are cheap, the quality of the earbuds are not that good. Especially if used with phone. I should target $10-20 range earbuds which has good build quality. At times I had same issue with Monk+ also but it was mostly only playing next or previous track all of a sudden and not like Vido now that keeps connecting/disconnecting and playing different tracks.

Any one using PowerAmp has same issue ever? @Ira Delphic ???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back