Earbuds Round-Up
Feb 3, 2016 at 3:42 AM Post #2,147 of 75,524

But if you want heavy hitting bass, you should go for IEMs. I'm listening to the Tomahawks now on my (vintage) Cowon X5 and bass is by no means weak. It is where you want and need it to be. But it's not the subwoofer like bass as the Zen 2.0 and Blox TM7 have. I you feel that bass is lacking, you should be able to boost it a bit...

No, I don't want or need a dominant bass. It was a bad choice of words. By "heavy hitters", I meant the flagship earbuds, mx985, TM7, Zen etc.

Feb 3, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #2,149 of 75,524

You mean "anyone tried this?"
wink.gif

Just got it a few days ago actually, haven't spent much time listen to it since I am so busy - but the first impression is really good. A big improvement over their previous model, the V5. Overall it has quite a balanced sound, neither particularly warm nor cold. Though not a mid-centric sound by definition, I do think its vocal is really well tuned. For now, I'll place it among the upper tier in the Great category. Overall a really good buy for the price. Highly recommended.

Feb 3, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #2,150 of 75,524

You mean "anyone tried this?"
wink.gif

Just got it a few days ago actually, haven't spent much time listen to it since I am so busy - but the first impression is really good. A big improvement over their previous model, the V5. Overall it has quite a balanced sound, neither particularly warm nor cold. Though not a mid-centric sound by definition, I do think its vocal is really well tuned. For now, I'll place it among the upper tier in the Great category. Overall a really good buy for the price. Highly recommended.

Hohohoho, looks like my "Ang Pau" money will not be safe this year.

CeilOs, your Tachikoma must be helping you out very much to dig up this gem. I encountered the buds on TB by chance during my regular browsing.

How's the soundstaging?

Feb 3, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #2,151 of 75,524

Hohohoho, looks like my "Ang Pau" money will not be safe this year.

CeilOs, your Tachikoma must be helping you out very much to dig up this gem. I encountered the buds on TB by chance during my regular browsing.

How's the soundstaging?

Earbuds are still kind of a big thing in China, and I frequent some Chinese headphone forums so I am somewhat aware of which one is making all the buzz.

Soundstage is average, neither really good nor bad, which is what you will expect from something that has a good vocal (*mid range and soundastage tends to works against each other).

Feb 3, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #2,152 of 75,524

Earbuds are still kind of a big thing in China, and I frequent some Chinese headphone forums so I am somewhat aware of which one is making all the buzz.

Soundstage is average, neither really good nor bad, which is what you will expect from something that has a good vocal (*mid range and soundastage tends to works against each other).

Ah I see I see. Thanks for the reply. 

The reason I was asking was because they seem to be an open design so I was wondering about it. But still, can you kindly do a more detail first impression or even brief review of this beauty?

After what you have mentioned, I am going to have to consider buying these hahaha.

Btw, mind I ask which chinese forum do you frequent?

Teiba Baidu and Erji.net?

Feb 3, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #2,153 of 75,524
  Ah I see I see. Thanks for the reply. 

The reason I was asking was because they seem to be an open design so I was wondering about it. But still, can you kindly do a more detail first impression or even brief review of this beauty?

After what you have mentioned, I am going to have to consider buying these hahaha.

Btw, mind I ask which chinese forum do you frequent?

Teiba Baidu and Erji.net?

Don't really have time right now for a detail impression.

Yep, I do visit both places.

Feb 3, 2016 at 11:56 AM Post #2,155 of 75,524

If you have free time, could you post a few Earbuds making the "buzz"?  I am always on the lookout for some new ones to purchase.  
cool.gif

--

Feb 3, 2016 at 9:14 PM Post #2,156 of 75,524

If you have free time, could you post a few Earbuds making the "buzz"?  I am always on the lookout for some new ones to purchase.  
cool.gif

--

I think you guys already cover them well in this thread, namely the new Ostry awhile back and more recently, the Shozy.

Feb 4, 2016 at 12:40 AM Post #2,157 of 75,524
Hey guys,

How is Sudio TVA compare to VE Monk or Baldoor E100 or JiuShao E600.

I just ordere VE Monk and ZEn 2.0.  I am tempted to buy Sudio TVA. 
Give some inputs guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back