Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 12, 2017 at 8:39 AM Post #20,686 of 75,699
Ha, sometime people really read too much into stuff, I shall keep it to myself then :crying_cat_face:

Jun 12, 2017 at 8:42 AM Post #20,687 of 75,699
I'm very sorry to hear you write negatively about someone you don't know. Up until now, I've been very appreciative of the contributions you've made in providing earbud enthusiasts with useful information but accusing someone of being self seeking or lazy because you don't understand their methods is mean spirited and shows ignorance. It damages your own integrity because you've shown a willingness to speculate over motivation with zero evidence. Is that not lazy thinking?
I hope you can learn to respect people more. That includes all their quirks and choices about how they interact with others.
I have to say something because I happen to know that the person referred to in this stream is anything but lazy.
To me it sounds more lazy that people complain about having to use messenger to communicate with him.
If you don't like it then don't do it but at least try to not be lazy about your opinions of them.

That was an oddly judgmental post, and
Ha, sometime people really read too much into stuff, I shall keep it to myself then :crying_cat_face:

Just remember most of us appreciate all the time and effort you've put into helping us all out.

Jun 12, 2017 at 8:56 AM Post #20,688 of 75,699
Maybe my question spurred a little too much discussion. If he really prefers Facebook, that's fine, but no need to limit yourself to one method of communication if you have an alternative that you can provide as well.

In other news, my EMS tracking for CAX Black finally updated! It's not lost!!!
:joy:

Jun 12, 2017 at 10:09 AM Post #20,689 of 75,699
@noknok23 : Thanks for sharing impression. I'm quite surprised that Campfred doesn't take a big leap improvement over PS100-600 because Campfred's price is 2-3 times of PS100-600's price. Do both provide similar sound signature? I checked on taobao and read recent feedbacks by using google translate. It seems PS-600S + 600-core cable got positive praise. I own PS100-500 Pop balanced and I like this kind of tuning so I'm interested in PS-600S as well. :)

Jun 12, 2017 at 10:23 AM Post #20,690 of 75,699
Noooo...As silent reader I really enjoyed your short impression to whatever you have collected in this thread so far. So, how is your impression toward the last photo you uploaded on OP? :D

In other news, my EMS tracking for CAX Black finally updated! It's not lost!!!
:joy:
Indonesian Post Office Call Center is very realible to reach for us (you need the seller to actively ask) or reach their twitter account to ask. @PosIndonesia
Happy waiting then...

Jun 12, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #20,691 of 75,699
I'm very sorry to hear you write negatively about someone you don't know. Up until now, I've been very appreciative of the contributions you've made in providing earbud enthusiasts with useful information but accusing someone of being self seeking or lazy because you don't understand their methods is mean spirited and shows ignorance. It damages your own integrity because you've shown a willingness to speculate over motivation with zero evidence. Is that not lazy thinking?
I hope you can learn to respect people more. That includes all their quirks and choices about how they interact with others.
I have to say something because I happen to know that the person referred to in this stream is anything but lazy.
To me it sounds more lazy that people complain about having to use messenger to communicate with him.
If you don't like it then don't do it but at least try to not be lazy about your opinions of them.

I guess Wong is your friend, a family member or yourself but even so your response to ClieOS is unfounded, harsh and out of line, what you say about him is easily applicable to you. If I happen not to like one of Wong´s products will you send some hitmen my way if I say so publicly? :smile_phones: Lighten up and don´t take things so personal, especially when said things aren´t about you, nobody means any harm at all here so let´s have a Mouthbud and cheer up.
bud%20light-u6424.png

Jun 12, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #20,692 of 75,699
Well, considering my phone is now an LG G6, I figured let's buy an AptX HD receiver, specifically the AK XB10. I know it's still BT therefore not lossless, but let's not get into that debate. Having a 2.5mm bal jack, I grabbed my SeaHF 320 (I believe it's the smart 1.0) and I'm certainly enjoying the sound, and bass. Also, the receiver has a built in mic so all my earbuds can be used for calls. It had enough juice to drive these, but it's pretty close to the top end of what it's capable of. I suspect for my non-balanced earbuds I'll have to use easier to drive ones, so no Zens. I will test to verify later. Always glad to have more options for my buds!

Jun 12, 2017 at 12:03 PM Post #20,693 of 75,699
That is some great praise for the e808. I own own one and didn't like it because of peak issue. Maybe just my build. But now maybe i should dig it back and listen.

Truth is I always been fan of VE porous foam. I just recently found full foam is not that bad.
Are you talking about Sony E808+ or 808LP. I saw 203 different models of 808. Which one is with deep and punchy bass? Also, do they have mic version and also are they with asymmetric size of right and left ear cable or Y shaped?

Jun 12, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #20,694 of 75,699
Jun 12, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #20,695 of 75,699
@noknok23 : Thanks for sharing impression. I'm quite surprised that Campfred doesn't take a big leap improvement over PS100-600 because Campfred's price is 2-3 times of PS100-600's price. Do both provide similar sound signature? I checked on taobao and read recent feedbacks by using google translate. It seems PS-600S + 600-core cable got positive praise. I own PS100-500 Pop balanced and I like this kind of tuning so I'm interested in PS-600S as well. :)

Blame my ears or the setup i'm using but we navigate into TOTL territories, the differences are very subtle. In the early days, I heard that Campfred was around 100 before its massive success. Remember that not so long ago PS600 was priced at 140/170 (and still is in some stores) but didn't seems to got the love it deserved, overshadowed by too many competitors... price doesn't mean much... I think CF is still overall more refined. They both react very different depending on the source and campfred will sound like crap on zishan because it is too transparent but will be astonishing on m1s balanced... I don't have a proper amp to drive PS600 on the aune but I read that you can go into very high level of refinement with the ps600 using a desktop dac/amp. I did tried listening to the same music at same volume with ps600zishan on one side and campfred m1s on the other and the differences were far from obvious.

Short version: ps600 below $100 is a very fine deal.

any info about theses? Saikou V1 from Dinnov :flushed:
19106059_1681569735482823_8949038982223832689_n.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #20,696 of 75,699
One more question, I can understand that IEMs seal very well, they have very active noise cancellation feature and they have deep bass and as desired as sound signature, but why few Earbuds costs 100+ or even 150-200+ also. They don't seal, not much bass (if Bass is there then no high or no smoothness etc.). Any specific reason or they just price. Like VE Zen Black 44 TRRS is $358 and OSTRY KC08T is $129.

Jun 12, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #20,697 of 75,699
@AkashS04 One of these days, if you're up in CT area (unless your in upstate NY), we can schedule a listen of the higher end Zen line if you're interested. I have the Zen 2.0 Standard (2.5mm TRRS) and the Zen 2.0 Black Edition (4 pin XLR). I agree, they don't have a lot of bass. They are more like an "open" headphone... but still bass light. Though, the mid bass, mids and highs sound fantastic! Always puts a smile on my face. Now, I'm looking for bassier IEMs to satisfy that need as well.

Jun 12, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #20,699 of 75,699
Noooo...As silent reader I really enjoyed your short impression to whatever you have collected in this thread so far. So, how is your impression toward the last photo you uploaded on OP? :D

No worry, I'll keep to posting short impression if nothing else.

On that note, just finish listening to both Shozy BK / Stardust and Cygnus LE (with a side serving of regular Cygnus) - I think overall I'll say the two are nearly equal in SQ, but with a rather different presentation. BK really has more or less a mature / smooth yet fairly all-accomplishing sound, especially when driven balanced. Some might have called it being a bit too neutral, which I don't think is the most corrected word to my opinion, but rather a bit on the blander (= lacking strong character) side of presentation. Cygnus LE, if anything, is comparatively more energetic and forwarded sounding. If BK is aimed to be an all rounder, Cygnus LE is really more of a 'pop star', so to speak. In contrast, Cygnus LE has a fuller and forwarder presentation with a harder hitting bass and overall dynamic, which goes really well with mainstream music. In exchange of this more energetic sound, Cygnus LE has a smaller soundstage as everything tends to sound fuller but also more 'in-your-face'. Though technically Cygnus LE can hit just as high and low a note as BK, the forwardness in presentation means 'big' music like classical lost a bit of grandness on it, but pop and rock gain a bit of more sweetness and PRaT. It is all about give and take between the BK and Cygnus LE. In that sense, I think the regular Cygnus is more or less in-between the two but more toward BK in tuning.

Jun 12, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #20,700 of 75,699
@ClieOS I believe I read that you've listened to the Standard Zen 2.0. Have you tried the Black Edition, and if so...how does that compare to the Shozy BK/Cygnus offerings that you mentioned? I'm curious to try something new (If I don't get an IEM).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back