Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 11, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #20,656 of 75,708
I do hope the Svara shows up on tracking soon. Jim assured me it's been sent out, but usually 12 days later I'd have something on my tracking by now. At this point I really feel like I have a ton of audio gear coming in, and really hoping some of them impress.

My Svara L order, placed on 29-Apr, departed China on 01-Jun, and arrived in the USA (JFK Airport) on 08-Jun.
It was transferred to the USPS in Stamford, CT on 09-Jun, and on to the USPS Sorting / Customs Center in Flushing, NY on 09-Jun.
The current status is - "Arrive at destination country, waiting for customs clearance"

Jun 11, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #20,657 of 75,708
My Svara L order, placed on 29-Apr, departed China on 01-Jun, and arrived in the USA (JFK Airport) on 08-Jun.
It was transferred to the USPS in Stamford, CT on 09-Jun, and on to the USPS Sorting / Customs Center in Flushing, NY on 09-Jun.
The current status is - "Arrive at destination country, waiting for customs clearance"

Mine was placed on 4-24 and no updates as of yet.

Jun 11, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #20,658 of 75,708
So... For work, I have 2 waterproof pockets in my book bag that I would hold my earbuds in. One is only large enough for a medium-sized DAP. The other is a little larger, but I've had to jam my poor earbuds into small cases.

doobQ0l.jpg
RjiZDRD.jpg

However, now the DX200 is too large and I've had to put it into the second pocket. Been trying to find an easier, safer alternative for all my earbuds and this was I what I got.

5sbLdw9.jpg
Qk14vKB.jpg

Tiny burlap sacks and a waterproof pelican hard case from Amazon. I also bought "Pick N' Pluck foam", but I may not need it anymore. It's snug enough inside so they don't bounce around.

Jun 11, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #20,659 of 75,708

Since it is in my neck of the woods... let me demo them for you! :)

Jun 11, 2017 at 12:57 PM Post #20,660 of 75,708
Mine was placed on 4-24 and no updates as of yet.
What service did you use? I have an EMS package that hasn't updated its tracking for 2 weeks since it shipped. And I thought EMS usually takes less than a week. I ended up submitting a search request to my post office yesterday (only cause I couldn't reach their damn customer support...).

Jun 11, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #20,662 of 75,708
I've opened negotiations with Wong, to get a set of "Blur 魔音” - 300ohm drivers, hand twisted OCC SPC wires, hand twisted copper wire splitter, with a 2.5mm TRRS plug.

Please keep us posted about your impressions when you get them DB9, I contacted Wong via gmail asking for a price list etc but he told me to contact him via Facebook which I can´t / won´t do since I don´t have an account nor plan to have one.

Jun 11, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #20,663 of 75,708
I've opened negotiations with Wong, to get a set of "Blur 魔音” - 300ohm drivers, hand twisted OCC SPC wires, hand twisted copper wire splitter, with a 2.5mm TRRS plug.

Entered negotiations? Sounds like some kind of high-powered business deal. I just asked how much and bought a pair

Please keep us posted about your impressions when you get them DB9, I contacted Wong via gmail asking for a price list etc but he told me to contact him via Facebook which I can´t / won´t do since I don´t have an account nor plan to have one.

You'll miss out, then. There are quite a few DIY guys who sells through Facebook messenger...

Jun 11, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #20,664 of 75,708
@Narayan23
Make an account with fake name and dump e-mail address.
Even use a free proxy when using facebook, (like dotvpn) mixed with Ghostery, Do not track, uBlock Origin, and you are most likely to be safe, much more anonymous than on head-fi actually^-^.

Jun 11, 2017 at 4:34 PM Post #20,665 of 75,708
@Narayan23
Make an account with fake name and dump e-mail address.
Even use a free proxy when using facebook, (like dotvpn) mixed with Ghostery, Do not track, uBlock Origin, and you are most likely to be safe, much more anonymous than on head-fi actually^-^.

You got something to hide, bro?

Jun 11, 2017 at 5:18 PM Post #20,667 of 75,708
I use 5mm Nylon spiral "cable organizers" that you can get everywhere, mainly to protect ALL my wires, and in particular earbuds, from my cats.
With these "organizers", you can also fold very long cables....or J-cables, and then just wrap the spiral around it...which could be an option for those who don't want to re-cable earbuds. Disadvantage is that the wires get a little heavier and stiffer with the spiral wrapped around them, but in my case it doesn't matter. Just a tip for those who don't want to rewire because of too long cables or J-cables.

Jun 11, 2017 at 5:28 PM Post #20,668 of 75,708
Entered negotiations? Sounds like some kind of high-powered business deal. I just asked how much and bought a pair

You'll miss out, then. There are quite a few DIY guys who sells through Facebook messenger...

Yeah I´ll miss out but surely a guy with the skill to make earbuds has the ability to put up a website so that people like me can give him their money, there´s thousands of millions of people that don´t have a Facebook account so maybe Wong is missing out too.

Jun 11, 2017 at 5:33 PM Post #20,669 of 75,708
Yeah I´ll miss out but surely a guy with the skill to make earbuds has the ability to put up a website so that people like me can give him their money, there´s thousands of millions of people that don´t have a Facebook account so maybe Wong is missing out too.

That's true. I mean, it can at least go up on eBay with a set price and sit there for 30 days at a clip.

Jun 11, 2017 at 5:51 PM Post #20,670 of 75,708
I would do anything I can do to slow-down this scary trend of global mass surveillance.
I'm sure the government has better things to do than listen in to what earbuds you're buying.

Well, a website costs money. What I don't understand is you contacted him through gmail, and then he tells you to go through Facebook. Why?...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back