Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 9, 2017 at 7:29 PM Post #20,642 of 75,708
Ok, Is there a link to purchase the Blur?
I messaged Wong Kthrough Facebook messenger.
Ok, Is there a link to purchase the Blur?
I messaged Wong Kuan Wae through Facebook messenger. He is an active member of Earbuds Anonymous, a group started by bloody penguin. He has 3 levels of the blur and is very responsive with info.

Jun 9, 2017 at 8:29 PM Post #20,643 of 75,708
how much does these blur cost and are they totl level buds, also do they have warm and fatigue free sound signature.

Jun 9, 2017 at 9:00 PM Post #20,644 of 75,708
how much does these blur cost and are they totl level buds, also do they have warm and fatigue free sound signature.
I don't like to quote prices from small businesses especially if they're new but very reasonable imho.
Contact Wong through Facebook.
My best earbuds before the blur are edimun v3 rho and the blurs are far above them on all counts.
I'm floored that I'm able to compare them to my totl headphones and iems though.
That makes me suspect that they are indeed totl quality. They are not dark but have quality bass. They are a little more fun than neutral but clean, clear. I can hear things analytically but they don't sound impersonally sterile. Hope that helps.

Jun 9, 2017 at 11:52 PM Post #20,645 of 75,708
Really? I actually had the ER4-XR and still thought that was pretty light on the bass. Extremely accurate IEM, but non-existent soundstage though. Would love to hear an earbud with that level of accuracy and neutrality, which is what I'm hoping the CAX Black will be (if I ever get it!). Only sold mine because I couldn't get it to fit in my ear without lube. And it's really awkward to apply ear lube in work lol.

There's only so many different types of sound signatures though. Dark, warm, neutral, and bright. Then you get to different implementations. It doesn't take long to find out what signature you like (I prefer neutral with a warm or bright tilt). I go for TOTL earbuds because of the increased resolution, clarity, and soundstage. It's interesting to hear the same songs you've always been listening to at this level, because it feels like you're right there. I've always been an analytical listener though, so I love picking out details, even in warm signatures.

Applying lube....hmm that is kind of awkward especially doing so in public but anyhow, I pick my earphone based on my current feeling only if I happen to carry all of them around, still my preferred signature is overly bright, absolute zero coldness and -10db ~ -20db of bass......well this way I can enjoy my music without any "womp womp womp" kind of sound, especially when I am exhausted.

Well, today I spent many hours with them, and I was not tired, but the battery was blown off, lol

That happens...... especially you had decided that you are going to play with all of the newly arrived earbuds in a day (from morning till night) and ignore all the work that have been stacking up since.........forever......

Jun 10, 2017 at 1:08 AM Post #20,649 of 75,708
I find the bass on the Masya good, but I am not a basshead by any means and I use full foams to help keep them in my ears. The speed, which I translate as details, is excellent in the Masya. They really are an excellent earbud and value if you can make the different fit work for you.
Thank you for your thoughts I appreciate it.

I'm not a basshead either, but I also do not like bass lite buds like Monk +.

Jun 10, 2017 at 7:45 PM Post #20,652 of 75,708
ISK SEM1: Bass is a bit lacking, warm and smooth, forwarding midrange (best for Vocal). Good soundstage with good depth and instrument seperation is second to none in its price range. They could only be found in China or ISK distributor, the price is insane, just under $3.
2017fe5e0cf8-210b-4ef6-9710-bf9acdeac979.jpg

Jun 11, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #20,654 of 75,708
Yes. "Blur 魔声/聲” - 300ohm drivers with hand twisted OCC copper wires, hand twisted copper wire splitter, and oyaide silver rhodium plug.

I've opened negotiations with Wong, to get a set of "Blur 魔音” - 300ohm drivers, hand twisted OCC SPC wires, hand twisted copper wire splitter, with a 2.5mm TRRS plug.

Jun 11, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #20,655 of 75,708
I do hope the Svara shows up on tracking soon. Jim assured me it's been sent out, but usually 12 days later I'd have something on my tracking by now. At this point I really feel like I have a ton of audio gear coming in, and really hoping some of them impress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back