Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 28, 2012 at 1:54 AM Post #182 of 75,289
How does Blox m2c vs Yuin pk1 ClieOS..?
beerchug.gif

Apr 28, 2012 at 4:19 AM Post #183 of 75,289
How does Blox m2c vs Yuin pk1 ClieOS..?:beerchug:

M2c vs. PK1 is somewhat covered in my M2c review. You can find it here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/603310/review-blox-m2c

In short, I think M2c is on the top-tier level as PK1, but not quite beating other top dogs just yet.

May 1, 2012 at 1:21 AM Post #185 of 75,289
how about Sansa Buds? do u think it should be on category 3 or 4?

I have two different Sansa earbuds (one from Fuze while the other from Clip+, forget which is which), one of them is actually quite decent (a category 3) while the other is mediocre (lower category 3 or category 4). I'll put them into the ranking on my next earbud review, and perhaps some picture as well.

May 9, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #186 of 75,289
Have you had a chance to listen to the HiSoundAudio Live (not Living)?  I am looking for another earbud to compliment my PK1, so I'm looking for something that has better speed/PRaT with decent bass.  Therefore I am considering either the HiSoundAudio Live or the NineWave NW Studio Pro.  I will mainly be using it with RSA Mustang + iPod, and I listen to quite a bit of rock and hip-hop.

Any recommendations for my needs is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

May 10, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #188 of 75,289
Have you had a chance to listen to the HiSoundAudio Live (not Living)? 

Unfortunately no.

Forgive me if it sounds stupid or repeated but,
Can we have custom earbuds and I'm not talking about custom dynamic drivers to solve fit and isolation issue?
Thanks.

Not really understand what you are referring as custom... like build to order earbuds? I know Audio Technical has a website where you can order earbuds with custom color, which is about as custom as it gets.

May 10, 2012 at 2:43 AM Post #189 of 75,289
No I'm not talking about cosmetics and not about custom tips but like custom iem.
I like sound directly coming from drivers like earbuds and not through narrow tube/pipes like iem, but fit is an issue with most of earbuds and so is isolation.
Would it be a good idea to have custom molded earbuds so they can have good fit & decent isolation.
Hope I'm clear this time.

May 10, 2012 at 3:16 AM Post #190 of 75,289
No I'm not talking about cosmetics but like custom iem.
I like sound directly coming from drivers like earbuds and not through narrow tube/pipes like iem, but fit is an issue with most of earbuds and so is isolation.
Would it be a good idea to have custom molded earbuds so they can have good fit & decent isolation.
Hope I'm clear this time.

The problem is, once you put a custom mold on earbuds, you are more or less turning it into an IEM and loss the point of a 'cutom earbuds' anymore. Also, almost any mold will make an earbud sounds worst because it changes the acoustic impedance of the earbud. This is because most earbuds are designed to best in open air and mold will add seal. You might as well get a decent IEM instead.

May 10, 2012 at 8:26 AM Post #191 of 75,289
I think we will make it IEM only if we channel the sound through tube like part.
What I mean that putting earbud inner mechanism in custom shells while keeping the output as wide and open as we normally use.
My main objective is to eliminate fit & isolation issue.
Am I expressing myself correctly?

May 10, 2012 at 11:32 AM Post #192 of 75,289
I think we will make it IEM only if we channel the sound through tube like part.
What I mean that putting earbud inner mechanism in custom shells while keeping the output as wide and open as we normally use.
My main objective is to eliminate fit & isolation issue.
Am I expressing myself correctly?

Yes, but you misunderstand what makes buds sound the way they do. It is not just the wide open tubeless output, but also the lack of seal and the air that is present around the bud. If you change the fit, they will sound different. It is most likely going to be bad.

May 10, 2012 at 12:37 PM Post #193 of 75,289
You can try Yurbud, or its adapter. I don't think it is quite as good sounding as some of the earbuds we are discussing here, but it does give you somewhat of a more secure fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back