Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 7, 2017 at 4:44 PM Post #19,472 of 75,665
  I already have Qian39, VE Monk+, SHE3800, **** PT15 ecc
Are there others best budget earbuds to buy that sounds differents?
Yes, I like the bass :)

Sharp 1bit, if you can find some

Apr 7, 2017 at 5:04 PM Post #19,473 of 75,665
Hi guys, i hate to ask but i've hit a stone right now. I tried to open the Qian39 buds to no avail. Do i have to stick something into it and pry it open?

Apr 7, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #19,475 of 75,665
Hi guys, i hate to ask but i've hit a stone right now. I tried to open the Qian39 buds to no avail. Do i have to stick something into it and pry it open?

I remember I opened it with just my thumb nail, shouldn't be very difficult 

Apr 7, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #19,476 of 75,665
  Where to buy Frederick?
In Aliex. are available? 
Do you think is it opportune to buy Awei ES10, RY 4S etc..?!
Last but non least a kit of foam...

I bought it from Taobao, but there are some available on ebay too. 

US seller:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SHARP-1-Bit-4-Poles-Earphones-Monster-3-5mm-iCablelink-Headphones-iPhone-Adapter-/390942638068

Australian seller:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Sharp-1BIT-4H-Unit-Headphones-Extension-Cable-/300552859462

Haven't tried the other 2 earbuds you mentioned. 

Apr 7, 2017 at 5:22 PM Post #19,477 of 75,665
  I just uploaded my review of the Rose Masya:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/rose-masya/reviews/18370

--

Nice review. I find I like these quite a bit, though am noting my Masya (recent purchase) have a different screen over the drivers, where the perforations are continuous throughout the screen. I do have a hard time with fit, struggling with this, but find the sound to be very good, especially considering the price point. Nice extension top to bottom, and very smooth. The Shozy BK showed up this week, and I'm finding that I use them more due to fit. While the bottom end on the BK is a bit stronger in my system, I do miss the more open top end of the Masya, hoping the BK will open up a bit more. Need to spend some time on fitting the Masya, see what I can sort out.

Cheers.

Apr 7, 2017 at 5:35 PM Post #19,478 of 75,665
  Gonna get the Qian39. Thinking of getting it from aliexpress here.

I'm not too thrilled with the 39-59 days to wait though (and the aliexpress premium shipping for faster shipping costs too much). Does anyone know if these are sold someplace that uses epacket?

They arrived! First impressions: they are great! @vapman, you were right about the walnut, and you are right about the qian39's.
beerchug.gif

I have one other Qian39 in stock form around, and man it just sounds like a distant radio compared to the recabled one.

The sound is pushed back a bit (compared to the monk +'s for instance). I don't mind that - they still sound great to me. But, you've got me interested in how they would sound recabled!

I have put a half dozen different cables on qian39.
No two sounded alike.
My recommendation, get  some backup qian39's, cause you will break at least one if its your first time modding, and don't buy more than one of any cable until you've tried some stuff.

Was there a big difference in sound..... yes. I did a couple other things too but it's like h180 vs. demun/edimun.

I am listening to some Lee Marrow and the bass power makes me want to cry tears of joy.

I don't have the skittles for recabling. But I know someone who does <cough> @nick n <cough>.

I think what you are saying is that I should order a few pairs for him pronto!

Apr 7, 2017 at 11:03 PM Post #19,480 of 75,665
Does anyone know about this earbud? Apparently no logo on them, only some dubious claim of German lineage... 

Apr 7, 2017 at 11:19 PM Post #19,481 of 75,665
I remember I opened it with just my thumb nail, shouldn't be very difficult 

Thanks! But when i tried to pry it open i almost bent my thumbnails lol xD shall try it again as i am super curious how it'd sound and i ordered a few (bunch) of them during the 8th annivery sale.

Apr 7, 2017 at 11:55 PM Post #19,482 of 75,665
Anyone has pictures or link to BHOBuds? Their site says that it is not for faint heart and only for Basshead. Are they that good? Let me also see if any review here.

I ordered some awhile ago but haven't received them yet. Once I get them, I'll be sure to post pictures and let you all know what I think.

Apr 8, 2017 at 1:01 AM Post #19,483 of 75,665
I hear that it's not only about power, some earphones pair well with some amps and some don't? Still can't find if the VE RA runs only batteries or can be run through regular Ac adapter like a desktop amp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back