Earbuds Round-Up
Feb 24, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #18,153 of 75,835
I need a earbud with good bass and soundstage. I'm a basshead. My budget is under $300. And it can pair with my sony wm1a orwalnut v2 without an amp. I prefer it can swap a cable with mmcx, because i have a extra silver cable from my vegas. If not its fine. Any recommendations ? I just bought a zen 2 but i don't like the sq.

Depends what you consider good bass, IEM levels ain't gonna happen in an earbud. To be honest I'm struggling to think of any MMCX earbuds other than the **** PT15 which can be bought without cable, although I only buy budget cos I buy so many.

Feb 24, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #18,154 of 75,835
Depends what you consider good bass, IEM levels ain't gonna happen in an earbud. To be honest I'm struggling to think of any MMCX earbuds other than the **** PT15 which can be bought without cable, although I only buy budget cos I buy so many.

I bought a set of Daik DK-Song earbuds for $46.95, without a cable.

Feb 24, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #18,155 of 75,835
I need a earbud with good bass and soundstage. I'm a basshead. My budget is under $300. And it can pair with my sony wm1a orwalnut v2 without an amp. I prefer it can swap a cable with mmcx, because i have a extra silver cable from my vegas. If not its fine. Any recommendations ? I just bought a zen 2 but i don't like the sq.

I wouldn't drop 300 from the get go, try the qian 39, she3800, e808+ from there you decide if you want more and can go into ones like edimun, yinman 500, red demun etc. Just my 2 cents.

Feb 24, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #18,157 of 75,835
Hey guys, been following this thread for a while but never posted, looking for a little bit of help with my next purchase.

I already have a small collection of earbuds:

- **** PT15 (too bright for me, no low end)
- Qian 25 (too bright for me)
- TY HI-Z  32ohm (too bright for me)
- Qian 39 (warm sound signature to my ears but really enjoyable)
- Toneking TP16 (almost neutral sound signature to my ears, really enjoyable... also love love love the cable)
- Monk Plus (fun sound signature, really enjoyable)

Currently in my ali shopping cart:

RY4S, Faaeal 32ohm, https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-New-Arrival-In-ear-Earphones-Flat-Head-Plug-DIY-Earphone-HiFi-Bass-Earbuds-DJ-Earbuds/32759573651.html (no idea what these are called) and Boarseman MX98s (mostly because I love their looks). Any of these I should steer away from?

I mostly listen to indie and electronic music. Thanks in advance for any advice.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 24, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #18,158 of 75,835
I need a earbud with good bass and soundstage. I'm a basshead. My budget is under $300. And it can pair with my sony wm1a orwalnut v2 without an amp. I prefer it can swap a cable with mmcx

I can't even think of any earbud (not IEM) over $300, so cost is not a limitation. Yinman 600 ohm has MMCX connectors and good bass and soundstage, but I don't know if your players can drive it adequately. 

Feb 24, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #18,159 of 75,835
  Hey guys, been following this thread for a while but never posted, looking for a little bit of help with my next purchase.

- Toneking TP16 (almost neutral sound signature to my ears, really enjoyable... also love love love the cable)

RY4S, Faaeal 32ohm, https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-New-Arrival-In-ear-Earphones-Flat-Head-Plug-DIY-Earphone-HiFi-Bass-Earbuds-DJ-Earbuds/32759573651.html (no idea what these are called) and Boarseman MX98s (mostly because I love their looks). Any of these I should steer away from?

I mostly listen to indie and electronic music. Thanks in advance for any advice.
smily_headphones1.gif

I've been impressed with the Mantis C7 (currently $12.77 on AliExpress).  It's Bass impact and range are nearly equivalent to my VE Asura 2.0 (2.5TRRS), which was $88.

Feb 24, 2017 at 3:57 PM Post #18,161 of 75,835
Is it possible to buy and change Flat cable to the existing ones? What change it makes on present audio quality. For example, if I want Flat and Tangle Free cable for Monk+, can it be done? How and if Flat/Tangle Free cable is available to buy? I want cable like UiiSii U2. Really liked them. But no idea how to change and what tools will be required.

Feb 24, 2017 at 3:59 PM Post #18,162 of 75,835

I mostly listen to indie and electronic music. Thanks in advance for any advice. :)  

Philips SHE3800 or the previous Monk if you can still find.

Feb 24, 2017 at 4:03 PM Post #18,164 of 75,835
Is it possible to buy and change Flat cable to the existing ones? What change it makes on present audio quality. For example, if I want Flat and Tangle Free cable for Monk+, can it be done? How and if Flat/Tangle Free cable is available to buy? I want cable like UiiSii U2. Really liked them. But no idea how to change and what tools will be required.

From now on I'll ignore all your silly posts. Sorry but you should be having fun with us do you?

Feb 24, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #18,165 of 75,835

smily_headphones1.gif

What is your audio source? Hate to state the obvious, have your tried adjusting EQ? IMO the Qian39 and Monk+ should have more than enough bass for indie and electronic music  - both respond well to EQ adjustment. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back