Earbuds Round-Up
Feb 24, 2017 at 4:24 PM Post #18,167 of 75,470
I have not seen any flat cables for sale, but you could find a cheap earbud with a flat cable and use that. To change cables you will need a soldering iron, i recommend getting a nice one with temperature control like the hakko FX888D. Soldering is fairly easy, but you should get some practice before working on something you are afraid to break. For opening the earbud, if it uses lots of glue, you should use a heat gun or a hair dryer. Otherwise you could just use a razor blade. Be sure to take your time and be very careful while opening earbuds so you don't break anything.    

Feb 24, 2017 at 4:24 PM Post #18,168 of 75,470
Please keep cool guys.
I can only say that many have tried, all of them have failed to help him unfortunately.
Just a moment of turbulence, please stay seated and attach your seat belt.
Sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you for flying with Head-Fly.

Feb 24, 2017 at 4:26 PM Post #18,169 of 75,470
600ohm is too much for me. I don't wanna stack any amp to my dap. I just need anything has better bass than zen2.

The Zen2 needs an amp ideally, and isn't known for being bassy, interested what made you choose it, as it's quite an expensive choice for something that doesn't suit your tastes (I love it btw, vocals sound stunning and I find the overall sound signature really more-ish). For bassy earbuds, I only really know the obvious budget choices (eg Qian39, RY4S, TY HP150).

Feb 24, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #18,170 of 75,470
What is your audio source? Hate to state the obvious, have your tried adjusting EQ? IMO the Qian39 and Monk+ should have more than enough bass for indie and electronic music  - both respond well to EQ adjustment. 

The Monk+ don't have quite enough bass for me to listen to EDM with them, but they sound amazing listening to something like Rage Against the Machine or OK Computer, mind blowing how good they can sound for the money.

Feb 24, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #18,171 of 75,470
600ohm is too much for me. I don't wanna stack any amp to my dap. I just need anything has better bass than zen2.

As long as you don't push the volume to the maximum - Cypherus CampFred. Best and deepest bass I've heard in a pair of low impedance earbuds. They cost $150 without shipping. People who have used CampFred with mobile phones have not been overly impressed but out of a good DAP CampFred can really impress you.

Feb 24, 2017 at 4:56 PM Post #18,172 of 75,470
Ughhhhhh I broke another 3800 driver :disappointed_relieved: just a heads up to everyone, be careful when opening your 3800.

The trick to opening them is applicable to all other buds with a driver which isn't secured to the front cover with glue. One day you will stop crunching them during opening, and one day you'll stop crunching them when closin them too 
wink.gif

Feb 24, 2017 at 5:09 PM Post #18,173 of 75,470
  Currently in my ali shopping cart:

RY4S, Faaeal 32ohm, https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-New-Arrival-In-ear-Earphones-Flat-Head-Plug-DIY-Earphone-HiFi-Bass-Earbuds-DJ-Earbuds/32759573651.html (no idea what these are called) and Boarseman MX98s (mostly because I love their looks). Any of these I should steer away from?

I mostly listen to indie and electronic music. Thanks in advance for any advice.
smily_headphones1.gif

Not sure about you shopping card (currently waiting for RY4S), but taking in account the comments about your current collection, I agree with @ozkan. SHE3800 would make a nice addition to your collection. Using them as I write and listen to some indie rock (Bombay Bicycle Club, Grizzly Bear, Vampire Weekend)
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 24, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #18,174 of 75,470
Hey guys, been following this thread for a while but never posted, looking for a little bit of help with my next purchase.

I already have a small collection of earbuds:

- **** PT15 (too bright for me, no low end)
- Qian 25 (too bright for me)
- TY HI-Z  32ohm (too bright for me)
- Qian 39 (warm sound signature to my ears but really enjoyable)
- Toneking TP16 (almost neutral sound signature to my ears, really enjoyable... also love love love the cable)
- Monk Plus (fun sound signature, really enjoyable)

Currently in my ali shopping cart:

RY4S, Faaeal 32ohm, https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-New-Arrival-In-ear-Earphones-Flat-Head-Plug-DIY-Earphone-HiFi-Bass-Earbuds-DJ-Earbuds/32759573651.html (no idea what these are called) and Boarseman MX98s (mostly because I love their looks). Any of these I should steer away from?

I mostly listen to indie and electronic music. Thanks in advance for any advice. :)  

The RY4S and Boarseman MX98S are both fun and listenable and I recommend. The DIY unnamed is pretty good, quite forward sounding but not harsh, with decent bass. If anything maybe a bit too similar to the Boarseman. The Faaeal I haven't really used much, I need to give it another try.

For these 4 though, you're 2/3 towards the price of the Asura, which I'd also recommend as an awesome earbud and a definite favorite.

Feb 24, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #18,177 of 75,470
As long as you don't push the volume to the maximum - Cypherus CampFred. Best and deepest bass I've heard in a pair of low impedance earbuds. They cost $150 without shipping. People who have used CampFred with mobile phones have not been overly impressed but out of a good DAP CampFred can really impress you.

WHere can i buy it ?

Feb 24, 2017 at 6:06 PM Post #18,178 of 75,470

I mostly listen to indie and electronic music. Thanks in advance for any advice.
smily_headphones1.gif

IMO 32ohm FAAEAL is not too different from qian25 and I wouldn't bother. Then agian you like monk plus which to me is way to mid centric and not good as ty32 or qian25 so i dunno, you're call. 

Feb 24, 2017 at 6:07 PM Post #18,179 of 75,470
Looked at link and into item description, Yincrow X6 looks to be a totally different earbud to the golden twisty cable one

You're completely right, I was fooled by the advertising in the page and only looked to the box
rolleyes.gif

According to the page, the brand is Fengru but you can see other "Fengrus" marked as Faaeal (or Fareal??)
confused_face_2.gif

I guess unnamed is a good name...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back