Earbuds Round-Up
Feb 24, 2017 at 10:15 AM Post #18,121 of 75,871

It's about as bassy as a budget earbud gets, roughly on par with E808+.  Vocals are fairly normal too, so ultimately it's a fun sounding bud.  Stock cable is certainly thin and most likely easily damaged.  The last time I listened to it was on Opus #1, so some deficiencies might be compensated for by the dap.

Hmm guess i will give it a try purely because it has a mic. No other earbuds are on my wishlist atm.

Feb 24, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #18,122 of 75,871
Do I look like a fool who will buy $260 IEM? 

If you go down from $260 to $150 you can buy Cypherus CampFred earbuds. You will never find earbuds with a warmer sound, deeper sub bass and more forgiving but still detailed treble. If I look at what you search for CampFred might just be perfect.
If you stick to budget earbuds you will find some great stuff. But never anything that ticks all of your boxes.

I think you should get all 3 budget earbuds you mention. Or a pair of CampFred. If you don't like CampFred I'll be glad to buy it from you. I could always use a spare pair of CampFred...

Feb 24, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #18,123 of 75,871
If you go down from $260 to $150 you can buy Cypherus CampFred earbuds. You will never find earbuds with a warmer sound, deeper sub bass and more forgiving but still detailed treble. If I look at what you search for CampFred might just be perfect.
If you stick to budget earbuds you will find some great stuff. But never anything that ticks all of your boxes.

I think you should get all 3 budget earbuds you mention. Or a pair of CampFred. If you don't like CampFred I'll be glad to buy it from you. I could always use a spare pair of CampFred...

$150 too expensive. Even if they are best. 

Feb 24, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #18,124 of 75,871

Do I look like a fool who will buy $260 IEM? 

He wants to hear the sound of merciful blasting gods and upper price limit. $7. Imagine being on the top of a tall peak during a thunder storm. The lightening strikes the rocks (above the tree line) and you hear and feel the crash of the thunder, the vibration resonates through your body . The question is what is the best earbud for that price range? Also source is the and early generation of iPod Nano. 

Feb 24, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #18,125 of 75,871
Nowadays in earbud world, I really pity VE's earbuds too much. It seem likes every earbuds from other companies want to kill them all. Please spare Monk+'s life. 
triportsad.gif

Feb 24, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #18,126 of 75,871
See, I cannot spend $30-40 on buying all three earbuds and see which one is good one. Already spent more than $120-130 and also replaced my iPod nano 1G (bought one form ebay later though) for Nano 7G. S before placing an order, I wanted to get some opinion. You may be millionaire so can buy $260 earphone but for me it is really big amount. 

I do understand your concerns. You gather all the information before purchasing another earbud and you don't want to send your money to trash but you forget that everyone here has different tastes and perception in sound. You may call an earbud bass heavy while I find them bass light. My treasure can be your waste bla bla.

What you forget and the most important thing of the chain is your source or dap whatever you want to call it and I highly doubt that any Apple products will give you heart shaking bass. You'd better search for some more powerful sources with good equliazers.

1-I can recommend you one and it is Xduoo X3 with rockbox so you can pump up the bass to your liking.

2-You can look for thick donut foams like Hiegi foams

3-If you are skilled in DIY you can add some Blu-tac or cotton inside your earbuds or recable them with copper cables and see if you like them more.

I don't think any earbuds will give you gombs of bass because of their open design. That's why I recommended you an IEM.

Good luck because you really need it lol. :smile:

Feb 24, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #18,129 of 75,871

Whatever we recommend you'll ask the same questions over over and over again and never listen to us. So why don't you rest and let us breath lol?

If you want the best bass buy CKR9 iem. That's my last suggestion.

I think we should all chip-in and buy this head-fi brother an earbud of his choice in his time of need.

Crowdfunding? I'm in for a few dollars!

Feb 24, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #18,130 of 75,871
I think we should all chip-in and buy this head-fi brother an earbud of his choice in his time of need.

Seriously i think that if someone is cash-strapped and can't stand budget stuff then it would be better for that person's own good and sanity to stay clear of Head-fi or any serious audio forum.

Feb 24, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #18,131 of 75,871
  See, I cannot spend $30-40 on buying all three earbuds and see which one is good one. Already spent more than $120-130 and also replaced my iPod nano 1G (bought one form ebay later though) for Nano 7G. S before placing an order, I wanted to get some opinion. You may be millionaire so can buy $260 earphone but for me it is really big amount. 

We already recommended 3 earbuds to you, all of which can be obtained under 15$. So I am not really sure why are you thinking to spend 30$-40$ now.

SHE3800: 3$
Qian25: 7$
RY4S: 5$

Now before writing again on this thread with the same question over and over, go buy those three, report here when you review all of them, and we might give further help based on your considerations. :)

Feb 24, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #18,132 of 75,871

Seriously i think that if somone is cash-strapped and can't stand budget stuff then it would be better for that person's own good and sanity to be off Head-fi or any serious audio forum.

He was in the hospital recently. I think he can legitimately start a Go Fund Me campaign if willing to provide documentation that he was in the hospital and had a large bill not covered by insurance.

https://funds.gofundme.com/dashboard/create

Then he can use the proceeds to buy a TOTL earbud. And if still not satisfied after that, not much we can do.

Feb 24, 2017 at 11:17 AM Post #18,133 of 75,871
  We already recommended 3 earbuds to you, all of which can be obtained under 15$. So I am not really sure why are you thinking to spend 30$-40$ now.

SHE3800: 3$
Qian25: 7$
RY4S: 5$

Now before writing again on this thread with the same question over and over, go buy those three, report here when you review all of them, and we might give further help based on your considerations. :)

Ok. Did you get your RY4S and already used them? How they are? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back