Earbuds Round-Up
Feb 13, 2017 at 2:49 AM Post #17,567 of 75,672

Buds you can safely use with the iFi Micro iDSD on Turbo Mode (or any other 4W+ amp at full power)

Ranked by how much power they can take with no problem, before sound either distorts or becomes uncontrolled, with extreme sub bass EQ and bass boost switch set to "full". For those who like to feel like their earbuds are about to explode with energy.

• VE Asura 2.0
  • TY 650
  • Recabled vintage Sony bud
  • Qian39
  • VE Monk+
  • Baldor E100
  • Yinman 150 (I don't own 500 OR i only assume it would be better)
  • SHE3800
  • Sony E808+

If they didn't make the list and I own them, they couldn't handle being fed over a full watt of power.   

The only one that could take 1W but with the EQ bypassed.... Puresounds 600.

No earbuds were harmed in the process of this test.

​

From another angle, we can think that its power capacity is bigger, sound stability is better,:)
I think ‘easy or not easy’ is decided by soundstage 、detail、positioning、”spacesence“...etc when directly drived with daps ,after all it is a portable headset ;The reason why I  like ty400 and 400s  less  is that they could't give me a relaxable soundstage,vocal is too close,“spacesense” is not good enough;Anyway ,people's taste is different;Choose those what you like

Feb 13, 2017 at 6:22 AM Post #17,569 of 75,672
  From another angle, we can think that its power capacity is big , sound stability is good;LOL
I think ‘easy or not easy’ is decided by soundstage 、detail、positioning、”spacesence“...etc when directly drived with daps after all it is a portable headset ;The reason why I  like ty400 and 400s  less  is that they could't give me a relaxable soundstage,vocal is too close,“spacesense” is not good enough;Anyway ,people's taste is different;Choose those what you like

The thing to me is Puresound 600 is totally better if no eq. But with more amp power, i would prefer to use ty 650. for example, ty 650 can be loud enough at iDSD Micro normal mode, but it sounds BETTER on turbo mode 
smily_headphones1.gif

看见了800-1700欧

Look closely and one can see 800-1700 ohm section in Ty's official store

the problem for as long as i've seen it there is you click, and....

Feb 13, 2017 at 7:48 AM Post #17,570 of 75,672
The thing to me is Puresound 600 is totally better if no eq. But with more amp power, i would prefer to use ty 650. for example, ty 650 can be loud enough at iDSD Micro normal mode, but it sounds BETTER on turbo mode :)  

the problem for as long as i've seen it there is you click, and....

IF and sound field is a powerful plug, tri-band is still very balanced. Although not yet completely open but the bottom is the sound I really like, thick and high density. Very much like the plug!
2016 年 12 月 20 日 16:24 Color classification: magic red

H *** 0
Store special good, in the double-11 shopping not only sent a beautiful headset box and a pair of sponge earplugs, gave a pair of God Bless the flat plug, in this expressed gratitude. Received 650 Euro plug, after a few days with the "HiFi" player straight push, pushing the permeability, listening to a sense of bass just dive depth, put away simply, tri-band more efforts. The overall feeling of this plug is more balanced Chiang Kai-shek, very Naiting, no sound of evil. So the 650 European Union to listen to a sense of no less than the first to buy the Baia 990-600 European big ears.
Color classification: magic red

A *** 2
Sound good to hear, the sound is very flexible, very good
[11 days after the additional]: personal feelings, to buy before: so expensive, *** tease me & hellip ;. After listening to headphones to hand: so I see how much money there is a card, enough to come one! Solo, a prelude to a California hotel, I did not like to hear this song before, because the lengthy prelude to my flat head sounded like a group of people elastic rubber band, people upset. I could feel that I was sitting in front of them about five meters to listen to music, the details of the sound like the same as eggs to me, I can hear the nail texture of the different guitar sound caused by a slight difference , You can hear the left side of the musicians swallowed voice, heard the stage lighting and floor friction when moving sound. Followed by sparse around some applause, while all the cheers as prairie fire as even a piece of the original around the audience! I nodded head to distinguish: there are about a thousand people sitting around me, female voice floating in the top, male is slightly in the next, there are four hundred women, six hundred men. The two men from me have chronic rhinitis, because I heard his heavy breathing, the woman next to me is a pregnant woman, I heard when the fetus flips with amniotic fluid flow. Followed by the north east 13.5 degrees came drums, low to the center of the earth, but contains a magma of energy, full flexibility. Suddenly there are countless ears filled with water in the balloon close to the location of the tympanic membrane have exploded, the whole body into a tight rhythm of the rhythm into, and even consciousness is also the storm-like drums and guitar strangulation becomes angry if Gossam, I do not moan: "Oh ~"

Dream *** 8
After listening to ten days, the underlying heritage than the new 400 much higher personal feeling to push the HP650 must be used to put gallbladder, great taste
[43 days after the additional]: more than a month, the sound completely open, enhance the huge,

Spin *** sound
Headset is very beautiful, enjoy the music go! Thank you boss to send headphones!

Live *** Zheng
Super good stores, particularly patient recommendations, did not belong to the scope of the box to send headphones, but still gave me headset box, first began to promise I made SF, and shipping personnel may be due to communication problems, made in the store, found Immediately contact the shipping staff, give me a timely change over, this is the best I've ever seen stores, praise! . Headphones to listen to sense of burning and then burn the machine?
2016 年 11 月 16 日 20:11 Color classification: magic red

Ants only
Xinan Island electroplating red ~ hard bright Sao of the flat headphones ~ wire color with a good look ~ sound field surprisingly large ~ listen to some of the 90's old songs, especially the male is very magnetic taste, like a good resolution analytic resolution New 400 better, but like the sound field must not miss 650 ~

Color classification: red

Y ***
Headphone shell is much more beautiful than before, the line is Needless to say, the quality of the eyes can be seen, a start to listen to the sound field can feel great, good analysis, listening to a period of time is getting better, Push really do need thrust, usually mainly out of the street to listen to more, definitely worth having, flat head plug security travel good protection, coupled with a good sound quality, on the road to break the noise of the car out of contrast, quiet time direct scene switch.

Too *** sound
Totally natural, Zhuyuanyurun voice, IF strong. There is no new analysis of the kind of very violent feeling of 400, similar to the sound of Whiston, for the old burn. E18 push feeling good on the thrust requirements is still relatively high, but the phone can also listen to the human voice. The rest are still taste. Another very good workmanship materials, burgundy paint technology is very particular about, like coated with a layer of nail polish. Wire is bluffing, a few old burn a look that is more than 2k level headphones.
Color Classification: Red

T *** s
Work and wire to enhance the very large, this must be like. With the new 400 before the European, are a good plug, the style is different, I like, can not say which is better, more monitoring of 650 Europe, show the ability of the equipment stronger, the new 400, on the contrary, basically what equipment Can show their own style, the two plugs are Chiang Kai-shek's tuning, relatively speaking, 650 Europe or more to eat some thrust. In short worth a try, in a good performance of the equipment is very good!
2016 年 10 月 10 日 20:27 Color classification: magic red

L *** 7
Simply put it difficult to push, but pushed a good interpretation of the sound field are good this price is not the value of the specific description of the & ldquo; sacrifice anyway, get a 08mp still can

Z *** g
Sound great, but the sound a bit boring, poor resolution, pot burning look
Color Category: Magic Red 650 Europe

W *** 0
Express to receive direct confirmation, all in the words
2016 年 12 月 20 日 19:15 Color classification: magic red

On the *** 7
Burn machine, at first glance is also good
Color classification: magic red 650 Europe

R *** m
A word, very good!
Color Classification: Magic Red 650 Europe

I *** when
Logistics forced acridine! ??

C *** x
Sound does have the feeling of wearing a head, burn machine, the sound should be good

Q *** k
In the high-impedance home to buy a fourth pair of headphones. 650 Europe with the new 400 sound like, but it is another style. 400 Europe is very resistant to hearing, a kind of childhood music at the beginning of the feeling of listening, no longer a simple toss equipment. Switch from 400 to 650 in Europe, the human voice, back tone about to open, the sound field is really great, this is a sense to the plug? 650 can be said that the upgraded version of 400 Europe to enhance the resolution, sound field, IF. Perhaps not to open the reason, did not dive deep 400 low. Perhaps in order to more balanced, so deliberately low-frequency received a little. In the 650 did not arrive before the 400 European very satisfied, that Han is not missing. But received 650, the switch between the 400 Europe and 650 Europe to listen to the same song, and finally I chose 650. But also an ear thing.

L *** k
Well, conscience for praise!
2016 年 10 月 30 日 19:05 Color classification: magic red

T *** 5
The most powerful high-impedance headphones, what Kay high resistance is not worth mentioning ah!
[2 days after the additional]: I do not lo port portable do not buy this machine (or on the mill slightly! My Colorful C4 are so after the lo friends), lo port portable portable amp (Same store e18 amp can be), the best platform or put! Do not have to buy a new 400 or G3! G3 cost is very high, what machine can! But the new 400 word of mouth has been appreciated at home and abroad! There are amp and portable lo port, you think you can grab it? Circle are not enough points, the overseas grab blood, and grab the line also slowly it! 7/10 of the coil scrap rate you slowly line it! This does not make money goods you do not reminders insect brother, and we have to force him to engage in a fever circle, you think money? Insects do a few play even get it!
Login Registration Region:
PC version
© 2017 Zhejiang B2-20140703
Contact the seller
Favorite baby
Buy now

Feb 13, 2017 at 8:09 AM Post #17,571 of 75,672
now between the red and blue, the sounded similar, but the blue has more energy and harmonics on treble frequencies...it's like the cymbals are hit harder. I prefer the softer treble sound on the red, and also the red is slightly better at mids, and sounded a tad clearer on that noisy place. But the both are outstanding. according to adhi, the blue and red only differs in cable. the driver tweaks are the same.

PS: they all are fresh demo stocks with no or minimal burn in, so that might be a factor why the edimun is underperforming, because I read that the edimun requires some burn in time to shine while the de'muns sounded great from the start

So, can i assume that the blue one is more suitable for headbanger?
Wow..i really want to try it.

And for edimun, burn it at least 50hrs makes big improvement

Feb 13, 2017 at 8:26 AM Post #17,572 of 75,672
Well, the more I progress in this hobby, the more I think about the first expensive earbud I acquired, the MX985.  While I know it's considered one of the best earbuds to many people's ears, there's just nothing about it that in comparison to other similarly or even lesser quality earbuds that really grabs my attention.  My concern is that while this could easily be explained by a difference in taste, it could also be explained by being a fake as I have nothing else to compare against.  The one I own has a very laid back and non-aggressive sound to it, possibly due to a large soundstage which I am a horrible judge of due to having virtually no depth perception, so I can't really judge distances whatsoever.  For the same volume on a Walnut, the Zen 2 for example has nearly the same vocal volume, but instruments feel far more present and louder.  Instruments like harp have clear and well defined sound, so that's good.  Electric guitar is decent, and certainly ahead of drums and bass, which feels lacking somewhat.  It could be that this is a treble-head earbud of which I am no means a member as I am by far least concerned with the treble portion of the spectrum, loving bass and vocals.  Vocals themselves are a little distant compared to other vocal-based earbuds, but have a life-like sound to them.  Considering the MX 985 is 16 ohm and 120 dB/mW, and the Zen 2 is 320 ohm and both have a rather similar vocal volume given same power, that concerns me as well.

At best, the MX985 is a poor match for me, at worst it's a flat out fake.  It's certainly a concern that's been growing with me as time goes on, and part of the reason I've never been willing to see about trading them off as I certainly don't have a real love for these.  Maybe I'm overthinking it...  but the more I experience in this hobby, especially with acquiring the Zen 2 & Edimun V3 this past week, I'm growing in concern.

Feb 13, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #17,575 of 75,672

We made it several months before, and we will make some showpieces but not release recently.....

Makes me wonder. Are the trend now is pushing the impedance higher to get more control or they're (the maker) actually progressing in developing the driver membrane altogether. People mention biocelulose, titanium coating etc in iem driver development all the time.

how about the earbud segment? Do they also actively developing new idea or rehash some popular driver design? I heard some maker use graphene (prolly just marketing term) before but not much info.

Feb 13, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #17,577 of 75,672

I just wanted to share this photo I took. 

Currently listening to the MusicMaker/ToneKing Ting, one of my favorite earbuds.

--

How does the fit of the Ting compare to MX500 shell? The only thing holding me back on the Ting is a possible fit issue. Nice photo!

Feb 13, 2017 at 10:50 AM Post #17,578 of 75,672
Well, the more I progress in this hobby, the more I think about the first expensive earbud I acquired, the MX985.  While I know it's considered one of the best earbuds to many people's ears, there's just nothing about it that in comparison to other similarly or even lesser quality earbuds that really grabs my attention.  My concern is that while this could easily be explained by a difference in taste, it could also be explained by being a fake as I have nothing else to compare against.  The one I own has a very laid back and non-aggressive sound to it, possibly due to a large soundstage which I am a horrible judge of due to having virtually no depth perception, so I can't really judge distances whatsoever.  For the same volume on a Walnut, the Zen 2 for example has nearly the same vocal volume, but instruments feel far more present and louder.  Instruments like harp have clear and well defined sound, so that's good.  Electric guitar is decent, and certainly ahead of drums and bass, which feels lacking somewhat.  It could be that this is a treble-head earbud of which I am no means a member as I am by far least concerned with the treble portion of the spectrum, loving bass and vocals.  Vocals themselves are a little distant compared to other vocal-based earbuds, but have a life-like sound to them.  Considering the MX 985 is 16 ohm and 120 dB/mW, and the Zen 2 is 320 ohm and both have a rather similar vocal volume given same power, that concerns me as well.

At best, the MX985 is a poor match for me, at worst it's a flat out fake.  It's certainly a concern that's been growing with me as time goes on, and part of the reason I've never been willing to see about trading them off as I certainly don't have a real love for these.  Maybe I'm overthinking it...  but the more I experience in this hobby, especially with acquiring the Zen 2 & Edimun V3 this past week, I'm growing in concern.

So it's not just me that feels what you just felt.
It's not my taste too. It has great soundstage and lively sound, but other than that, i'm not impress.
I mean, even blox be7 and ve ashura beta can out-perform it.
But once again, maybe it's about sound prefference and its sound is definitely not the one that i'm looking for. I got it first together with ve zen v2 and ve zen v1, and i've ever written my comparison. My opinion isn't too different with yours

Feb 13, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #17,579 of 75,672
So it's not just me that feels what you just felt.
It's not my taste too. It has great soundstage and lively sound, but other than that, i'm not impress.
I mean, even blox be7 and ve ashura beta can out-perform it.
But once again, maybe it's about sound prefference and its sound is definitely not the one that i'm looking for. I got it first together with ve zen v2 and ve zen v1, and i've ever written my comparison. My opinion isn't too different with yours
Same here, not my cup of tea..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back