Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 16, 2017 at 8:28 PM Post #16,486 of 75,803
  Haha, Koei released the first Romance of the Three Kingdoms game in 1985 for MSX, NES and Amiga. The most recent one came out last year. I still haven't read the book, but i've played enough of the games to have a general understanding of what it was all about 
rolleyes.gif

lol, the book is a very lengthy one, written with a particular style which lies between modern/classical Chinese language. Foreigners tend to get lost in the complicated naming system of over 1000 characters appeared in the book. I believe there is a "Cliffs Note" version of that book in English. 

Jan 17, 2017 at 1:58 AM Post #16,487 of 75,803
Isn't Zen 2 a sort of upgrade to Asura 2? I remembered Asura 2 as quite midcentric and I would have recommended Cypherus QFred but a Head fier who has got both Asura 2 and QFred compared them and they are quite different, and Asura 2 isn't as midcentric as I remembered (I sold my Asura 2 over 6 months before buying QFred).

I will ask him in a PM if it's okay for me to quote it here. Otherwise I can send it to you in a PM.

Anyway, if you were looking for the perfect midcentric earbud QFred would be the answer, although it costs $200. But for something like Asura 2 but better, perhaps Zen 2 would be good?

The price is good and I like wood earbuds. But I want to try to make my collection even smaller. Now I'm thinking again of selling the Dunu Alpha 1. Nice sound but poor fit. And I've got Diomnes Lv2 on the way plus I'll get Shozy Stardust as soon as possible. Plus hopefully the new Blox flagship later this year and also two new Cypherus earbuds (entry level and new flagship). How is it possible to make the collection smaller?!?!?

I was thinking to not even touch Stardust until you got it and posted some thoughts, however, maybe that was a limited run.

Jan 17, 2017 at 2:05 AM Post #16,488 of 75,803

Black braided, decent quality, doesn't tangle, seems a bit thin though.

Regarding the TY Hi-Z 150's cable again, 

What about microphonic? is it really bad on these? (I was just walking with my annoyingly microphonic IEM that I remembered about this). Though I assume it's just a common issue IEMs have in general, while earbuds won't struggle as much.

Finally, would it be wasteful to buy ty hi-z 150 over the ty hi-z 32 when I'll just use it straight out of my standard smartphone and laptop (no special enhancement in output source whatsoever), because I like the braided cable on ty hi-z 150.

Jan 17, 2017 at 2:34 AM Post #16,489 of 75,803
While I want to place a taobao order, several things I'd want to order MisterTao won't ship like Audio Technica's earclip, or I see a bunch of budget earbuds which would be fun to try, but ultimately aren't necessary. So unless I can find something high end worth buying, my order will wait.

Jan 17, 2017 at 2:49 AM Post #16,490 of 75,803
Speaking of Romance of The 3 Kingdoms, I myself as a Chinese is ashamed that even I do not know that much about the actual/factual history of that time period, nor have I dragged my lazy ass to be committed and read through the stories.....

Guess this is what happens when you force middle schoolers to forcefully memorize Chinese History hahahaha.

On a side note, Red Demun replied my message, informed the company to check their email and they have "seen" my fb message. But alas, still no reply =( sobs

Jan 17, 2017 at 3:18 AM Post #16,492 of 75,803

What about microphonic? is it really bad on these? (I was just walking with my annoyingly microphonic IEM that I remembered about this). Though I assume it's just a common issue IEMs have in general, while earbuds won't struggle as much.

Finally, would it be wasteful to buy ty hi-z 150 over the ty hi-z 32 when I'll just use it straight out of my standard smartphone and laptop (no special enhancement in output source whatsoever), because I like the braided cable on ty hi-z 150.

You shouldn't have any problem with microphonics I don't think. The most I've had with a twisted type cable is an occasional and tiny bit of a rattle against the shell if it's a stiff cable, but that's about it.

Re whether it's worth the difference - if you're going to spend double and you're unsure on sound preferences as yet, why not get 2 say the TY 32 and the Monk+. That would mean (a) you have a spare pair and (b) once you've tried them both, you're better informed about your preferred sound, before laying out cash for anything more expensive in future.

Jan 17, 2017 at 4:21 AM Post #16,493 of 75,803
  Someone in Indonesia should start an english-language web store and find cheap shipping. I think everyone here is really curious about all the variety of buds they have there. I have tried contacting various sellers on Facebook, its been difficult to communicate with them and get a good idea of prices, sound desc., etc. 

Or one of our baller members, should go to Indonesia, buy a bunch headphones and import them for sale to us. :wink:

Jan 17, 2017 at 4:26 AM Post #16,494 of 75,803
What is the direct upgrade to Red Dem'un?

Jan 17, 2017 at 4:33 AM Post #16,495 of 75,803
You shouldn't have any problem with microphonics I don't think. The most I've had with a twisted type cable is an occasional and tiny bit of a rattle against the shell if it's a stiff cable, but that's about it.

Re whether it's worth the difference - if you're going to spend double and you're unsure on sound preferences as yet, why not get 2 say the TY 32 and the Monk+. That would mean (a) you have a spare pair and (b) once you've tried them both, you're better informed about your preferred sound, before laying out cash for anything more expensive in future.

My thought is that I'll have one shot into the earbuds side and be done with it, as my main interest is in IEM; and it drains most of my budget away.

I just want to test out the claim that earbuds generally have better soundstage and imaging than IEM.

As said before, I originally wanted to get and monk or ty hi-z 32. But then I saw the braided cable on those models and was tempted. So me being greedy just want a better sound comes out of a more expensive version, while in reality all I want is a better looking cable on those.
p/s: Seeing the $3 shippingon a $5 earbuds is really discouraging

Anyway, thanks for your sugesstions.

Jan 17, 2017 at 4:33 AM Post #16,496 of 75,803
My thought is that I'll have one shot into the earbuds side and be done with it, as my main interest is in IEM; and it drains most of my budget away.

I just want to test out the claim that earbuds generally have better soundstage and imaging than IEM.

As said before, I originally wanted to get and monk or ty hi-z 32. But then I saw the braided cable on those models and was tempted. So me being greedy just want a better sound comes out of a more expensive version, while in reality all I want is a better looking cable on those.
p/s: Seeing the $3 shippingon a $5 earbuds is really discouraging

Anyway, thanks for your sugesstions.

Get the cheap ones and put nicer cables on all of them!

Jan 17, 2017 at 6:49 AM Post #16,497 of 75,803

Black braided, decent quality, doesn't tangle, seems a bit thin though.

No problem with microphonics.

It is a good upgrade from the Hi-Z 32 for me using my laptop with EQ (it is very v-shaped without it). I have no idea how easy it is to drive from a smartphone.

Jan 17, 2017 at 6:59 AM Post #16,498 of 75,803
Greetings everyone,im new here and im fall in love with earbud after im purchased my vemonk+ and i need a recommendation a good earbud around 40-50usd to pair with my xduoo x10, all my music is all genres and my prefer sound bright mid to high with small in low or bass,and im alr search on google too and found a toneking tomahawk also yuin pk3, or any other recommendations??

Jan 17, 2017 at 7:04 AM Post #16,499 of 75,803
Greetings everyone,im new here and im fall in love with earbud after im purchased my vemonk+ and i need a recommendation a good earbud around 40-50usd to pair with my xduoo x10, all my music is all genres and my prefer sound bright mid to high with small in low or bass,and im alr search on google too and found a toneking tomahawk also yuin pk3, or any other recommendations??

Tomahawk sounds perfect for you...

Jan 17, 2017 at 7:07 AM Post #16,500 of 75,803
Yinman150, bro :sunglasses:
15995051_1279972255430584_6127829208212058680_o.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back