Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 17, 2017 at 7:12 AM Post #16,502 of 75,809
Yinman150, bro :sunglasses:
15995051_1279972255430584_6127829208212058680_o.jpg

Thanks uncle,i'll write it on my list(i think it a bit hard to find yinman in my country) btw i know you from ELI group on fb, waw

Jan 17, 2017 at 8:48 AM Post #16,506 of 75,809
  Speaking of Romance of The 3 Kingdoms, I myself as a Chinese is ashamed that even I do not know that much about the actual/factual history of that time period, nor have I dragged my lazy ass to be committed and read through the stories.....

Guess this is what happens when you force middle schoolers to forcefully memorize Chinese History hahahaha.

On a side note, Red Demun replied my message, informed the company to check their email and they have "seen" my fb message. But alas, still no reply =( sobs

To me is the same with a lot of classic Italian literature, but I've read ROT3K twice already :D

Jan 17, 2017 at 8:50 AM Post #16,507 of 75,809
ty hi-z150

Lots of bass on this, might be too much for your preference.

AG RX-1 has very good mids and highs with not much bass.

Jan 17, 2017 at 10:01 AM Post #16,509 of 75,809
Can someone recommend a decent MMCX cable?

High Quality Custom Made Silver and Copper Mixed Earphone Upgrade Cable For Shure SE535 SE846 UE900 DZ7 DZ9 DZX LZ A3 QT5
http://s.aliexpress.com/i2mIn2iu
(from AliExpress Android)

LZ Custom Made High Quality Silver Plated Cable Earphone Upgrade Cable With MMCX Ues For Shure SE535 SE846 UE900 LZ A3 **** UE
http://s.aliexpress.com/IBzyURr2
(from AliExpress Android)

Jan 17, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #16,511 of 75,809
I'm thinking about this possibility. Dont know where to start though. Is it really time consuming?

Anyway, I think I'll just get a ty hi-z or monk+ for now

Thanks

Once i get a bud open - the hard part - it is only maybe 10 minutes of work if that. If you use cables which already have the 3.5mm plug attached, the whole thing is very quick.

Jan 17, 2017 at 7:39 PM Post #16,514 of 75,809
When De'mun replies to your email

So hopefully I will own both Red Demun V1 and V2 soon. Hope to use the hell out of the V2 while keeping my V1 safe. I would listen to it so much more if I wasn't so worried I'd destroy it...

Jan 17, 2017 at 9:47 PM Post #16,515 of 75,809
  Speaking of Romance of The 3 Kingdoms, I myself as a Chinese is ashamed that even I do not know that much about the actual/factual history of that time period, nor have I dragged my lazy ass to be committed and read through the stories.....

Guess this is what happens when you force middle schoolers to forcefully memorize Chinese History hahahaha.

On a side note, Red Demun replied my message, informed the company to check their email and they have "seen" my fb message. But alas, still no reply =( sobs

lol, Romance of the three kingdoms is more literature than history, adapted to reflect the Confucian viewpoint of order. That aside, it is a fascinating story. There is a saying in China:"Water Margin is not for the junior, and Romance of the three kingdoms not for the senior", for the WM preaches violence and insubordination, and the ROT3K preaches craft and cunning. 

Take an example from a story about Cao Cao, who would later be the most important figure in that period and almost reunited all China, after a failed assassination attempt at the most powerful and evil warlord Dong Zhuo(who would boil his enemy alive in a big pot and feed the lords, whoever refuse to eat end up in the pot), Cao Cao fled the capital city and take refuge in the countryside in the estate of Lu Boshe, an old friend of his fathers. A man called Chen Gong, admirer of his heroic deed, resigned from the government and followed him. That afternoon, Cao Cao took a nap, and heard the sound of knife-sharpening between his dreams, being a paranoid man, he immediately took his sword and killed the servants in the kitchen, and Lu Boshe's family too. Only then he found that a pig was being prepared for dinner. He and Chen Gong left the house, on the way they met Lu Boshe, Lu said to him:"Why are you leaving so soon my good nephew, I just went to town to buy wine." Cao Cao diverted his attention and killed him too. Chen Gong was shocked and asked him what the hell did he do, here comes Cao Cao's famous reply:"I'd rather betray the world, than let the world betray me(宁教我负天下人,休教天下人负我)." 

In real history Cao Cao was a great man with shortcomings(well who isn't ), but he is not deemed as "忠” (Zhong, or loyal) by Confucian scholars, that epitome belongs to his friend/enemy Liu Bei, ROT3K is a attempt to depict him as "奸“(Jian, or evil) and restore the "heavenly orders" which history itself failed to manifest. 

Originally Posted by @Nachash  To me is the same with a lot of classic Italian literature, but I've read ROT3K twice already :D

Admirable undertaking, sir!
biggrin.gif

-------------

Now back to topic, so if I order De'mun, it is the V2 now, right? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back