Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (FINAL UPDATE March. 1st, 2013)
Oct 29, 2012 at 1:19 PM Post #857 of 1,242
Oct 29, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #860 of 1,242
Thx Clieos,

and re262 compared with GR07?
i havent found the tdk for sale.

They are more or less around the same performance. A well driven RE262 can compete with GR07. The question is less about which is the best, but which fits your preference better. For example, RE262 is really musical, GR07 has great technicality, etc. But for something the fits the description of warm and good soundstage, IE800 will be my top choice.

Oct 30, 2012 at 12:02 AM Post #862 of 1,242
Quote:
They are more or less around the same performance. A well driven RE262 can compete with GR07. The question is less about which is the best, but which fits your preference better. For example, RE262 is really musical, GR07 has great technicality, etc. But for something the fits the description of warm and good soundstage, IE800 will be my top choice.

How are the mids (forward, neutral, recessed) and the technicality on the TDK IE800?  Can its technicality compete with the GR07?  thanks

Oct 30, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #863 of 1,242
Not sure if I am that impressed with the MH1C because of the price or is because it's that good.  I am shocked with these things.  One heck of a find ClieOS.  
beerchug.gif

Oct 30, 2012 at 2:34 AM Post #867 of 1,242
With that in mind, is j-phonic K2 (SP) is what i'm looking for? If i'm willing to pay Japanese MSRP for it, which is 39,900+ JPY, can you point me to any alternatives and do you think it still worth that price tag?
I'll be using IEMs mainly at home with PC/laptop and maybe outdoor, tho i might just use A151 for that. If we talking about K2, any portable (transportable) DACs/amps you can recommend in particular and will i even benefit from using one in my case?
I listen to pretty much all music genres, from (indie) rock and EDM to soundtracks. No jazz or classical tho, but i like analyse music sometimes.
P.S. If i'd want something a bit different, like good all-around sound with bass, treble AND soundstage, am i looking on balanced sound signature? And are there even such IEM that do all those things equally well and fit the bill?

Excellent choice on the K2 SP, but unfortunately it is not about the money. Due to poor economy, jphonic shut down its oversea branch and decide to work only with in the Japanese market, meaning you can't order one if you are not in Japan. The only way to get one is through someone in Japan or pick up an used pair (unless of course you live in Japan). Anyway, give your liking toward A151, I'll suggest Westone 4 as an alternative. It is warmer than K2 SP overall, but still technically strong and match A151 sound signature better. However, if you are looking for a more 'balanced' sound (bass, treble and soundstage), the T-POES H100 is a great choice (while still near the same level as K2 SP and W4), and save you a batch of money as well.

How are the mids (forward, neutral, recessed) and the technicality on the TDK IE800?  Can its technicality compete with the GR07?  thanks

It isn't particularly forward, but like RE262, mid is IE800 strong point. If there is one pair of IEM that has RE262 sound signature and I believe to be better, I'll say it is IE800 as it handle treble and soundstage more delicately. I do believe IE800 can stand up to GR07 in most area. While GR07 might win on on certain area, as a whole I do prefer IE800 just a little more.

Not sure if I am that impressed with the MH1C because of the price or is because it's that good.  I am shocked with these things.  One heck of a find ClieOS.  :beerchug:

Give it more time and you'll find out :wink:

Oct 30, 2012 at 3:23 AM Post #868 of 1,242
Quote:
It isn't particularly forward, but like RE262, mid is IE800 strong point. If there is one pair of IEM that has RE262 sound signature and I believe to be better, I'll say it is IE800 as it handle treble and soundstage more delicately. I do believe IE800 can stand up to GR07 in most area. While GR07 might win on on certain area, as a whole I do prefer IE800 just a little more.

Thanks.  If I could ask a couple more things, how is the bass quality on the TDK IE800?  Is it more focused on mid bass or sub bass, and how is the sub bass depth/extension?  thanks again

Oct 30, 2012 at 5:11 AM Post #869 of 1,242
Quality is really good, extends down to 20Hz. But it is not a bass heavy IEM. At most I'll say it is quantitatively in line with the mid, so it is more or less neutral in this part of the FR curve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back