Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (FINAL UPDATE March. 1st, 2013)
Apr 24, 2011 at 11:44 AM Post #91 of 1,242
Sorry, haven't listen to any of the Nakamichi before and haven't had any plan to review them for now.

May 6, 2011 at 2:59 AM Post #93 of 1,242
Hey ClieOS,

Just wanted to comment on your review of the Maximo iM-590's.. They have changed the cable to one that is much, much less likely to get kinked, it is still cloth but much better. Also, they changed the headphone jack to one that is very similar to the jack on the MC5's.. both big improvements on the build quality..

Also, I found them kinda bass heavy, but I really like a more analytical sound sig, I guess.

May 6, 2011 at 7:39 AM Post #94 of 1,242
Could you say which of the dynamic driver phones you reviewed were ported? And/or out of the ones which are either ported or use balanced armature drivers, which one(s) are the most similar to the Silver Bullet in sound?

May 6, 2011 at 7:41 AM Post #95 of 1,242
Thanks for the info. I haven't paid a lot of attention on Maximo in past few months as they become pretty quiet after last year CES. Still hope that they will release the 7 series or newer design though.

Quote:
Hey ClieOS,

May 6, 2011 at 8:01 AM Post #96 of 1,242

Quote:
Could you say which of the dynamic driver phones you reviewed were ported? And/or out of the ones which are either ported or use balanced armature drivers, which one(s) are the most similar to the Silver Bullet in sound?

Many of them are damped (a semi-sealed vent). Not that many are fully ported like RE1 and RE2. There are those with selectable venting, like VB, PL30, CC51. A few have small vent like MEElec M2, Panasonic RP-HJE450, etc. A few have extra large acoustic chamber like Phiaton PS20, Audio Technica ATH-CKS70. There are simply way too many detail to list for each models and that will defeat the purpose of this thread being 'concise'.

I would consider Radius DDM2 to be an direct upgrade over Silver Bullet, but it is pretty expensive. If you want another dynamic IEM with good bass, try the new Atrio MG7. It is less warm in the mid, but better in bass and detail.

May 8, 2011 at 2:55 PM Post #98 of 1,242

Quote:
Many of them are damped (a semi-sealed vent). Not that many are fully ported like RE1 and RE2. There are those with selectable venting, like VB, PL30, CC51. A few have small vent like MEElec M2, Panasonic RP-HJE450, etc. A few have extra large acoustic chamber like Phiaton PS20, Audio Technica ATH-CKS70. There are simply way too many detail to list for each models and that will defeat the purpose of this thread being 'concise'.  
I would consider Radius DDM2 to be an direct upgrade over Silver Bullet, but it is pretty expensive. If you want another dynamic IEM with good bass, try the new Atrio MG7. It is less warm in the mid, but better in bass and detail.

Thanks.

May 12, 2011 at 9:48 PM Post #100 of 1,242
Just wanted to say that I'm completely impressed with how well shure olives work with etymotic IEM's.. I saw a jump in isolation and a huuge bump in sound quality. I'm astounded.

May 13, 2011 at 1:10 AM Post #101 of 1,242
Most analytical sounding IEM can get positive result from foam tips. That;s why most of my analytical IEM have olive, comply or JAYS' foam on them. On the other hand, warmer sounding IEM is usually better with silicone eartips.

May 13, 2011 at 3:51 AM Post #102 of 1,242

Quote:
Most analytical sounding IEM can get positive result from foam tips. That;s why most of my analytical IEM have olive, comply or JAYS' foam on them. On the other hand, warmer sounding IEM is usually better with silicone eartips.

They made me decide to go ahead and get the HF5's :) . So long as I can put the Olives on em! 

May 16, 2011 at 2:58 PM Post #104 of 1,242
Thanks for this amazing overview ClieOS! Will you be including the Sunrise X-IE soon? It will be much appreciated :D

May 17, 2011 at 11:13 AM Post #105 of 1,242

Quote:
Thanks for this amazing overview ClieOS! Will you be including the Sunrise X-IE soon? It will be much appreciated :D

X-IE is next in line, after I finish my FiiO E11 review in the next few day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back