Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (FINAL UPDATE March. 1st, 2013)
Mar 14, 2011 at 1:49 AM Post #76 of 1,242
Rating for RE262 adjusted due to new price and new design.

Mar 14, 2011 at 7:30 AM Post #78 of 1,242

Quote:
Omg... The 262 is selling for $150? I think I found my next IEM. Will they stay $150 or is this only for preorder?

That I don't know. But given the RE272 is said to be ready for market soon and will be around for $250~260, I think the chance of RE262's price being lowered to $150 is high.

Mar 14, 2011 at 4:36 PM Post #79 of 1,242
Hi clieos,

Hope you can help me out.

I have the Brainwavz M2 and the Qjays that i listen to alot to.
Weird thing is..overall i prefer the Qjays, but on certain type of music i prefer the M2.

Somehow with music with a beat the M2s sounds so much better than the Qjays....that I tend to replace the qjays with the M2. Its really starting to bug me...all that switching around.
Seems I am very partial to the (mid)bass in my music.

My questions are:
1) Is there a headphone that combines great highs(without sibilance), Great mids(vocals) and of course with a nice strong bass with a nice thump(midbass?) ..without getting to bassy.(I mean with artificial enhancement of lowend)?

2)If question 1 is a negative. Does my preference for bass/midbass means that I am more of a dynamic than balanced armature type?

3) Any suggestions of an IEM?

I only have 2 IEMs and it just bugs me how often i get the urge to switch. I wonder how people do it with more than 2 IEMs.(Think that's 90% of all headfiers)

Mar 14, 2011 at 10:11 PM Post #80 of 1,242
It does seem like you are partial to mid and bass (which is where dynamic usually excels over BA). For that, I think you will like Ortofon e-Q5, though it is much more expensive then q-JAYS. However, not all hope is lost with the q-JAYS - I will suggest you try the O.J.mod first, which transforms the lean and clear q-JAYS to a fuller mid, which is much more enjoyable IMO.

Apr 1, 2011 at 4:11 AM Post #83 of 1,242
Apr 2, 2011 at 11:06 AM Post #85 of 1,242

Quote:
Hi ClieOS,

In your opinion, Which category will SM3 be? Btw, it is an awesome list.

Thanks. Really hope I can answer your question but I haven't listened to SM3 yet (I visited the store that carries it a while ago but I forgot to ask for an audition). If I have to make a guess based on the review I read so far, I'll say it probably belong to Warm+Sweet - then again it is a total guess.

Apr 18, 2011 at 11:11 AM Post #89 of 1,242

Quote:
What would be the group the Westone UM3x belong to ?

Probably Warm+Sweet. I can't really give you any definitive answer since I only auditioned UM3X briefly quite some time ago and never reviewed it formally.

Quote:
Great review, ClieOS!

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back